• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

TLS party for Dungeons and Dragons!

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Right, so, I want to organize a TLS DnD session!

I've never played DnD before and wasn't really interested in doing so until last year. I started hearing some pretty good and entertaining stories from sessions that others have played, and found out you can do sessions just by chatting via discord and whatnot.
Joe explained some basics last year and I was surprised as how 'easy' it was to actually play a session; I used to think you needed the game board, figures, booklets, physical dice, and that you have to play in person, yadda yadda. Pleasantly surprised to learn you didn't have to!

I know there's people on TLS who've played the game before and enjoy it, and I'm proposing that some of us from TLS set up a campaign and play sessions over Discord (perhaps make a voice channel specifically for this on the TLS server?)
Now because I've never played a game, I'm obviously hoping that several of you who want to play will do the honors of teaching me the game so I can learn. :awesome:

I was reading a basic manual that Joe sent along and I think I've got a good gist of character creation and basic game rules, and figured I need to start putting some stuff into practice to really get to learning now. :monster:

So, I'm looking for at least 3 more players from TLS, and for one of them to be the DM (preferably someone who's patient with newbies and knows the game inside out lol). Hopefully several of you peeps are interested because I really want to give it a go and don't have anyone in-person that cares about the game. :D I'll do all the organizing and shit for getting a session going and keeping in touch with people who's interested, for those who would love to play/DM but are shite at setting up things like this. :awesome:

Right, who's interested? :reptar:

Those who're willing to DM:
Joe
Darth (Doom Bunneh)

Those interested in playing:
Flare
Minato
Crash
Kimble
Carlie
Fancy
Channy
Flint
Ite
Airling
Tenny
Licorice (maybe)
Jecht (maybe)

Total count: 13 potential players and 2 DM's.

Edit 2:
Link for Roll20! Everyone will need an account here to be able to play.
Link for DnD 5e Players Handbook!
Link for a great series of videos on How to Play Dungeons and Dragons 5e

Edit 3: Doodle Calender for Joe's team (AKA the Good Team): https://doodle.com/poll/dnp4xmbmhzm6vv5g

Last edited:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I'm very interested! I have listen to hundreds of hours of people playing D&D through podcasts, always wanted to try it myself but don't have the offline friends for it.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I'm down, and also up for DM'ing if nobody else would like to. I've a little experience with it and a lot of experience as a player for like two years now. Happy to run a small campaign or at least a few beginner sessions if people are interested.

Roll20 is a pretty fantastic site for running these kinda DnD games online with people. There's a lot of resources and tools to make up for all the paper and dice you'd need irl.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Tets don't be a Yop.

Shamefully I also have never played DnD before so I'm in.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
SIGN ME DA FACK AP SQUEEEEEEEEEEE SO EXCITED
Happy that you've taken it upon yourself to organise everything. <3 <3 <3 :glomp: Thanks for putting this in motion~

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Which edition of D&D is it, do you know? I've only played Pathfinder before but that's compatible with D&D 3.5. If it's anything newer than that then I'll probably have to pass because I don't think my brain has room for another full set of rules. :wacky:

Edit: Actually, I guess I could give it a go, as long as I don't have to DM. :P I did that last time when some of us played Pathfinder and had to abandon it after about five sessions because it was just so much work, even when running a pre-made campaign.

Last edited:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^I would assume it'd be best to just go with the latest version of DnD. o.o Which is like the 5th edition or something?

Mmm but I'm liking where this is going so far. <3 :reptar:

Channy said:
Looks like we're all in the same boat :monster:

Channy does that mean you're interested too? :monster:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
If you google "5e players handbook PDF" you'll get the book. That's all you need.

I'm in by the way! I'd like to be a player since I'm already DMing one campaign and working on my materia thing. That's plenty of homework already ^_^

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
Oh Flare.... Oh Flare-y Flare Flare....

So I have played 3.5 both in CRPG and tabletop, and a bit of 4th and 5th in tabletop format, and I'm currently DM-ing a converted version of 3.5 specific to the Star Wars universe. YOU HAVE AWAKENED THE BEAST!

