• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Top Ten Final Fantasy Endings

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Here's another top ten list I decided to make but can't be arsed to actually make a video for. This is my listing of the top ten endings to Final Fantasy games and I want you to know that while I was organizing this list and writing up my explanations I was listening to the music for all of them and don't do this because you are not ready for the onslaught of emotions.

Anyways, as always, please counter my points with your own list and discuss and all that goodness. I like to see where I fall in line with you all, as always.

Top 10 Endings of Final Fantasy:

Final Fantasy XIII had a great story, but the ending was hollywood hackneyed and actually undid a lot of good the story had done. Lightning Returns's ending, like the entirety of it's story, was goofy as shit. But XIII-2 had a middle of the road story and pretty good ending. Did I say good? That's
not the right word... what's the word? Ball-crushing. Yeah that's it, ballcrushing. I had to include it because it's outright gutsy to have this kind of a cliff-hangar ending and remains one of the darkest closings to a Final Fantasy to date.

Who would have thought an MMO could stand up to the dramatic and emotionally charged endings of the main series? Well, A Realm Reborn delivered. In a time before every content patch and expansion had to have some sort of horrible dramatic twist to tease the upcoming content, A Realm Reborn ended in a pretty definitive way - with your avatar hero escaping the exploding Imperial facility on his or her Magitek armor while the Final Fantasy Anthem kicks in and your allies cheer you on. Your comrade is saved, your main enemies defeated and the evil is vanquished. For now. And yes there was the teaser for the Binding Coil of Bahamut, but the main story was at least tied up nicely. Until 2.1.

This can't and won't top the poignancy of the ending of FFX. But for what it was, the "Perfect Ending" of FFX-2 was actually a decent way to end the story. The tearful reunion of Tidus and Yuna was awesome enough, but then the tiny little scene in Zanarkand we get between the two that plays if you get 100% completion helps recapture a lot of the chemistry between them and provides a nice hopeful little touch. I still thing the ending we got in X was artistically better, but I'm a big softie and I think this ending has merit too.

The ending of FF8 has everything. Which in a way is good but in a way makes it a bit disjointed. I still think it deserves the #7 spot because of how amazing it all comes together in the end. First the time-shifting ending which introduces the key point of debate / grandfather paradox of the game's story. Then Squall's lonely wandering about in the world without time before the strange hallucinogen trip (which I will never view the same way again thanks to the Squall Is Dead theory). Finally Rinoa, searching for him, recalls the words they shared and they find each other in the darkness as Eyes on Me begins to play. Then the pull out shot and the scenes we get with Seifer and his friends, and Laguna's past where he says goodbye to Raine before finally rejoining our main cast on the floating Garden for a final scene. I don't really care for Eyes on Me at all, but even I get moved by it during this ending scene.

What a shock, the beginning of my golden era is featured on this list. The music, man. The music. The ethereal tune that plays as the scene wraps up on the moon- as Cecil finally forgives his brother and as the Lunarians prepare to depart for good. Then we cut back to the world to catch up on how all the characters are doing, finally ending with the coronation of King Cecil and Queen Rosa. We then get a curtain call ending with all the cast as - you guessed it - the Final Fantasy Anthem begins to play. It's just great, man.

But... V did it better. Not only do we get the "Dear Friends" sequence which serves as our character recap to fill out the backstory bits and tie up some loose ends, but then we get the reunion next to the Guardian Tree. The Final Fantasy Anthem plays as the main cast bookends the journey with a farewell line before they ride off into the 16-bit sunset astride chocobos and the Wind Drake to a remastered version of the Wind Drake theme. This is a hugely emotional ending, but it can't compete
with the next four.

One of the longer endings but packed with story, from the farewell between Kuja and Zidane, to the emotional 180 of Steiner, then the re-enactment of the play that started the game off. Packed into that is the reveal that Zidane did, in fact, make it out okay and Dagger rushing to meet him. We pan over to the crowd watching to see with a rather hard pill to swallow that Vivi has finally passed on, albeit leaving behind a legacy of his own. And then we cut to Melodies of Life and no that wasn't a knife in your heart that was emotion.

