• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

TLS Ranks FF Songs — Round #1 Poll #7

Of the following songs, which 3 are the best ones?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Here's another set of polls! ;)

This is Poll #7 of Round 1 of the TLS Ranks FF Songs event! Please, limit yourself to choosing your top three songs from this list.

If you feel you absolutely must vote for a fourth song, you are allowed 1 Joker Card or one extra vote PER ROUND. In order to utilise this “card”, PM either Flare or Fancy your forth vote.

Song Links:

FFVI - Aria de Mezzo Carattere
FFVII - Prelude
FFVII - Shinra Inc.
FFVIII - The Extreme
FFVI - Coin of Fate
FFVII: BC - Elfe's Theme
FFIX - You're Not Alone
FFVI - The Veldt
FFIX - Vivi's Theme
FFXIV - Moebius

Happy voting!

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Aria de Mezzo Carattere and The Veldt were locks. You're Not Alone inched out Coin of Fate after much deliberation.

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
Shinra (hooollyyyy shit one of my favourites!), You're Not Alone! (another massive favourite) and Vivi cos damn <3

Kingdom Hearts530

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Heart/Sam
Okay so I went with Prelude (since because of the rhythm game I've basically memorized this song), You're Not Alone (because I can *still* hear the awesome version with lyrics in head), and Theme of Elfie (cuz I'm a compilation whore)

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I voted for~
  • The Extreme, I've always liked this boss theme, nice intro that builds up into the fight.
  • You're Not Alone, only one of my most favorite FF songs ever. Nostalgia coupled with an excellent music piece and my god, the scenes when it plays? It has so much meaning in it.
  • Vivi's Theme, this theme suits Vivi so much. Just listening is enough to give me the whole IX intro. :lol: It's amazing. <3
Honorable mentions: Honestly I like all the songs in this poll. I'm surprised by how good Elfe's Theme is and was tempted to vote for it but felt my votes would be better elsewhere. :( Moebius, Shinra Inc, Prelude, and Aria are all good in their own rights as well.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Elfe's Theme, You're Not Alone!, and Mobius.

I have to admit, I did feel like trolling when I was putting together the nominations and almost put in all the FFXIV Alexander themes (Metal, Locus, Exponential Entropy, Rise, etc.)...

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^I was tempted to nominate one or two of those Alexander themes myself. XD I'll admit, if Rise was in the polls, I think I would've had to have voted for it. :awesome:

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Lol, yeah. However, all of those songs have lyrics, and I know how a lot of people on the forums think about that FF songs that have lyrics (as opposed to ambient choir). So Mobius it was; it at least had parts of Metal and Locus in it.

I do think it's funny how most Final Fantasy games don't have songs with lyrics in them unless the song is "important" to the story (mostly likely a result of MIDI technology back in the day). And then you get to Final Fantasy XIV and most of the songs everyone thinks are good have lyrics in them. It's probably one of the easiest tells that the main FFXIV composer is not Umetsu.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
This one was hard because it contains some of my top all-time faves. I remember burning CDs of the FF7 OST and just listening to Shinra Inc. on repeat walking down the halls of my highschool. The Extreme is tied with OWA for my favorite final boss themes, and Vivi's Theme is so so so so so good. I figured You're Not Alone would get enough votes without my help (glad to see I was right) so those were my three.

This was tough. Shinra, Inc. was a definite. My other votes went to The Veldt and Vivi's Theme. You're Not Alone is a favorite of mine, but I'm sure there'll be another chance to vote for it later. I like Aria de Mezzo Carattere a lot, too, and I almost chose it over Vivi's Theme (and if it was the FFVI opera as a whole it would've been a definite).

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
My mind was totally blown when Vagrant told me Aria uses parts of Aerith's Theme... or rather.. vise versa... :closedmonster:

Still voted for it though

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Prelude VII, and two of my favorite IX songs You're Not Alone and Vivi's Theme.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Heeeeeeere’s the results!

The titles moving on to the next round are:

• You’re Not Alone
  • Vivi’s Theme
  • Prelude

• Aria de Mezzo Carattere
  • Shinra Inc.
  • The Extreme