• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

TLS Update: "Franchise Guide" Published

Some of you may have noticed a changing list of links under "Content Information" in the left sidebar of the TLS front page.

Although Canon of FFVII and Guide Book Translations were highlighted in the Front Page Project thread, I'd like to give some extra attention to the recently published Franchise Guide.

This franchise guide is written so that even newcomers can get a clear picture of the full scope of the titles that make up the official FFVII lore, canon and non-canon, as well as the many music albums, guide books & products related to it.

The page is a work in progress ergo why it shows examples of features yet to be; a list of Crossovers/Cameos, Music Albums (OSTs and Remixes) and relevant books. In the case of the latter two it would be especially great if these sections included links to where on the net you are most likely able to find and purchase these products.

Prince Lex has been hard at work making entries for the "Compilation of FFVII" section. These are non-spoilerish pages about the Final Fantasy VII titles, meant to give some background, release info etc. They exist in contrast to the pages with spoiler content (see FFVII - The Original Game or Advent Children )

Prince Lex's efforts provide me with hope for the future of TLS. YOU can help out too. Would you like to write the list to all FFVII soundtracks? Or maybe the books? Or an overview of all crossovers/cameos? Just message me and we can discuss how these pages might look like in the end. =)

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Not on a computer so it's not convenient to type. But I can see a couple of places in the AC article that need corrections regarding the Japanese releases (Last Order's availability, and the FFXIII demo).

To briefly sum it up
- Last Order was only included with the Advent Pieces box set, on the extras disk. It was absent from the standard edition.
- The FFXIII/Fabula Nova Crystalis content for ACC was only included with the 'FFXIII Trial Edition' (I think it was called) of ACC, and not the regular edition.

Actually, that's about it.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
One more thing:

A Japanese device which transfers UMD disc data to the Playstation Vita was made commercially available in Japan, but was never released elsewhere. This makes it possible to play Crisis Core on the Vita.
Do you have any information on this?

I only know of the 'UMD Passport', which is an application you install onto your PSP. You used this to register the UMD you currently have in the system to your PSN account, which gives you the possibility to purchase the download version at a reduced price. This is only available in Japan, IIRC.

Here's Trick x Logic Season 2 because it was the first link:
http://www.jp.playstation.com/software/title/jp9000npjg00125_000000000000s00000.html

Those blue icons near the bottom of the page mean that it's compatible with the Vita and the UMD Passport. If you register the UMD version on your account, you can get the downloaded version for 500¥ instead of the 2380¥ it normally sells for.

The trouble with Crisis Core is that there was never a download version, which means that registering it wouldn't really do anything. There's nothing for you to download after you did. Its information on the site doesn't show the logos for either UMD Passport or Vita Compatibly.

I didn't see anything about a specific device to transfer data, which seems a bit unlikely if they are trying to sell people the same titles again to play on the Vita.

Also, to give more info for the other stuff:

- The regular edition (and first press edition) of AC in Japan only had Reminiscence, trailer for AC, and trailers for the other Compilation titles. The only way to legitimately get Last Order in Japan was by getting the 'Advent Pieces: Limited' box set, which was a limited edition but included the staff audio commentary on the main disk (in addition to what the regular edition had), a bonus disk with had Last Order among other extras (making of, the Venice Film Festival version, all the past AC trailers), and other extras (a special edition design of FFVII International, Cloud and Fenrir figures, replica of the script, and an original cap, T shirt and keyring). Unless you imported the US collector's box set (which would be a lot cheaper than Advent Pieces was), that was the only place you'd be able to get it.

- The FFXIII content with ACC was only with the first press edition of the film with included an extra disk, which is also the copy you got if you bought the 'Cloud Black' ACC/PS3 bundle.

edit;
- also the OVA with ACC's official title is 'Episode Denzel'. 'Case of ~' has only ever been used one for On The Way To A Smile (in the AC Prologue book, which featured 'Case of Denzel' and 'Case of Tifa'). Since the publication of the full novel, it was changed to 'Episode [Denzel/Tifa/Barret/etc.]' which is what the OVA uses as well.

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
Cheers for the info Hito, I'll update it next chance I get.

With regard to the transfer device - I can't remember where I read that but again will need to search for it when I've got time. It's different from Vita passport, that much I know. IIRC it's hardware that does a data transfer and it was JPN only, but I could be misremembering.

Lex

Administrator
Just getting around to updating these articles, still need to add an online section to the DoC page.

Just to let you know Shademp, member Guisado let us know on TLS chat that the Franchise Guide index page - Soundtrack Compendium section is missing two albums:

Advent Children Reunion Tracks
Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII Multiplayer Mode Original Sound Collections.

I didn't want to go ahead and update that index section without chatting to you about it first. Do you have someone writing pages for all of these already?

I didn't want to go ahead and update that index section without chatting to you about it first. Do you have someone writing pages for all of these already?
Nope. Nobody, other than you, have volunteered to write sections for the Franchise Guide.

*Added two music album names to Franchise guide*

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
OK, well after I've polished off the articles I'll maybe volunteer for a few more, if I can't coax other people into doing some XD.

Also, did you want me to write the page for the snowboarding game? It's the only thing in that section I haven't written and Guisado made the best image that reminded me of it the other day. I might ask his permission to use it in the article if I'm writing it since there isn't really an official "box art".

Also, did you want me to write the page for the snowboarding game? It's the only thing in that section I haven't written and Guisado made the best image that reminded me of it the other day. I might ask his permission to use it in the article if I'm writing it since there isn't really an official "box art".
If you wish you can write a section on it. There are some images of the game to be found on the official JP Before Crisis site. Click on the tag in the middle of the site and you'll get to the pictures.

Seems like it was released in Japan in 2008.

Reviews of the american rendition released in 2005.
April 5th
March 10th.

So if you desire, look up more info and find out when and where this has been released. Last time I checked nobody had a rom of this cell phone game. =/

Last edited:
Top Bottom