• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

TLS Ranks FF Songs — Round #3 Poll #12

WHICH'EM??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ghost X

Rose of May is such a complex song suiting a complex character. Doesn't surprise me that a lot of it is in a minor chord, which tends to make songs sound a little off, like (in this instance) not all is all right with Beatrix. It is a joy to try deconstruct the song and what I think it symbolises in regards to said character.

Vamo Alla Flamenco has less going for it. Doesn't seem as complex, and doesn't pull on the heart strings as much, imo.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Rose of May.

It's a great song for a type of character you don't see much of in fiction.

Vama Alla Flamenco... to be honest... If I didn't know better, there's nothing in it that sounds like it's from a Final Fantasy game. It's a great example of Spanish music, but that's part of the problem with it. It sounds too similar to a pre-existing music style for it to do much for me.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Rose of May was the clear winner here. Vamo Alla Flamenco is a fun song and a joy to listen to while playing chocobo hot and cold, but the song itself doesn't compare very well to Rose of May. I love what Ghost had to say about it, very nice observation of the song that I honestly hadn't thought of!

I like them both, but this was still an easy choice for me - Rose of May. Playing FFIX back in high school was what got me more into video game music in general, and it was this song that really got my attention. Like, I even tracked down the piano collections sheet music and tried going through it (a big deal for me at the time, since I had quit piano lessons a couple years earlier because I could never get the motivation to practice).

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Damn. I have always really liked Vamo alla Flamenco, and I loved the minigame that went with it (the sword fight, not Chocobo Hot n Cold). But yeah, it's not really a match for Rose of May.

Top Bottom