Top Ten Final Fantasy Endings

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Like I said, it IS FUN.

It just sometimes seems out of place as a sequel to FFX.

@ Jason: Just because something is annoying doesn't mean it shouldn't be in the story. It's like when people argue that The Office is a bad show because the writing is awkward. It's like, um that's the point... :monster:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
@ Jason: Just because something is annoying doesn't mean it shouldn't be in the story. It's like when people argue that The Office is a bad show because the writing is awkward. It's like, um that's the point... :monster:

YOU DID NOT JUST COMPARE THE COMEDIC BRILLIANCE THAT IS THE OFFICE WITH THE LAUGHING SCENE.

FRIENDSHIP OVER, PLEASE TRADE IN YOUR FRIENDSHIP TICKETS FOR YOUR PRIZE THE RIDE IS OVER.

you can the flash gordon signed football or twenty five thousand pencil toppers...

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Like I said, it IS FUN.

It just sometimes seems out of place as a sequel to FFX.

I get Tidus needing to blow off steam after everything that's happened even if people around him will look at him weird. That's the yell, I get that scene. Bonding with Yuna by teaching her something, that's the whistling. I don't think we also needed the laughter. Or that it needed to go on forever to get it's point across.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
We're talking about this again. I'm gonna be narcissistic and quote myself

Not really. The fake laugh has to be so over the top and stupid that they really do start laughing at how ridiculous it is. If you tone it back, then the laugh moves from funny to sad, because we're back to 'we're trying to laugh and can't because the world sucks', which is a bad situation, unless you're distracted by how ridiculous that laugh actually sounded.

You could have a different but equally over the top fake laugh (which people would probably also find annoying), but you can't tone it back much, because if it sounds less stupid, you don't have it followed by the real laugh, and the scene doesn't distract them from their depression.

X2's opening made sense to me. I envisioned it like this

People of the world: You saved us from Sin. What do you want to do now?

Yuna: I spent years planning to sacrifice myself, now I want to have some fun! I wanna be a pop star!

People of the world: Okay, let's make that happen! Leblanc, you will be paid to be a rival to keep things interesting.

Anyway, endings:

1. 9

2. 8

3. XIII

4. XII

5. X

6. VII

Top Bottom