• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Toy Story 4

Charles Xavier

Pro Adventurer
Well, certainly didn't see this coming.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/john-lasseter-to-direct-toy-story-4-out-in-2017-1201349848/

I dunno. The story arc revolving around Woody, Buzz and the gang was conclusive enough for me. I don't see where else you could take those characters, let alone surpass what was achieved in TS3. And if Disney and Pixar think they can top that, I seriously think they need to have their heads examined.

My suggestion: introduce a new cast of characters and have Woody and co. take the back seat and take supporting roles instead.

Reactions: Ite

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I think Toy Story 3 will be difficult to top, and I agree with you that the story arc seemed to be nicely concluded in that film. I'll probably give this a watch anyway, though.

Charles Xavier

Pro Adventurer
toystory4treatment_dan.jpg

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Ehhhh, should've left it at Toy Story 3.

Nah. Disagree here they have some stories left to tell if the specials have been anything to go by which are based after the events of TS3.

The first is absolutely fantastic and I cant wait for the second special which should be dropping this December.

Seriously if you havent seen it yet go watch Toy Story : Partysaurus Rex :reptar:

I trust Pixar. This is their baby here. The script has to be something pretty spectacular to get them to approach it a 4th time and also get the whole cast back on board for it especially after how they ended TS3.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I'll watch it, but strongly agree with the notion that the third film was the perfect place to wrap everything up.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Wait what the fuck

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Pixar has always been very careful with Toy Story so if they're making this movie is because they know they can make it good.

Reactions: Ite

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I don't know where the hell they can go with it. The only way there could be a happy ending is some sort of Pinoccio/Blue Fairy/Real Boy scenario.
As it stands, we know the toys are destined for the shitheap, once that little girl grows up, and the best they can hope for is that they'll all go together.

Maybe they'll reunite Woody with Bo Peep somehow? I always thought it was fucking harsh that she got shitcanned

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I wish they didn't. 3 was good already and made us say good bye the same way Naruto did recently. Why undo all this, Pixar? :(

Charles Xavier

Pro Adventurer
May I reiterate that TS3 perfectly tied everything up. It resolved all the problems apparent in the the last two movies (eg the fate of the toys when Andy grew up etc.) and there were absolutely no loose ends. Trying to write another big story about Woody and the gang would be like trying to write another big story about Squall and Rinoa (Final Fantasy VIII). It's pointless and it won't progress the characters anywhere.

This is why I think it's better to shift the focus for the next movie on a completely new character/s and create a new story arc.

EDIT: Doing those Toy Story specials seemed like a reasonable decision to me and a fair compromise. And I found them quite entertaining. But now... eh... kinda uncertain. I'll need to sleep on this and think it through.

Last edited:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
That makes me feel a lot better about this going forward. Toy Story 3 was a perfect resolution to the arc of the first three films and I'm glad they've suggested they'll be leaving that alone.

Ghost X

Given the new character, this movie could cover a range of deep topics, amd I'm curious as to which direction they go, especially if they are aiming to top the third film, which had me in tears or close to it during that scene. Tom Hanks seems to be impressed with something about this fourth film ("a moment in history"), but he is also the horse's mouth.

Charles Xavier

Pro Adventurer
So just finished the movie.

Surely someone can explain it better than me, but why did Woody decide to leave Bonnie in the end, despite the fact that he's always, even stubbornly, been loyal to his owners?

Top Bottom