Jesus, here we go. The mother of all sad endings and if we were going solely by how well the story was resolved, this would be the #1 spot. You all know what happens here. First Yuna has to say farewell to all of her summons as an instrumental Hymn of the Fayth plays. Then... well you know. Tidus says his farewell to Yuna. He leaves her behind returning to the nothingness from whence he came but not before one last meeting with his father. Never has a high five affected me so much. Every one of these endings has left me emotionally drained, as a good ending should. But only this one has made me bawl like a baby. And yes there is some speech of Yuna's at the end, but for my money I think we could have ended it at the airship.

Okay this ending has just as much emotion as X's ending but rather than being strictly sorrow, it's got everything. Tension at the escape of the northern cave, a moment of hopelessness as it seems that Holy is not able to stop meteor afterall, terror as Meteor begins to touch down. But then, Tifa says those words that change the entire tone of the ending - "What's that?". Trails of the lifestream come from all over the planet to combine forces with Holy as one of the most beautifully triumphant pieces in the entire franchise plays before with a final swell Meteor is banished and we get a few bookending bars from the opening and see the visage of Aeris as if to say the planet itself has pardoned us and she was there for us one last time. The HD Remake had better do this amazing scene justice.

It had to be 6. Yes I know I may be reaching unrealistic levels of worship for this game, especially considering the fact that I still don't consider it my personal favorite (thought it's up there). But we have the Ending Medley which almost sells this ending by itself, divorced from the content that takes place during it. But no, we get a great wrap-up / curtain call of the characters as they flee the Tower of Kefka, including a few heart-wrenching moments such as Shadow letting himself die in the Tower while telling his dog to go on without him and Locke and Cele's scene where Locke finally redeems himself and more importantly forgives himself for what happened to Rachel. I guess technically Gogo sacrifices himself too but it's played for laughs and I'm sure we'll see him/her/it again.

Yes it's two paragraphs it's a long ending. We also learn of Terra's fate and the hopeful words from Maduin that, while the espers will no longer be a part of this world, if she is attached to the human part, she might yet live. Then Terra has to, having hardly ever known them, say goodbye to her parents and a life that could have been. The first half of the medley ends with the famous "And You" a good way to wrap it up. But we're not even done yet. We get a final tense action scene as the Falcon flies out of the ruins as the tower goes tumbling down. Terra, using the last bit of her esper powers (and for all we know her life) leads them out. On a note of uncertainty as to whether or not they made it, we cut to the pregnant teen whom Terra was looking after. Life begins anew, a perfect metaphor for the rebirth
of the world. We return to see that after a magnificent dive, Setzer has caught Terra and she remains alive. Setzer announces proudly that this is the fastest ship in the world and the game proceeds to show FFV how a triumphant ending is done blasting an amazing version of Setzer's theme while the airship soars through the Mode-7 skies.

That's what you call a fucking ending.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
I haven't played ALLLLL the FFs. Here's my list based off of which games I actually played AND finished. :D

1. FFX tied with FFXIII-2 - because I love bittersweet :)
2. FFVI - because Terra was finally freeeeee / agreed with what you said about the very thorough curtain call :)
3. FFIX - sweet/bittersweetish because of all the losses endured in the main story
4. FFVII, FFVIII, FFXIII - all sort of meh for me :D

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I haven't gotten very far into VI so I can't comment on whether it deserves the number one spot or not, but I would definitely put X before VII.

VII's ending left us hanging and didn't feel quite as satisfying. Did they win? Did everyone survive? The point of the game was to save the planet, not necessarily humanity, yes, but I do wish the game had still clarified the outcome. All of humanity perishing and returning to the Lifestream could have been quite poetic, if the game had said so. Contrary to that, seeing the party get the ending and closure that was produced in the compilation would have been equally as rewarding.

X, on the other hand, was both beautiful and devastating all at the same time. I remember going to bed with my mind in a fog, then waking up feeling utterly depressed the next morning only to repeatedly beat my pillow because I simultaneously both loved and hated it and couldn't reconcile my opposing emotions. No video game has managed to fuck me up emotionally quite as much as the ending of X did. :monster:

As for X-2, it was a fun game with a fun battle system and an interesting main plot, despite being weird as hell for much of the time. On its own it's fine, but as a sequel to X it has always been a bit jarring.
Perhaps if the game hadn't forgotten about Tidus and then just thrown him in as an afterthought at the end it would have been better. But to be honest, Tidus coming back doesn't really make any sense, not only plot-wise but from a metaphorical perspective, either. X-2 was all about Yuna breaking out of her shell and learning to move on with the new lease on life she has, but just as she reaches that point Bahamut pops up and is all, "BTW here's your boyfriend back. We had the power to do this all along but just didn't! Sorry!"

