Hello and welcome to!!
This club was first suggested by our very own Flintlock! The idea is to have a weekly theme that is decided in advance and everyone picking/linking a song that relates to that theme. Then we discuss the songs posted and such.
Each week, folks are going to be free to throw out suggestions for themes to appear in the coming weeks. I’ll keep a list of them
Along with posting the theme, I’ll be posting a personal question relating to music as well as trivia questions! You’re free to post whatever you feel like answering to, whether it’s just the personal question or the theme or both etc. You’re also free to play ‘catch up’ on past personal questions/themes if you want to share something particular with us, but you may NOT answer past trivia questions. I mean you could...but it wouldn’t really matter.
Trivia System & Rules:
- Every Saturday, I’ll be posting three random trivia questions and you can decide whether or not you participate in any of them (that is, you can choose to answer as many as you’d like or none at all).
- All participants should either slip into my PMs here or slide into my DMs via discord with your answer(s) and I’ll tell you how many points you’ve earned...or lost!
- If you are correct, you gain two points! However, if you are wrong, you lose one!
- This can make things interesting in cases where you are confident in the answer of at least one trivia question. If you decide to guess the other two, no points can be taken away from your total score, but you risk not gaining any points either.
- WARNING: Each participant is only allowed to give one answer per question per trivia round! So only answer if you’re feeling confident (or lucky)!
- The current week’s trivia answers will be revealed with the new set of trivia questions every Saturday.
- NO CHEATING. Of course I can’t stop you from breaking this rule and researching the right answers, but what would be the fun in that eh? :/ It’s a shallow victory and I hope the guilt eats you up inside as I’m congratulating you should you so choose to cheat. ):<
- BE A GOOD SPORT. I’m running this weekly quiz just for the fun of it! I pull the majority of these questions from trivia sites/articles from the interwebs, and I’m doing my darnedest to make sure the questions are diverse, covering different genres and periods so that everyone gets a chance to feel confident in answering something at some point. If you feel like there’s something being unrepresented, let me know and I’ll try to cycle it into the questions.
- To give folks a chance at being ‘top of the scoreboard’, the scores are reset every three months. However, I will still be keeping track of everyone’s total score and post our big winner at the end of the year.
- I try my hardest to research each trivia question before I present them here, but I am only human! If there is ever a time that you believe that an answer to a trivia question is inaccurate, you can present your argument (with credible sources please) and if I've decided that I've been given sufficient evidence, that'll be a freebie point for everyone who answered.
Direct any questions in general to me if you’re confused.
In the meantime, moving on to 6th January, 2018's
Inspiration (n.) - the process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, especially to do something creative.
Please post a song that you think exemplifies this theme and explain why you picked it.
As of now, what is the most played song on your iTunes (or any music playing equivalent)?
- Which celebrated Led Zeppelin song actually bombed with audiences the first time it was performed in 1971?
A. ‘Black Dog’
B. ‘Immigrant Song’
C. ‘Stairway to Heaven’
D. ‘When the Levee Breaks’
- Which composer learnt how to play piano before he could read?
- Lady Gaga’s hit ‘Telephone’ was originally written for whom before being rejected by her management?
A. Christina Aguilera
B. Katy Perry
C. Britney Spears
Best of luck and happy posting!!
SCORES ARE RESET