• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Tomb Raider [film reboot]

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith

Abortedj

The Crawling Chaos
AKA
Abortedj, The Offender, Abortedjesus, Testicules,
Well, can't be any worse than the original film. One hopes...

Last edited:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I can picture it as well. I have to admit, I was gunning for Daisy Ridley to be in the role, but I think Alicia is pretty good fit for the character.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
most notable for roles in Ex Machina

Lucille+gif+ugh.gif

That movie was the worst, I don't understand how it had any noms at the Oscars.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I knew there would be another Lara Croft film, but I never thought it would be a reboot. Oh well. Wonder how this new reboot willl turn out. Pity Angelina Jolie won't reprise her role as Lara.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I think having the movie go in the direction of the rebooted game franchise was the right call. One of the appealing things about the new games for me was seeing Lara as a young, fledgling explorer just starting out. I'm sure production on this film won't start for quite awhile, but I look forward to hearing more details about it as time goes on.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Angelina Jolie was one of those casting choices that, like Daisy Ridley was rumoured for now, was used to roll in the ticket sales. I don't think casting her in this would tonally fit the reboot script, and plus (as purely a comparison to the new Lara Croft) she's fuckin' old :monster:

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Am I the only person who's pissed that Lara Croft's backstory has been rewritten a gajillion times and no-one seemed to notice until a fucking reboot happened?
I can't say I'm a fan of the new Tomb Raider franchise so I'll probably hate this film.

Also, speaking of hatin' on films of games, Alicia Vikander is Michael Fassbender's girlfriend...Assassin's Creed anyone? :monster:
(I still haven't got round to watching it)

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Those images are practically the same as what she looked like in the rebooted game. I really hope it's just not going to be a carbon copy at this rate. Not sure how I feel about the film either, as I haven't actually seen Alicia Vikander in action.

As for the Assassin's Creed film, I liked it. There were some places it could've been better, but it was a good shot at making a video game film.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Mage: I think people noticed. :P

I had somehow forgotten that this isn't going to be the first Tomb Raider film. Forgotten, or maybe repressed. Now my feeling about this film has changed from "ugh" to "WHY GOD WHY".

Video game movies need to die in a fire. There has never been a good one, there will probably never be a good one, and nobody can tell me different. The best we can hope for is "this only moderately sucks", à la Prince of Persia or (so I'm told) Warcraft.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Warcraft would've been better without the humans, :monster:

And PoP would've been better with less humans and more sand zombies.

Max Payne would've been better with less humans too.

Noticing a trend here? Come to think of it, there's a fuckton of games that are really not about any characters besides the protagonist; they're extras at best, even if they do actually exist. The first Tomb Raider was (iirc) completely devoid of anyone but the pointy-bewbed protagonist. AssCreed had some speaking other characters, but those were more to flesh out the story - the main game was just the assassin and a lot of extras that had to die for entertainment purposes.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I reeeally want this to do well, but it looks like it's going to be a carbon copy of the rebooted game, minus Sam - unless she's actually in it? Like the rebooted games, it'll be nice to see Lara at the beginning. Regardless of how I feel about it, I'll definitely go see it. This is still one of my favourite game franchises of all time <3

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Can't wait for this movie. Alicia Vikander is a great actress, and it's nice to see her in an action-type setting. I hope Tomb Raider gets better reception from fans than her boyfriend's Assassin's Creed film did. :P

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Mage: I think people noticed. :P

I had somehow forgotten that this isn't going to be the first Tomb Raider film. Forgotten, or maybe repressed. Now my feeling about this film has changed from "ugh" to "WHY GOD WHY".

Video game movies need to die in a fire. There has never been a good one, there will probably never be a good one, and nobody can tell me different. The best we can hope for is "this only moderately sucks", à la Prince of Persia or (so I'm told) Warcraft.
What about "Super Mario Bros."????

Being serious, though, "Hitman" was pretty good. :monster:

(I do realize the post above was from February. I overlooked it until now. Eat me.)

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
I'd love to see a Bioshock movie. Someone would still manage to fuck it up though. :/

Top Bottom