The ending where she sees Tidus's ghost on the Farplane and has one final goodbye was far more satisfying given her character development throughout the game. And I know I can always just play and have that ending, but you can't deny that the ending where he comes back is treated as canon. Like I said, maybe if X-2 had taken the time to address all of this I would have liked it better. But to be honest I just can't help but feel that the good and perfect endings cheapen X's ending just a little.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
As for X-2, it was a fun game with a fun battle system and an interesting main plot, despite being weird as hell for much of the time. On its own it's fine, but as a sequel to X it has always been a bit jarring.
Perhaps if the game hadn't forgotten about Tidus and then just thrown him in as an afterthought at the end it would have been better. But to be honest, Tidus coming back doesn't really make any sense, not only plot-wise but from a metaphorical perspective, either. X-2 was all about Yuna breaking out of her shell and learning to move on with the new lease on life she has, but just as she reaches that point Bahamut pops up and is all, "BTW here's your boyfriend back. We had the power to do this all along but just didn't! Sorry!"

The ending where she sees Tidus's ghost on the Farplane and has one final goodbye was far more satisfying given her character development throughout the game. And I know I can always just play and have that ending, but you can't deny that the ending where he comes back is treated as canon. Like I said, maybe if X-2 had taken the time to address all of this I would have liked it better. But to be honest I just can't help but feel that the good and perfect endings cheapen X's ending just a little.

Well... no, not really exactly..
I mean, the whole game is because she saw the sphere and she wanted answers. She's constantly referring to him when narrating the story and she keeps running into things, searching for answers, hoping it'll bring her closer to him.

That said, I definitely adore the scene where she says goodbye to his ghost and moves on... but I also love the Perfect Ending scene with them in Zanarkand, really shows that he's insecure about his existence and so he wants to make every moment last by cherishing each other... <3

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Yes, that is why Yuna sets out on her journey in the first place, but it eventually becomes so much more than that, though. By the end of the game I felt that she had come to terms with the fact that
Tidus was gone
and learned to live her life for herself. Otherwise, she was spending all her time in Besaid trying to live her life as a servant to the people, never once doing anything for herself. In her journey she learns that not everything she does absolutely HAS to be for the greater good.

And yes, she does
make references to him from time to time, as if she's talking to him, but I also feel that it only helps her work through it. It also isn't enough to explain why he came back NOW, why they fayth brought him back NOW, and why the fayth didn't just keep him from disappearing in the first place. I think maybe if that had been explained the good and perfect endings would be so much more rewarding, but it's kind of added as an after thought.

No to mention Tidus's connection to Shuyin is never explained in the game. You have to read the Ultimanias for that, which is kind of lame. :monster:

EDIT:

I do also want to add that my initial post makes it sound like I hated FFVII's ending and that isn't the case at all. :monster:

I also also wanted to add that I'm not saying that I don't enjoy the idea of
Tidus coming back. I'm just not a fan of how this was achieved

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I'll be honest, I can't watch the X-2 ending without smiling like an idiot. I don't know what that means for X's ending or not. But one makes me cry and one makes me smile, so I have to think both are effective in some way.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
/dbl FFX post

I think I've always taken Bahamut saying they'll dream him up again as an apology for her having to kick their asses again. "So you helped us pass on and then we let some punk corrupt us and raise us again anyway. So I guess we could at least keep enough consciousness to dream this one guy for you. Sorry again."

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
You know now that I'm not dying of feels and looking back objectively, I'm beginning to agree that X probably deserves to go at #2 over VII. I'm probably just nostalgia blind. :monster:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Yes, that is why Yuna sets out on her journey in the first place, but it eventually becomes so much more than that, though. By the end of the game I felt that she had come to terms with the fact that
Tidus was gone
and learned to live her life for herself. Otherwise, she was spending all her time in Besaid trying to live her life as a servant to the people, never once doing anything for herself. In her journey she learns that not everything she does absolutely HAS to be for the greater good.

