• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

TLS Store...Actually...Maybe?

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I don't really know a thing about resin, but for flecks of light, could you use some plain/white glitter? And as for a LED light, what about leaving a space for the light to be inserted after the resin cures, and that way when the light goes out you can just insert a new one?

Love the materia idea~

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
It might also work to create or find some sort of stand that can hold the LED light under the materia orb and illuminate it from below...?

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Oh, that could work too, like those glass sculptures that you set on a lighted pedestal that changes color? Maybe something like that, if the materia is made out of resin light should come through it easy.

Pixel

The Pixie King
Well, I guess start off with just the orbs. And if they sell, look into light up ones.

The white materia it a bit smaller(less resin), so you could start with that. It would probably be the biggest seller. Get the look of that right, and you're on to a winner.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
I already found a spherical ice mold that I think will work perfectly:

61kBPmBFtSL._SY355_.jpg

I'm on it. :monster:

EDIT: Flare, I could also get a LED light that changes from red/green/purple, etc to turn it into the different sorts of materia...in that case I'd only have to make a clear/white orb.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
EDIT: Flare, I could also get a LED light that changes from red/green/purple, etc to turn it into the different sorts of materia...in that case I'd only have to make a clear/white orb.

I would buy the crystal if it came with a stand or soemthing, with the led shining from below? I'd get blue green yellow red and purple led lights too! Take my money!!!

... What's the diameter of those ice molds? I assume somewhere between child's marble and fist?

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
They're 1.7 inches in diameter...I'm looking for something slightly larger though. XD

EDIT: It seems like materia is a lot more popular than keychains. XD

Pixel

The Pixie King
1.7 might be good for white materia. You could end up just having to make your own cast moulds

Starling

Pro Adventurer
It reminds me of my big, ocean blue marbles. I don't think they really make a lot of marbles that size in the right colors and even if they did, I wouldn't expect them to be that easy to find.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Akdjsfkajd!
Well then that's easier because the 1.7" ones are more affordable. :lol:

I'll order the molds today when I get home. Hopefully I'll get them by the weekend.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
I'll just get various sizes. :monster:
Now, to figure out which paints to use...

...And to find some LED lights....

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I prefer 2.5 (think Buster sword) but I'll do 1.7 if that's community consensus.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Are there any other pics for reference of materia? From Last Order, ACC, Crisis Core, etc.?

What about the Huge Materia?

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
I have lots of paint already. Some of them are special effects paints. I also have liquid fabric dye I could try. I think I'll need to experiment. :wacky: I also have some mica paste.

For the beads I made last night, I used blue acrylic and it worked great.

Found this on Google:
ma_led2-22.jpg

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
What about those pebeo paints you mentioned to me before? Do you think those would work?
Here's some white materia:
Materia.jpg
ACC materia:
Advent_Children_Materia_Orb.jpg
Huge materia:
HugeMateria-ffvii-field-blue.png
Also, these were on Etsy, apparently:
Final_Fantasy_VII_Materia.jpg

I'm really excited about this. :awesome: I can't wait to see what you make, Howl! Also, different sizes for different products; you could use the medium sized ones for display, small ball molds for, perhaps, keychain materia? The big molds mentioned before could always be used for Christmas ornaments.... if you could make them lightweight, of course. Have no idea, but just some thoughts if this takes off.

This thread should be renamed 'Howl's adventure with resin'. XD

Last edited:

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
^HEY, those are nice. :D

I saw those materia on a Google search. Apparently the Etsy artist made a few then sold out. I'm vurry impressed.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
Are there any other pics for reference of materia? From Last Order, ACC, Crisis Core, etc.?

What about the Huge Materia?
Summon_materia.png

VIICC_Summon_Materia.jpg

crisis-core-final-fantasy-vii-20080313075301504-000.jpg

goddess-materia.jpg

Goddess_Materia.jpg

Materia.jpg

180px-FFVII_Holy.jpg

black-materia.jpg

Whenever I see this image, I can't help but wonder how the hell Cloud's hand passes through the crystal Sephiroth is in.

Yuffie-Crisis-Core-materia.jpg

MateriaAC.JPG

Kadaj-absorbing-a-Materia-FFVIIAC.jpg

DoC_Protomateria.jpg

21-Image23.jpg

DirgeofCerberus57.jpg

BgHzADv.png

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
^ Welp, I think that definitely calls for LED lights. ALL of those are glowing. XD

Thank you for finding those, Starling. ^.^

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
What you could probably do is take solid coloured marbles, bake them, put them in an ice bath to make them crack, giving them a shattering/shimmering effect.

fried-marble-necklaces-200X200.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom