TLS Ranks FF Songs — Round #1 Poll #15

Of the following songs, which 3 are the best ones?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I think I already know which ones I’m voting for here… :awesome:

This is Poll #15 of Round 1 of the TLS Ranks FF Songs event! Please, limit yourself to choosing your top three songs from this list.

If you feel you absolutely must vote for a fourth song, you are allowed 1 Joker Card or one extra vote PER ROUND. In order to utilise this “card”, PM either Flare or Fancy your fourth vote or go ahead and state your choice in this thread.

Song Links:

FFXII - Streets of Rabanastre
FFXIV - The Ancient City
FFXII - Rabanastre Downtown
FFXII: TZA - The Forgotten City
FFX - Otherworld
FF: BE - Moment of Recall
FFVII - Electric de Chocobo
FFVIII - The Castle
FFIX - Battle 2
FF: BE - Duel!

Happy voting!

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Weird that both Rabanastre tracks made this poll, despite the Toto reference in the Lowtown one, I'll just go with the Streets.

Battle 2 from IX, almost entirely for that piano intro

And Duel, Exvius' main battle theme is incredible, I encourage people to listen to it if they haven't played Exvius. That song was stuck in my head all the time when I was playing.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
FFXII almost cleaned up this round for me. (Streets of) Rabanastre, so very much yes. I played through FFXII in a cold winter without internet, and that song (and city) made me feel warm and revitalized. My girlfriend at the time (not a gamer) would kind of suffer the noises from the TV throughout that winter, but she always loved it when I was in Lowtown, because, I quote "That music is dope." So Rabanastre Downtown takes the second pick for me, it's almost purely personal.

My last pick was tough, because The Forgotten City is SUCH a great piece of music (until today I hadn't heard TZA version), and while I love The Castle in the piano collections, the harpsichord is not one of my favorite instruments..... but I had to go with Castle in the end, because dat pipe organ.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Okay so my first two votes go for both Rabanastre themes (Lowtown is the shiiiiiit, I love that song), but it's taking me ages to decide the last vote :ffuuu:

OKAY I'VE GOT IT
Last one goes to Battle 2; this is one of the few (maybe only?) standard boss theme music that actually makes me feel scared of what I'm fighting. I've always found this theme to be ominous and like you're in a really bad spot and you'd better hope you're strong enough to live. I love it.

Honorable mentions: Otherworld (I was sooooo close to voting for this as my third spot because I love this theme and I love when it plays during X's intro, god that cutscene, yes <3), and The Forgotten City (extremely atmospheric for the location, I nominated this even!! But alas... ;__; ).

Last edited:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Last one goes to Battle 2; this is one of the few (maybe only?) standard boss theme music that actually makes me feel scared of what I'm fighting. I've always found this theme to be ominous and like you're in a really bad spot and you'd better hope you're strong enough to live. I love it.

That's a really good point. It's a scary song.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Heeeeeere’s the winners of this poll!

The titles moving on to the next round are:

• Streets of Rabanastre
  • Battle 2
  • The Castle

• The Ancient City
  • Rabanastre Downtown
  • The Forgotten City