I'm probably not the best DM, but I'm also willing to be such or perhaps to co-DM with Joe (if you're up for that, Joe), or play along, or both (which is what I do in the SW campaign). I have a lot of resources for 3.5, nothing for 4th or 5th, but I could probably get my hands on some stuff.

So if the time works out, I'm in!

I think I would like to play, but I don't have the freedom to decide when I will be online. I'd have to fit it in around everything else. Would that be a problem?

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
Same question as above. I'm totes interested in this, but I just can't guarantee I'll be online consistently.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^I'd say right now, since we seem to have a good interest and group coming up so far, that I'll find out multiple dates for everyone and then I can post all the dates and times in this thread and you two can use that as a reference and let us know if you're available that day? :) (And anyone else like perhaps Tenny or another who might never really know when they'll have time).

I know how hard it is to get a group together the bigger it gets, so I figure this would be the easier way to do it for people interested but unable to really plan for a date in advance. :)

Okay I've made a list of who's interested, if they're interested/able to be DM, etc.

Those who're willing to DM:
Joe
Darth (Doom Bunneh)

Those interested in playing:
Flare
Minato
Crash
Kimble
Carlie
Fancy
Channy
Tenny
Flint
Ite
Licorice (maybe)
Jecht (maybe)

So far, not counting the maybes, that's already 12 players if we all manage to get a date together and everyone can fit in.

Now I know there needs to be at least 4 layers (ideally) but is there a cap to how many players can do a campaign? I know it'll be more difficult to manage things (that's 9 different voices for the DM/s to keep track of!) so I'll defer to Joe and Darth on if there's a good limit cap to players. If there's a lot of us all ready and wanting to play we miiiiight possibly split into two groups and do two campaigns? I think that's a potential option, if Joe and Darth DM'ed a group of their own, but that's just my ideas so far and you two let me know what your thoughts are. :D

Again, this is something we're planning to do on the TLS Discord server, so if you want to play and haven't done so yet, you'll need to make a Discord account/profile and join the TLS server.
Here's the invite link to the TLS server: https://discord.gg/qqGG2eb

I'll start pulling together dates and times soon, want to see if there's anyone else interested first. Keep in mind too that sessions can/will last several hours, so that's a decent time window you'll need open to play. :)

Edit: Forgot to count myself as a player XD

Last edited:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I don't know if 5E has a party size limit, but from my Pathfinder DMing experience (both online and offline), I'd say that four people per party is a good size. Any more and it becomes too much for a DM to keep track of. I had a party of six before, and one of the players had a pet dinosaur (off course) &#8211; throw in some enemies and it quickly adds up to 10+ combatants to keep track of. It's too much work. But it's up to the DM, of course.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Kudos to you Flare for organizing this!

5th edition is really the best system, and I used to swear by 2e. It's just really elegant and accessible for new players (I recommend for new players to play nonmagic classes, with Barbarian, Fighter, and Rogue being a very clear easy-to-hard choice.)

The sweet spot for number of players is 3-5. We could have an A and B team?

There are a few questions the DM and players should agree on:

-Character Death. Are we okay with getting killed?
-Campaign Flavor. Is this Princess Bride, LotR, or Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
-Alignment. Should we be good, evil, or neutral?
-Variants: Are we using Encumberance or any other house rules?

Anyone who is playing should read at least Chapter 1, 4, 5, 7, 8, and 9 of the PHB. Those will teach you how to play. You don't actually have to read about your race and class, unless you're stumped on which one to choose. Just their Level 1 features are enough to finish your character sheet!

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Two parties, one good, one evil. One DM each. The DMs communicate but nobody else knows what is going on in the other party. The fate of the world hangs in the balance. Or something.

Probably unrealistic but it's an idea. :monster:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I really like Flint's idea. Certainly seems more reasonable than a 10 person party. Would require some co-ordination but the hard work would be on me and Darth if he's up for the challenge :monster:

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
Dwarves vs Lalafels. The former have to end every sentence with "Rally-Ho." The latter have to demonstrate that they have no souls.

Top Bottom