TLS Ranks FF Songs — Round #1 Poll #11

Of the following songs, which 3 are the best ones?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Woooooo at the halfway mark now! :reptar:

This is Poll #11 of Round 1 of the TLS Ranks FF Songs event! Please, limit yourself to choosing your top three songs from this list.

If you feel you absolutely must vote for a fourth song, you are allowed 1 Joker Card or one extra vote PER ROUND. In order to utilise this “card”, PM either Flare or Fancy your fourth vote or go ahead and state your choice in this thread.

Song Links:
FFX - Ending Theme
FFIX - Steiner's Theme
FFIV - Into the Darkness
FFVII - Can You Hear the Cry of the Planet
FFVIII - Love Grows
FFVII: CC - Why
FFVII: CC - Water's Surface
FFVIII - Ending Theme
FFVIII - Maybe I'm a Lion
FFIX - A Face Unforgotten

Vote, vote, vote!

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
*votes for ‘Water’s Surface’ cuz I feel like it’s been missing in my life* ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Hopefully Love Grows fares better than Eyes on Me. That melody is simply beautiful. An absolute gem of orchestral music, on par with the classical greats.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
As a kid I hated Can You Hear the Cry of the Planet. It was so unsettling and it freaked me out. Now I absolutely love that about it. So that's the first vote.

Next is FFX's Ending theme. That is an incredible piece of music that elevated an already great scene to pure beauty. I can't listen to it without getting goosebumps. "Just, one more thing: the people and friends we have lost ... and the dreams that have faded ... never forget them." :'(

I'm less certain on my third pick, Water's Surface is very good. And I don't dislike Why as a song. But I think I'll give it to A Face Forgotten. I just love Freya.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
  • Ending Theme (X), definitely one of my favorite ending themes in FF. It always makes me emotional.
  • Steiner's Theme, this theme captures Steiner's essence so well, anytime I hear it play his character is right there in my mind. XD I love it!
  • Love Grows, aaaaah I love this song so much <3 I've always been a fan of Julia and this song puts me at ease. It makes me feel comforted; I feel like I'm sitting, cozy, and remembering all the good times. It's... wistful and nostalgic somehow, even making me emotional. When I listen to this, I just find myself hoping that there's still plenty more good times to come in life. I hope to be surrounded by friends as I remember the past.

Honorable mentions go to Can You Hear the Cry of the Planet, and A Face Unforgotten. The former is brilliant and atmospheric, but I think it'll likely do well in the poll without my help. I also love all the themes surrounding Freya, they're all so melancholic, but decided to give my vote to Steiner's theme.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
But FFVIII’s ending theme! It’s like 5 songs in one!

i. Creepy mindscape violin dungeon
ii. Eyes on Me reprise
iii. FF Main Theme, introducing the standard ending to that tune.
iv. Amazing new tune of war and adventure, echoing Liberi Fatali
v. Soft, swelling finale, the only place in VIII where the prelude can be heard (except the game over screen). Game over.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
It's the Eyes on Me reprise that brings it down :monster: But I do really like the unsettling time kompression part.

And it may be the best rendition of the FF Main Theme. But FFX's Ending Theme is still more powerful.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I really enjoyed the VIII ending theme, but X's wins for me. Like Force said, I feel it's more powerful. I think VIII's having like 5 themes in one song is both a strength and a weakness.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Well well, what do we have here?

The titles moving on to the next round are:

• Can You Hear the Cry of the Planet

• Love Grows
  • Why
  • Water’s Surface
  • Ending Theme (FFVIII)
  • Maybe I’m a Lion
  • A Face Unforgotten
:okay:

Ending Theme (FFX), Steiner’s Theme, Into the Darkness all tied for second/third. We already have a solution in place for ties! What is it? Just wait and see… ;)

Thank you everyone who voted!

Top Bottom