And yes, she does
make references to him from time to time, as if she's talking to him, but I also feel that it only helps her work through it. It also isn't enough to explain why he came back NOW, why they fayth brought him back NOW, and why the fayth didn't just keep him from disappearing in the first place. I think maybe if that had been explained the good and perfect endings would be so much more rewarding, but it's kind of added as an after thought.

No to mention Tidus's connection to Shuyin is never explained in the game. You have to read the Ultimanias for that, which is kind of lame. :monster:

Yeah okay I see your point thar. There was definitely room for improvement and expansion on X-2's plot by explaining why
Shuyin and Tidus had a connection, why Tidus ended up coming back (tho Force's explanation is good too) and given Shuyin more screen time to help develop that connection of Tidus =/= Shuyin and Yuna =/= Lenne. Make him a more formidable opponent than just what he turned out to be... even though I still adore him. :D

However, I still think the game was equal parts Yuna searching and Yuna moving on/discovering herself. :monster:

I'm probably just nostalgia blind. :monster:

Happens to all of us. :monster:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Tidus was gone

So, aside from it's possible endings, why is that not a good sequel too X?

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA

:monster:

But apart from that, the story concept is brilliant, but it is flawed in the execution. The majority of the game was... well to quote myself from the black sheep article:

Jason Tandro said:
...pandering, pandering, pandering. The game felt cheap. It felt exploitative. It felt like an excuse to put our respectable female protagonists from X and dress them up in fan-servicey, jail-baity outfits...

The game spent more time focusing on the spectacle than it did on telling a cohesive story. And the voice acting did not help at all with this.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
/dbl FFX post

I think I've always taken Bahamut saying they'll dream him up again as an apology for her having to kick their asses again. "So you helped us pass on and then we let some punk corrupt us and raise us again anyway. So I guess we could at least keep enough consciousness to dream this one guy for you. Sorry again."

You so though...I just don't buy this. Wasn't what she did in the first game enough?

But apart from that, the story concept is brilliant, but it is flawed in the execution. The majority of the game was... well to quote myself from the black sheep article:

Jason Tandro said:
...pandering, pandering, pandering. The game felt cheap. It felt exploitative. It felt like an excuse to put our respectable female protagonists from X and dress them up in fan-servicey, jail-baity outfits...

The game spent more time focusing on the spectacle than it did on telling a cohesive story. And the voice acting did not help at all with this.

haha, Jason hit the nail on the head. X-2 is extremely different in tone from X, and if I let myself think about it too much it is rather jarring. Like I said, maybe if X-2 was its own standalone game, it would be a lot more enjoyable, because one thing I will admit is that it was extremely fun to play. The dressphere system was pretty ingenious, and the main plot wasn't too bad. Sphere Break as also a most excellent minigame. :)

There were also some cool story concepts thrown into the plot, such as the
rival political factions vying for control of Spira after the fall of Yevon
I mean yes yes, that is probably exactly would happen in a situation such as that.
And being that she's the High Summoner who defeated Sin, two of those factions were pushing hard for Yuna to join them
. I thought these things were great.

But X was more serious, and had almost a bittersweet/sad feel to it, while X-2 can most of the time be straight up goofy as hell. I sometimes feel like the team in charge of X-2 didn't take it all too seriously, and I think it really could have benefited from that. There were some good things there that could have made this a much better game.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
haha, Jason hit the nail on the head.

latest

But yes, X-2 was insanely fun to play and there were parts that worked well. There were also parts that didn't work so well... and there were parts that skirted the middle
such as Maechen being an unsent. I mean it makes sense and it's something that's been established and explains a lot about him... but it seems like they're just re-using the same twist from X. And Maechen doesn't use a big ass sword.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato

Better then the laughing scene from X.

I mean yes yes, that is probably exactly would happen in a situation such as that.
And being that she's the High Summoner who defeated Sin, two of those factions were pushing hard for Yuna to join them

But X was more serious, and had almost a bittersweet/sad feel to it, while X-2 can most of the time be straight up goofy as hell. I sometimes feel like the team in charge of X-2 didn't take it all too seriously, and I think it really could have benefited from that. There were some good things there that could have made this a much better game.

I feel that's a good thing, Yuna spend all of X, and her whole life up till that point being grim as hell, trying to sacrifice herself for Spira through death or marriage or anything else that can tacked on, as was half the rest of cast, X-2 is her trying to actually be teenager, have fun and enjoy the Eternal Calm before being dragged back into saving the world from Vegnagun. Just like the political state of Spira post-Sin makes sense, so does Yuna's attidute. The new characters fit in Spira's world (awful fashion sense that barely covers anything wasn't exactly X-2's invention, you know), even provide context to what Seymour said about Kinoc after killing him. Save Leblanc.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA

Not really a fair comparison as real EMOTION lasts 3 minutes and the laughing scene from X lasts FUCKING AGES. :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
But yes, X-2 was insanely fun to play and there were parts that worked well. There were also parts that didn't work so well... and there were parts that skirted the middle
such as Maechen being an unsent. I mean it makes sense and it's something that's been established and explains a lot about him... but it seems like they're just re-using the same twist from X. And Maechen doesn't use a big ass sword.

To be honest, I actually thought this was one of the better twists in X-2, but now that you mention it I suppose it is a bit of a rehash.

:kermit:

No way! Not in a million years. The laughing scene actually fit very perfectly well into the narrative of FFX. It has a point. It serves a purpose. It gives Tidus and Yuna a nice moment of bonding. They've been through some heavy stuff, and they are going to fake it until they make it.

Real Emotion was probably because someone in a meeting probably said, "Wouldn't it be cool if we made her a popstar? It's a game about girls and everyone knows all girls want to be popstars." :awesomonster:

I feel that's a good thing, Yuna spend all of X, and her whole life up till that point being grim as hell, trying to sacrifice herself for Spira through death or marriage or anything else that can tacked on, as was half the rest of cast, X-2 is her trying to actually be teenager, have fun and enjoy the Eternal Calm before being dragged back into saving the world from Vegnagun. Just like the political state of Spira post-Sin makes sense, so does Yuna's attidute. The new characters fit in Spira's world (awful fashion sense that barely covers anything wasn't exactly X-2's invention, you know), even provide context to what Seymour said about Kinoc after killing him. Save Leblanc.

This all could have been easily achieved without going so far off the deep end, though. No one is saying that Yuna's attitude is wrong. I mean, they managed to pull off X with Tidus, and he was a dudebro jock with bleached hair and could be a goof himself at times. :monster:

And now we've gone off topic. :monster:

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
You're damn right FFX-2 is different in tone than X. Spira had been lifted of the millenium-old, eternal, devastating killing machine that kept them in a constant state of fear and inability to properly build a society. Not to mention the oppressive religion they had just been freed of.

Of course everything felt more lighthearted. And rarely have we seen such a tangible effect on the world that our heroes have left.

I'm not saying it wasn't crazy some times, but when I replayed it for the HD Remaster, I was struck by how good the story in there actually was.

And as for this:
/dbl FFX post

You so though...I just don't buy this. Wasn't what she did in the first game enough?

I think that was part of it too. Upon being saved a second time, they feel regret over doing that to her in the first place.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
No way! Not in a million years. The laughing scene actually fit very perfectly well into the narrative of FFX. It has a point. It serves a purpose. It gives Tidus and Yuna a nice moment of bonding. They've been through some heavy stuff, and they are going to fake it until they make it.

Everyone in the party is faking all the lighthearted moments already, as pointed out by Tidus not long after that. Turns out, it can be done without looking like you've snapped and gone completely insane. I don't what the point is of faking laughter if it worries the everyone within a square mile more then silence ever has. Nor do I buy that Tidus has next to no understanding of what laughter sounds like.

This all could have been easily achieved without going so far off the deep end, though. No one is saying that Yuna's attitude as a whole is wrong. I mean, they managed to pull off X with Tidus, and he was a dudebro jock with bleached hair and could be a goof himself at times. :monster:

Tidus was a goof. As was Wakka. As was Rikku. And that was when Sin was around and they were on a sacred pilgrimage. We hadn't even scratched the surface what them letting loose looks like. Mostly all X-2 did was match the game's tone to it's characters.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy

Hey, Real Emotion is a legit good song. Have you actually sat down one day and listened to the lyrics? It's definitely a song very similar to 1000 Words that Yuna would sing if LeBlanc wasn't being such a dick. :monster:

Jason Tandro said:

But the outfits aren't even all that jailbaity... or out of character.. or out of the realm of the world of Spira.. or any other FF.. >_<

But that's what I really liked about X-2, it was a balance of serious/sadness and goofiness. I mean, X is the emotional rollercoaster girlfriend that has few ups and more downs until she finally rips out your heart and stomps on it at the end. X-2 is the manic pixie dream girl that has her bubbly side but she also has a tender side that still warms up your feels.

Well it was more than just Maechan, I mean there were a couple unsent people throughout the world/games that you knew of and surely there'd be more beyond that too.

Yus <3

Real Emotion was probably because someone in a meeting probably said, "Wouldn't it be cool if we made her a popstar? It's a game about girls and everyone knows all girls want to be popstars." :awesomonster:

noooooo ;-; It's not even Yuna though..

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
@Force: I never said the story wasn't good. One of the first things I said was that it was.

But outside of that, the game gets pretty wacky, and that's a lot because the story itself doesn't take up as much time. Sometimes it gets a little too overly so, and that takes me out of the story. I'm not saying people won't be celebrating Sin finally being gone. :P

I also still don't buy it with the fayth.

But then I guess it doesn't matter because
Tidus gets blown up anyway. :awesomonster:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Tidus was a goof. As was Wakka. As was Rikku. And that was when Sin was around and they were on a sacred pilgrimage. We hadn't even scratched the surface what them letting loose looks like. Mostly all X-2 did was match the game's tone to it's characters.

I can buy Force's argument that the world is light-hearted because the main threat is gone- that's a given. I can your point that the characters reflect the world. That's fine.

I don't mind a light-hearted game. But there are some basic story-telling gaffs here. Part of that is the fault of making it an open-world-ish game. The true story of X-2 is about Spira. It's about seeing how the world has changed since the end of X and tying up the loose ends.

So why did they have to tack on an unneeded resolution between Tidus and Yuna and if they had to do it why did they make that part of the story so slapdash?

Here's the main story:

Yuna has sphere with guy who looks like Tidus.
Yuna looks for spheres with friends.
Yuna joins a faction.
Yuna beats rival.
Yuna solves faction's shit.
Yuna fights old Aeons
Yuna learns about ancient super-weapon
OHBYTHEWAYTHAT'SNOTTIDUSINTHATSPHEREITSANOLDGUYFROMZANARKANDNOWFIGHTHIMKTHXBYE

I'm using hyperbole, of course, but it really does feel that rushed. I would seriously think more highly of the story if it stopped trying to pass off Yuna's quest for Tidus as the main driving motivation.

Edit:

Vis a vis real EMOTION.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's not terrible in and of itself but that opening is goofy as shit and legitimately caused me to turn off the console the first time I started playing. MY sister was with me. We turned it the fuck off. And we were sad.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Everyone in the party is faking all the lighthearted moments already, as pointed out by Tidus not long after that. Turns out, it can be done without looking like you've snapped and gone completely insane. I don't what the point is of faking laughter if it worries the everyone within a square mile more then silence ever has. Nor do I buy that Tidus has next to no understanding of what laughter sounds like.

Everything you need to know about the laughing scene is in this thread.

We're going to have to agree to disagree on this. It played out exactly how it should have. It achieved exactly what it set out to do. I shall forever defend the laughing scene to my death. :salute:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Sorry Tennyo, but I'm with Minato on this one. There are better ways to achieve the same ends. As I've said before - just because you make something intentionally annoying doesn't make it not annoying.

But again, agreeing to disagree and all.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I can buy Force's argument that the world is light-hearted because the main threat is gone- that's a given. I can your point that the characters reflect the world. That's fine.

I don't mind a light-hearted game. But there are some basic story-telling gaffs here. Part of that is the fault of making it an open-world-ish game. The true story of X-2 is about Spira. It's about seeing how the world has changed since the end of X and tying up the loose ends.

So why did they have to tack on an unneeded resolution between Tidus and Yuna and if they had to do it why did they make that part of the story so slapdash?

My question was what makes it a bad sequel to X aside from the possible ending. Never went out of my way to get Tidus back myself.

Vis a vis real EMOTION.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's not terrible in and of itself but that opening is goofy as shit and legitimately caused me to turn off the console the first time I started playing. MY sister was with me. We turned it the fuck off. And we were sad.

I liked it. BOTH my sisters liked it too. Or were just not in the mood to argue with my FF nerdyness, can't say I'm 100% sure.

Top Bottom