• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

TLS Ranks FF Songs — Round #3 Poll #15

Which song deserves to win?!?!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ghost X

Chose Jenova Absolute, which is more of a reflection for how disappointed I was in Dark Messenger. I'll set the scene: I'm a huge fan of the other Kuja themes, up there in my FF faves, but I remember playing FFIX, reaching Trance Kuja for the first time, and expecting a mindblowing song, as I had really enjoyed FFVII and FFVIII's final boss music. The music starts with the usual Kuja leitmotif, and acts like it is gonna build up to something... and then it becomes a weird jazzy-rock number??? And then I realise he's not even the final boss!

:closedmonster:

Last edited:

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
Jenova Absolute. Not only is it hella badass sounding and not far off something I'd actively choose to listen to, I have a real thing against churches so the organ in Dark Messenger is a realllll turn off for me. And I agree with Ghost, I was disappointed. I wanted something more when I was busy kicking Kuja's butt.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I love Dark Messenger, but JENOVA Absolute has that bangin’ 6/4 time signature and brass orchestra that feels like a progression — a maturation — of Those Who Fight. Compositionally it’s really simple and repetitive, but that’s because it’s the first of a three-boss gamot that ends with OWA. Uematsu has to keep that build going across 3 songs! Amazing. My only beef is that it doesn’t sound anything like JENOVA or use any of its phrases or melodies, whereas Dark Messenger is the definitive finale for Kuja’s theme, jazz organ and all.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Dark Messenger was my vote. Jenova Absolute isn't bad, but it doesn't impress me very well. I wouldn't say Dark Messenger is the best boss theme either, but I love the 'jazzy-rock number' it turns into. :awesome:

Top Bottom