TLS Ranks FF Songs — Round #1 Poll #3

Of the following songs, which 3 are the best ones?

• Eyes on Me

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Aerith's Theme

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • Melodies of Life

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Vamo Alla Flamenco

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Fisherman's Horizon

• Memoro de la Stono

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Old Wounds

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Freya's Theme

• Answers

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Apologies

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Hello! :reptar:

This is Poll #3 of Round 1 of the TLS Ranks FF Songs event! Please, limit yourself to choosing your top three songs from this list.

If you feel you absolutely must vote for a fourth song, you are allowed 1 Joker Card or one extra vote PER ROUND. In order to utilise this “card”, PM either Flare or Fancy your forth vote.

Song Links:

FF VIII - Eyes on Me
FF VII - Aerith's Theme
FF IX - Melodies of Life
FF IX - Vamo Alla Flamenco
FF VIII - Fisherman's Horizon
FF XI - Memoro de la Stono
FF XIV - Old Wounds
FF IX - Freya's Theme
FF XIV - Answers
FF XIV - Apologies

Oof, all these vocal songs in one poll. Randomiser why. ;_;

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Vamo Alla Flamenco, Fisherman's Horizon, Freya's Theme.

This round was sort of meh for me. I'm not a fan of any vocal tracks in FF and I'm mostly certain that *almost* none of these are going to go far. Except for Aerith's theme, and I didn't waste my vote on it because I'm ten thousand percent sure that one's going to go all the way with or without my vote. :wacky:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Melodies of Life, Fisherman's Horizon, and Answers.
Reasons:

• Melodies of Life is possibly my favorite (and most nostalgic) vocal song in an FF game. I love the lyrics and what it all means to me. <3
  • Fisherman's Horizon, I clicked the link to listen to it and ended up replaying it multiple times before moving on. A clear winner for me, it's a lovely song and I just want to live there.
  • Answers, wasn't originally gonna vote for this, in fact I was planning on going for Vamo Alla Flamenco (because that's a fucking awesome song and deserves to win), but listening to it again and I'm reminded how much I like it. Also helps that I play XIV now. Even better if you watch the 1.0 ending cutscene with this song playing. :P
Honorable mentions to Vamo Alla Flamenco, Aerith's Theme, and Freya's Theme, all great songs I'd be happy to see win as well. I didn't vote for Aerith's theme because, like Howl, I'm like a million percent sure it's going through no matter what XD

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I was away all evening and didn't see this 'til recently, but Fancy answered it here, which I believe covers it all. Sorry for the confusion! I think going forward, if you still want to change your vote @Obsidian Fire then we'll just make a note of that when this poll closes, so everyone can see that it was changed. Hopefully this helps!

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
This was the easiest for me except for choice number 3. Aerith's Theme and Vamo Alla Flamenco are all time faves and then we have Melodies of Life and Freya's Theme which I also love. But Melodies of Life is one of two FF song with vocals that I like (unless we can count Stand By Me) so I had to go with it as much as it saddens me to leave Freya's Theme out. And then there's Answers which is also great and I've seen live, I might change my third vote before the polls closes.

Last edited:

Kingdom Hearts530

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Heart/Sam
Ya'll need to be nicer to songs with vocals! Those are usually my favs :P

Okay so I went Eyes on me cuz that's one of my favorite vocals; Aerith's theme, cuz duh; and Answers cuz that's the song that played when they destroyed 1.0 and I think think that's amazing.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Vocal themes are usually operating with a handicap for me, as I very rarely find them on par with the rest of the soundtrack.

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
memoro is freaking beautiful wtf, why is it so low : (

i don't want to be the edgy one and scream "AERITH'S THEME IS OVERRATED" or "HER THEME IS SO BAD WYD" but i rather do not like her theme. it's not that good. a classic for sure though. and yes, i do dislike aerith but i didn't like it even before i knew it was hers. and i don't like the VII theme as well, at least not the first half.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
This poll's closed now, and here's the results!

The titles moving on to the next round:

Aerith’s Theme
Vamo Alla Flamenco
Melodies of Life

• Eyes on Me
  • Fisherman’s Horizon
  • Memoro de la Stono
  • Old Wounds
  • Freya’s Theme
  • Answers
  • Apologies
:okay: