• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

TLS Virtual Big Meet Up

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Edited for posterity an' shit:

30th January 2021 from 4pm GMT - the TLS Big Meet *snigger*

Get your arse on Discord, we're having Shenanigans! Drinking is optional, there won't be drinking games per se as it's more of a social thing. There will be a pub quiz and scavenger hunt (with prizes for both so get in loser, we're going quizzing). Jackbox is a popular option if anyone fancies it.
There will be a dedicated thread on TLS to go alongside the hijinks so if anyone needs a more SFW version, we got you covered.

Keep watching this post for updates as I think of 'em! :monster:

EDIT: The scavenger hunt is now live for participation, good hunting! https://thelifestream.net/forums/threads/scavenger-hunt.22910/
----------------------------------------------------------
Original post below:

Right, I've missed you fucks and since the weekender went pear-shaped cos of the rona, I had kind of an idea that we could organise an online gathering (if you saw my FB poast, I'm sorry, lol. It wasn't aimed at TLSers). A few of the fine folks here have indicated they're up for it so who's in?
Drinking is entirely optional, we can do the usual party games, catch-ups with actual hooman voices and I was thinking of a scavenger hunt for shits and giggles.

I know it's been difficult for everyone being so restricted in movement (I haven't seen my folks in a year and a half now), and connecting online doesn't quite hit the same but we ain't got many options in that regard. I'm flexible on dates, as is His Infernal Yopness, so if anyone wants to nominate a date, I'm all for it but provisionally I'm thinking last weekend in January, so that's Saturday the 30th. N00bs, don't feel like you're not welcome, anyone who's a member here is.

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I'm down! I dunno if you've already thought of platform and everything, but I went to a virtual New Year's Eve party that used a cool platform I had never seen before.

https://topia.io/

You control an avatar an walk around a room that hte hoster designs (from prebuilt objects). As you walk around the room, video and audio of the people you approach fade in and out, which is a great a solution to the whole Zoom thing where really only one person can talk at a time.
This party also involved specific areas such as a "game table." You would approach and then click on it which took you to a link to a zoom call in which people were playing Jackbox games. Another area was playing music when you approached and people were dancing on their cameras, haha. Another area was a bar that was playing a pre-recorded video of some friends of ours making cocktails that you could follow along with.

It was really cool, and it seems like under a certain 25 people they may not charge, however I know my friends definitely did pay so I'm not sure if some of the features might not work on the free version. Also, it might be few enough people at any one time due to time zones and shit that Discord or Zoom would work for us anyway. But, something to consider :monster:

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
421.gif

abigail

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Abbie
if timezones are an issue. its wouldnt be the first video call that had so many people coming and going it went on for... many hours.

someone had a paid zoom acct and passed the host duty to someone that could let their pc idle while they slept for work. so people could come and go from nye and jan 1st. for hours and hours. so people from diff times could pop in when they were awake

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I'm down! I dunno if you've already thought of platform and everything, but I went to a virtual New Year's Eve party that used a cool platform I had never seen before.

https://topia.io/

You control an avatar an walk around a room that hte hoster designs (from prebuilt objects). As you walk around the room, video and audio of the people you approach fade in and out, which is a great a solution to the whole Zoom thing where really only one person can talk at a time.
This party also involved specific areas such as a "game table." You would approach and then click on it which took you to a link to a zoom call in which people were playing Jackbox games. Another area was playing music when you approached and people were dancing on their cameras, haha. Another area was a bar that was playing a pre-recorded video of some friends of ours making cocktails that you could follow along with.

It was really cool, and it seems like under a certain 25 people they may not charge, however I know my friends definitely did pay so I'm not sure if some of the features might not work on the free version. Also, it might be few enough people at any one time due to time zones and shit that Discord or Zoom would work for us anyway. But, something to consider :monster:

That sounds neat, I like the idea of that.

Lex

Administrator
I reckon it will probably be on discord since we already have it up and running and it works fine with multiple folk on at the same time.

Yeah we have bots that can play music requests and such, it's ideal :monster:

Top Bottom