• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

TLS Ranks FF Songs –– Semifinals Poll #2

The poll of champions!!!!!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BforB

Pro Adventurer
AKA
B
WANDERING FLAME!!!!!!!!

index.php

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Well... this poll might prevent the Finals from being a re-hash of the the last music polls' final vote...

This is really good match-up.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
One Winged Angel

Yeah... So given how often I've heard both of these, I did my usual "play them back to back while doing other stuff and see which one you remember more of" test. And listening to One Winged Angel... there's this anticipation throughout the entire thing that just isn't there for the FFVII Main Theme. I spend most of it like this: "yey! it's the build up to 1:10, whee! now we're at 2:15, nice! some downtime at 3:00, oh! let's rock out to 3:22!, now we get to start all over again!".

The FFVII Main Theme is a great theme, but it feels a lot more passive then One Winged Angel. It's one of those themes that sounds great when I hear it, and is obviously a well crafted theme, but it doesn't really grab me. One Winged Angel grabs me. A lot.

BforB

Pro Adventurer
AKA
B
I'd have to disagree with Obs. OWA is fantastic but the Main Theme just makes my heart swell in a way that OWA doesn't, particularly when the percussion kicks in after a slow build up and it all comes to a crashing climax before dying down again... God. My heart. My heart.

Last edited:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I tried really hard to find a .gif of Cloud removing the Shinra helmet during that denouement. My hearrrrt

With the main theme, I actually find it tough to choose between listening to the original soundtrack and and orchestrated version. Whereas with OWA, it's orchestra or bust, and since we're voting for the game track, this was a cinch.

Top Bottom