• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

TLS Store...Actually...Maybe?

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
^ TBH, the prices on that site are a smidge too high. I really want the Nanaki shirt but can't bring myself to buy it. :lol:

I'll look at different options for clothing stores today.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
As far as international shipping goes, it depends on weight more than anything, so I can't be sure until I check it out myself when I have my own stuff already packaged and ready to ship, seems like. :wacky: However, if you could mail something in an envelope or a flat mailer perhaps, then it'll probably be cheaper? I've sent letters to Australia before for a friend, and it was only about $2.00 or so.
In that case, you might have to raise the cost of the item of international shipping to cover shipping costs better.

Pixel

The Pixie King
I checked out Zazzle. They wouldnt be cheaper, unless you want the design printed on a basic white shirt. Different styles are available for more money, about same price as Redbubble. Its confuzing.

Threadless pick what designs they want to sell, no nope.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Maybe...aside from shirts, what's another unisex, sizeless clothing article that people frequently use? (I.e. scarves.)

I don't really mind investing in materials (such as block printing stuff) so long as I can use the materials for other projects. I wouldn't invest in a stack of shirts because everyone wears different sizes, people like different styles (scoop neck/v-neck) etc. Of course, I won't be able to pay for another project 'till 'round Christmas time so I'm sticking with keychains for now. :wacky:

Starling

Pro Adventurer
All I've got for other articles of clothing would be adjustable hats, headbands, bandannas etc. There're also little things besides key-chains like pins, bracelets, necklaces or little decorations, like small sculptures. Is fan stuff more acceptable if done on commission? I'm mostly just throwing around more ideas to think about.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
^ I think the stickers might actually be rather popular. They'd make nice decals too. :D

Sooooo my silicone molds arrived today and they're about the size of my thumbnail. /ebayfail
Maybe I'll find something just as good at Home Depot tomorrow.

^ I think the stickers might actually be rather popular. They'd make nice decals too. :D

Sooooo my silicone molds arrived today and they're about the size of my thumbnail. /ebayfail
Maybe I'll find something just as good at Home Depot tomorrow.

Have you tried the Bulk Barn?

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Okay this is blowing up in my face. :wacky:
I think I bought a wonky batch of epoxy yesterday. Heat is supposed to accelerate the cure time (It's 105+ degrees here every day, so it should activate and cure) and mine won't even mix; it has the consistency of water (supposed to be thick like honey).

I'm determined to make this work. :monster:

I guess I'll need another week or so to get started. I need to buy new silicone molds anyway. :wacky:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
That epoxy does sound deffective, maybe you should exchange it for another batch. Did you buy it at the store or online? I've never used the stuff myself, so that's my only professional opinion that I can give you. :monster:

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
I got it at the store; it was too expensive to risk buying online.
The side of the box says (c) 2013. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. :wacky:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Should still be good if stored in vacuum / airtight seal. Maybe it's too warm though? As in, needs to be mixed at regular room temperatures, cure fasterer at higher temperatures? I know nothing, :monster:

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
There is literally no place I can go that isn't scorching hot right now. I mean I could sit in my car and blast the AC while mixing resin but I can't afford to lose any more brain cells right now. :monster:
I even tried setting the cup in a bowl of ice water while I stirred it. Wonky batch is all. :D

I'm just making some test beads right now with some paints I gots.
03030303%201%20of%201.jpg

I'll probably end up chucking these off of my balcony to see if they're sturdy enough.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Try not to kill anybody :monster:

About how big are they?

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Well I bought that heart mold thing without checking the measurements so these beads are like the size of my thumbnail. XD

I already found some larger ones on ebay; just waiting for the store owner to reply to my offer. ^.^

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Sounds super cute.

I wish I lived nearby so we could get together and make a huge arty mess, get a workshop going :lol:

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Go right ahead because I have no idea how I'll be sending these things international without breaking the bank. :monster:

And I'm 100% on board with making a workshop together. I feel like we're cosmic-kin. :monster:

Pixel

The Pixie King
You should make materia. I'm not sure what you could make them out of. You could even make a white materia hair pin. With an LED inside. lol maybe not. It could be cool to have a set of materia that give off light though :P

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
^ You genyusssssss.
I've seen some tutorials on youtube 'bout how to insert LED lights into resin. That would be pretty radical. I'll search for some spherical molds. How long do LED lights last, anyway? I could try going with glow in the dark stuff too.

Pixel

The Pixie King
Just make sure they have that opaque, opalescent look, rater than cheap platiccy crap, and you'll be fine

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Actually.....will poste pictuars later...
I bought new resin last night and it was a success. PLUS my beads actually came out of the mold looking rather matte.

I imagine that if materia were real, it would look very much like gemstones or...good grief...I've forgotten the name of this stuff:

fb7cd501f9bb07f509e21ed7aacb9527.jpg

crystal.jpg

Pixel

The Pixie King
Yeah, but I don't know if something looking like that would have a market when advertised as materia. Either the advent children look, or something like this, with little tiny air bubbles, or flecks of something to catch the light
Glass%20Orbs%200000510_zpsmxfewfzb.png

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
^ Oh wow. Easy as pie.

The only problem I'm going to run into with this is the cost of resin. It's about $25 for 32 oz. Materia orbs are sort of large. I think I'd use about 6 oz just to make one orb.
I definitely want to do this now that you've mentioned it but they'll be more costly. :|

If business starts booming (*hopes*) I can buy supplies in bulk and save some monies on production stuffs.

Top Bottom