TLS Ranks FF Songs — Round #1 Poll #16

Of the following songs, which 3 are the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Already on poll 16?! Whaaaaaat

This is Poll #16 of Round 1 of the TLS Ranks FF Songs event! Please, limit yourself to choosing your top three songs from this list.

If you feel you absolutely must vote for a fourth song, you are allowed 1 Joker Card or one extra vote PER ROUND. In order to utilise this “card”, PM either Flare or Fancy your fourth vote or go ahead and state your choice in this thread.

Song Links:

FFXIV - Wayward Daughter
FFXII TZA - The Zodiac Age
FFVII - Turks' theme
FFX - Yuna's Theme
FFXIII - Dust to Dust
FFIX - Run!
FFI - Matoya’s Cave
FFXIII - Lightning's Theme
FFVII - Birth of a God
FFIX - Immoral Melody

Ciao!

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
I haven't said anything about my votes for I am a lazy POS, BUT I JUST HAD TO SAY that I just discovered (for myself anyway) the best thing in Birth of a God (which I voted for of course) which is that bit when the main melody is being played on that sort of bell like thing, going Da da, da da, da da da daaaaaaa, there's this synth double doing almost the same thing BUT in the pauses (indicated by the commas) and in the long note section it does this repeated note that just KICKS MY EARS ASS and it's all like Pa pa - papapa, pa pa - papapa, pa pa pa pa (papapapapapapa) etc.

Yes I counted and I have the correct number of pa's there.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I'm gonne use my wildcard for Matoya's Cave! Uematsu says Tchaikovsky was a big influence and it's very clear here that he understands what's awesome about Tchaikovsky. The melody is so pure, so gentle, and those 8-bit synths seem to sing out! I prefer the Black Mages version, since it's slower and that guitar really sings! I'm more used to that version now, tbh, so the original seems a bit fast, but it's still a great tune. Definitely elevated VG music in my eyes.

My "real" votes were Turks, Birth of a God, and Immoral Melody.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Dust to Dust - great atmospheric song that totally fits Oerba and it's history.

Run! - I so love that piano breakdown in the bridge

Birth of a God - often underappreciated, and just a great battle theme. And Let had that great gif of a puppy dancing to it the last time we did this :monster:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
The Zodiac Age, TZA's ending theme, love the various game's themes weaved together here but I also recognize that's gonna be it's weakness and it'll barely get any votes.
Dust to Dust, such a beautiful, heart aching, wistful song. I've listened to this on repeat many, many times. Captures Oerba well and one of my favorites from XIII.
Run! Was debating between this and Yuna's Theme, but ended up going for this one. I feel like it's the stronger entry by far (I just really like Yuna's Theme), it's got a huge sense of urgency in it and, well, makes you want to run! Run away! o_o

Honorable mentions: Yuna's Theme, Immoral Melody (so good, but I voted for the hyped battle version of this already), Lightning's Theme (very lovely and a bit sad), and Birth of a God. Figured the latter song would make it through regardless of my votes. :P

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Come check out these winners guys!! :ffuuu: Look at theeeeeeem!

The titles moving on to the next round are:

• Birth of a God
  • Immoral Melody
  • Yuna's Theme

• Wayward Daughter
  • The Zodiac Age
  • Turks' theme
  • Dust to Dust
  • Run!
  • Matoya’s Cave
  • Lightning's Theme
:okay: