• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

TMNT Ongoing [IDW]

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Sooooo.... I have literally NOTHING but the best things to say about everything in IDW's ongoing TMNT series. They're the coolest versions of the Turtles. The connected Turtles in Time & TMNT: Microseries that interconnect to them are just fucking fantastic. It's through issue 39 right now, ALL of them are worth reading. If there's one series that I can stand by that I'm consistently never disappointed by, it's this one.

Change is Constant
• TMNT #1
• TMNT #2
• TMNT #3
• TMNT #4

Enemies Old, Enemies New
• TMNT #5
• Microseries #1: Raphael
• Microseries #2: Michelangelo
• TMNT #6
• Microseries #3: Donatello
• TMNT #7
• TMNT #8

Shadows of the Past
• Microseries #4: Leonardo
• TMNT #9
• TMNT #10
• Microseries #5: Splinter
• TMNT #11
• TMNT #12

Sins of the Fathers & Blood Brothers
• Microseries #6: Casey Jones
• TMNT #13
• TMNT #14
• TMNT Annual 2012
• Microseries #7: April
• TMNT #15
• TMNT #16

Krang War
• TMNT Microseries #8: Fugitoid
• TMNT #17
• TMNT #18
• TMNT #19
• TMNT #20
• Villains Microseries #1: Krang
• Villains Microseries #2: Baxter Stockman

The Secret History of the Foot Clan
• The Secret History of the Foot Clan #1
• The Secret History of the Foot Clan #2
• The Secret History of the Foot Clan #3
• The Secret History of the Foot Clan #4

City Fall
• TMNT #21
• Villains Microseries #4: Alopex
• TMNT #22
• Villains Microseries #3: Old Hob
• TMNT #23
• TMNT #24
• Villains Microseries #5: Karai
• TMNT #25
• Villains Microseries #6: Hun
• TMNT #26
• Villains Microseries #7: Bebop & Rocksteady
• TMNT #27
• TMNT #28
• Villains Microseries #8: Shredder

Utrom Empire & Northampton
• TMNT #29
• TMNT: Utrom Empire #1
• TMNT #30
• TMNT #31
• TMNT #32
• Utrom Empire #3

Monsters, Misfits & Madmen
• TMNT Annual 2014
• TMNT #33
• TMNT #34
• TMNT #35
• TMNT #36

New Mutant Order & Turtles In Time
• TMNT #37
• Turtles in Time #1
• Turtles in Time #2
• Turtles in Time #3
• Turtles in Time #4
• TMNT #38
• TMNT #39
• TMNT #40

TMNT/Ghostbusters
• TMNT/Ghostbusters #1
• TMNT/Ghostbusters #2
• TMNT/Ghostbusters #3
• TMNT/Ghostbusters #4

Attack On Technodrome
• TMNT #41
• TMNT #42
• TMNT #43
• TMNT #44

Update via: http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-idw-tmnt-continuity-timeline.html

X :neo:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Sooo, this week was just an enormous brawl between the mutants & Bebop & Rocksteady,
After Turtles in Time revealed a future where Donatello was the only Turtle left alive and old and part of another resistance, it's been wearing on him. He's slowly connecting to that aspect of his personality and analyzing things from a distance rather than wantonly engaging in combat with the others. Most recently, he's been worry about the impending threat of the Technodrome & Krang to the world at large, whereas everyone else is focused on the revenge against the Shredder and the Foot clan.

This comes full circle on the epilogue where - as everyone else just finishes getting the shit kicked out of them by Bebop & Rocksteady, ending in a standstill... Donatello is acting in secret and using Metalhead as a proxy to meet with Shredder and the entire Foot clan to try to get them to side against the Krang, because he believes that the worlds depend on it.

Holy fuck. So excited for the next part - which is "Attack on Technodrome"

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
And that's totally not a play on "Attack on Titan." :monster:

You make me want to read this now. :closedmonster:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
The start of "Attack on Technodrome" is fucking amazing. Additionally, Ghost Busters & TMNT is really good so far. (really slow at reading comics this week).

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Attack on Technodrome is under way, and some BIG showdowns are staring each other down, the plans are bigger than anticipated and Baxter Stockman is still a massive cunt.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Well fuck. That was one hell of a cliffhanger to leave this issue on, and with it wrapping up the Attack on Technodrome arc next issue, I have no idea how all of this is gonna play out, and I think that we could be suffering some potential series injuries, if not fatalities.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
So fucking gutted right now.
I was not prepared for this.
100% emotionally compromised.
Lots & lots of tears.

They stopped Krang from fully terraforming Earth, with the exception of Bunrow Island. Fugitoid takes Krang captive back to Dimension X. Stockman escaped and saved Shredder. Alopex & Nobody manage to step in with Splinter and get Karai to retreat, but Donatello & Metalhead didn't have a chance against Bebop & Rocksteady - who were ordered to kill Donatello for double-crossing Shredder... and they do, and it's fucking BRUTAL. They ripped off Metalhead's arm and throw him away like a toy & then beat Donatello to death and kill him when Rocksteady shatters his shell open with a sledgehammer while Harold is left to watch helplessly through Metalhead's eyes. The final panel is everyone in tears finding their fallen brother.

I made a little compilation of all 10 pages from issues 42, 43, & 44 on my tumblr, 'cause I wanted ta read them straight through: http://xsoldier.tumblr.com/post/114007644960/spoilers-from-tmnt-42-43-44-i-just

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Okay so spoilers have been all over my Facebook feed.

I haven't been reading this but ugh, that's so sad. :sadpanda:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
You can probably thank IGN for putting it in the title of their article about it and spoiling it for a ton of people for it getting a lot of immediate attention across the rest of the internets. No lie - I still love the everliving hell out of this comic, and all of the build-up that lead up to it was phenomenally well done, and it's the biggest emotional gut-punch I've ever taken from a comic book. Hell -- I still haven't even read any of the other 7 comics I picked up this week, because I'm still just reeling from this issue.

I still can't recommend the series highly enough, and they're building up towards a big double-issue and end of an arc with #50 that I can't wait to see play out, but man...

Also - thanks for dropping into this thread so that I'm not all alone with my shattered feels, Tenny. :3

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Oh but if course. No one should be alone with their shattered feels.

hugTight.gif

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
The FCBD comic is out and is a fucking GREAT recap of where things are at in the series if you wanna jump in. Also, the Mutanimals side story wrapped up in a REALLY satisfying way, and did little things like introducing Null Corp and some familiar bots which may make some sort of reappearance with Shredders new alliance happening.

Either way, this keeps being the best.

Oh, and I didn't post about the fact that
Fugitoid used his technology to pull Donatello's soul into Metalhead's body. Donnie's physical body is basically just being kept carefully hooked up to a bunch of life-support machines to keep it viable. Also, Donatello is going through a bit of an existential crisis with being through a spiritual experience and seeing his mother, and also dealing with the fact that when in Metalhead he's smarter and thinks faster than he knows he himself is actually capable of, so he's going through a lot in addition to being not really dead or alive anymore (although Mikey's really encouraging about everything).

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
An absolutely HUGE arc just ended with issue #50, and I'm exceptionally interested and impressed about where it left things. Like... this is an end to a pretty significant era for them all.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
The new arc's been interesting, but I don't dig the art. It just doesn't work to have them look strangely like the movie characters.

They're doing a crossover with Batman soon, too. So I'll be reading a Batman comic for the first time in ages.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
There's 24 hours left in the TMNT: Shadows of the Past Kickstarter and oh my science, I think that they might hit their final stretch goal (and I really, REALLY want it to). TPK Shredder FTW! The game is not only being made by IDW, but it's also being made to follow the comic story, and they're planning on little expansions and things going all the way to City Fall, and HOLY SHIT, I am just so very excited for this and can't stop talking about it!!

Also, I'm recording this conversation because of reasons.
• No Turtle Love?
• ALL Turtle Love!
• Well Played...

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Sooo... ComiXology has an absolutely awesome TMNT bundle that's 70% off, but it won't be around much longer: https://www.comixology.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles/bundle/1202 It's got the first TWELVE Volumes, plus most of the Micro Series up to that point for $50.

If you do pick it up, and want to get into reading everything that's been released so far and make sure that you don't miss anything along the way, this is still the best guide (and it's continually updated): http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-idw-tmnt-continuity-timeline.html

And last, but not least, in case you're interested in how things'd been playing out so far (as of Fall 2015, which is basically what's contained in the Bundle) with a visual representation:

tmnt.jpg

Via: http://www.idwpublishing.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-reading-guide-fall-2015/

I think that the only thing in that image NOT in the bundle are TMNT Annual 2012, Secret History of the Foot Clan, and the Ghostbusters crossover, soooooo..... yeah.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Ah crap, I was totally going to go get the TMNT stuff last Friday and then I forgot. >:(

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Leatherhead finally showed up & he looks fucking fantastic. The end of this issue was one HELL of a surprise. The storyline is twisting and turning is the craziest ways, and I love it. It's really building up a world and forces in a way that've never happened before.

Also, there's a one-shot AU issue coming out next week, where the Turtles join Shredder and City Fall ends totally differently. It's the "What If?" scenario, and dear gods it sounds amazing.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Issue #61 has finally reached a point where the crazy changes have hit their stride, and I really dig the new turn in events, and I have NO idea where this crazy stuff is gonna go now that the series' arc is gaining momentum.

Top Bottom