• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

TLS WEEKENDER 2018

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Well at least for me the later it is during this end of July to start of September window the more money I can have saved up for this.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I wouldn't mind a rando weekend in August like last year. That's hopefully suit most people.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I wouldn't mind August either.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
For me doing a weekender and KC back-to-back is a bit ehhh, it's a lot of traveling and vacation time to be using up. Actually I should check how much I have left there :monster:. But yeah, I think I'd prefer them to be at least a month and a half or so apart and / or the two events being back-to-back.

Ooooor I should just take a sabattical from work and cause trouble in the UK for a while :monster:

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Look the last time you did that we broke Scafell Pike and there may have been an Incident at a theme park. Not to mention copious amounts of alcohol and some shockingly piss-poor map reading. :monster:

Fuck it, let's do it again. :D

Anyway the other consideration is cost because people just love to jack up prices during the school holidays, and bank holidays are even worse (though to be fair we got a good deal on the lodge last year but the kitchen was fucking grim).

If the availability is there, we're looking at around £20 pppn accommodation again, we could do a Monday to Friday (I'm looking at the 6th-10th August ATM, which puts us a month before KupoCon). I mean it's gonna be around £100 per person but that's for sole use, no-one else will be using it (hence wanting to book early this time).

OFC I'm basing this on ten of us, the place I've got in mind can host up to sixteen people.

Lex

Administrator
That's a good time for me I think. Although worth considering before we pull the trigger on anything: does anyone want to visit other parts of Scotland while they're here? With Glencoe as a base everything is in theory within day-trip distance but if people wanted to spend the last few days of their holiday in/ near the two major cities for sightseeing etc. we could consider that?

Also people flying in try to land relatively early in the day. Doesn't have to be super early I'm just thinking for everyone to meet and drive up together we should all try to leave so we get there at a similar time. My car has space for me + 4 (and all your luggage) so if you can find a good deal to a Scottish airport I can do pickups (but please aim for Glasgow International :D)

Last edited:

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
I was actually planning on going to Scotland this summer anyway cos I have people up there but like ... I might just stay a bit longer after y'all have gone and go see them? Like I don't wanna be all let's go to Crieff cos although my god mum's awesome, y'all don't love her like I do. So what I'm saying is, I have no preference what we do or where we go :lol:

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
L has offered to do tour guide duties in Edinburgh for a day and has nominated a day of debauched shenanigans which may involve dungeons, lapdancing, cocktails and karaoke. He also pointed out that prices will go up substantially in August because of the Fringe (OFC this isn't so much of an issue outside of everywhere there are Fringe events). He also found a Travelodge we can stop at for a night for around £20 per room (it jumps to over £80 in August) so everyone would have a bit more privacy, so I'm thinking making our last night there if everyone's interested?
OFC this depends on whether everyone's cool with bringing it forward by two and a half weeks.

Lex

Administrator
I have a hen night the weekend of the 7th July so I think that's the only weekend in that timeframe I can't do, rest of July should be fine :)

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
My birthday is July 20th

Not that that interferes with anything. Just giving you guys plenty of time to plan my surprise party.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Right, just did a quick double check and if we can get the barn for Monday 23rd July, we'd be stopping over in Edinburgh on Friday 27th and heading home on the Saturday. Gonna need confirms on who's up for it pretty soon to get the rates that I'm looking at.
The Travelodge is just out of Edinburgh and is £28 per double/twin room.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Might have to rule myself out if it's during the week. My days are really stretched thin right now and I still have things to book. I could only do a weekend: going up on a Friday evening and back home Sunday. :closedmonster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Eh, might as well, I need a proper summer vacation and shit :monster:.

How much is the barn? Wait is it an actual barn or are there like, beds and shit there?

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Eh, might as well, I need a proper summer vacation and shit :monster:.

How much is the barn? Wait is it an actual barn or are there like, beds and shit there?

There's a shoggoth pit just for you. :monster:

It's a converted barn with bunk beds in each room (three bedrooms), this one actually has a kitchen big enough for everyone to sit in for dinner. :awesome:
Price depends on booking period and duration. It's never as easy as X, Y, Z, is it?

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
I'm glad you did, I've been meh about a lot of stuff lately and forgot. :monster:

Show of hands pl0x? How many are coming?

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
raise-hand-gif-3.gif

Top Bottom