• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Tried of FFVII.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
I'm so tried of Final Fantasy VII and fans saying that it's the best Final Fantasy ever, and fanboys going crazy over Zack, Cloud, Sephiroth and Vincent. Cloud was a decent character, but that was in the original game. These days Cloud talks slowly with annoying gaps and he is the most boring character. I'm tried of people saying that Sephiroth is the best villian ever, and fanboys insulting the original game and other Final Fantasy games, because they are not VII. Okay, Final Fantasy VII used to be a fun game, but that was over eleven years ago. These days FF VII is just fanboys on youtube liking Sephiroth because he's badass. It's just annoying. These days anything FF VII just gives me a giant headache. And Crisis Core makes that headache ten times worse.

Hate me, mark me down whatever. But these days going around the pubs with Fairs, healing people with Minwu, crystal hunting with Luneath, listen to Squall say 'Whatever' ! and watch Zidane chase around Garnet like a stalker sounds more exciting. Yeah, all the unpopular Final Fantasies.

On most people's Dissidia's wishlist, it was usually Zack, Yuffie, Genesis, and Vincent. FOUR VII characters. While the other Final Fantasies, 1- 3 got skipped, and V- VI had spelling mistakes " Farrs ". Okay, X got alot a overload of characters as well, but at least FF X fans don't go around saying how Seymour is the best villian ever, and " FF X is teh best. "

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
But...I think FF7 is the best final fantasy... D:

But yes, I agree. It is being milked beyond oblivion and a lot of it's sequels/prequels are garbage. But the original FF7...that game was something else. I've played most FFs and quite frankly, none blew my mind away quite like FF7 did. They came close, sure. But, in my personal opinion, they couldn't top it.

Is Sephy the best villian? Uh. He was pretty screwed up but I think I'd give that title to Kefka. Sephy would be a close second, though! :D And, to me, Cloud was the best FF character. From FF7 anyways. I loved him. He was such an anti-hero and yet, here he was, saving the world and some shit. :awesome:

It was the first time I ever came across a character as three dimensional and complex in any RPG. He wasn't perfect, he screwed up, he couldn't save the girl and he didn't even really save the planet after all. But, he tried. It made him human in my eyes. Well, as human as a videogame character can get. :P

I quite liked how his story ended, too. We see him happy after everything (despite the guilt thing from AC) and it sort of showed how that even after so much tragedy and such a hard life, happiness is still there.

I don't know, but to me, FF7 had the most meaning with the best characterizations I've ever seen. I guess it can be argued against and of course it's terribly overrated, especially today. I guess I don't care though. That game was amazing and I doubt I'll ever change my mind about that. :)

texico11

Lv. 1 Adventurer
And in turn, people annoyed with the hype treat it unfairly and down-rate it simply because they're annoyed by the over-exposure. FFVII suffers unfair backlash big-time.

Yes, other FF games are fantastic too, and yes, even I sometimes get annoyed that other FF games (for me in particular IX) never gets a nod-in on anything. But just because it's so popular doesn't mean it wasn't a fantastic game, which it is. For me, it's still the best game ever, even if I get annoyed that a few other FF games just completely loose all the credit they should deserve and can understand fans of other games getting pissed off by VII always stealing the limelight.

That fact shouldn't cloud over (:awesome:) the fact that it was still an amazing game. To be honest, I dislike the ones who try to pretend VII is somehow a bad game way more than those who dismiss all the other FF's and just cling to VII

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Somewhere in your diatribe you complained about people making spelling errors. lol

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
watch Zidane chase around Garnet like a stalker sounds more exciting.

MhWqX.png

I prefer watching these two any day than see how Cloud's stupid love triangle works out. :lol:

I agree that FFIX never gets ANY attention which totally sucks ass because it's so amazing. :c I'm really disappointed with how Dissidia portrays Kuja AND Zidane. For one thing, they made Zidane bite sized which I never expected him to be. Even the Amano art makes him taller... But that is completely OT. xD

FFVII is most people's favorite for some pretty good reasons. If the other games were as popular as it, they'd have crazy fans as well. Sadly, crazed fans will be with anything that is a big hit but you can't let that effect how you feel about something.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Personally, I find the arguments that FFVII wasn't so great to be just as tedious and numerous as the arguments that it as the greatest game ever.

I mean, why pay so much attention to something you are bored of or don't like? Just ignore it and the over-zealous fans. There's nothing anyone can do to change the way things are.

It's not like this is real life and we are trying to effect government policy or something here in an attempt to better our lives. It's just a game. It's just a fandom. Just focus on the things you love most. There's a reason that VII is so popular while the other games are slightly less so, and that's simply because more people like VII. You can't force them to like other games more if they really don't.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
So find another goddamn fandom. There are plenty of boards with little focus on FFVII and more emphasis on other games in the series.

YOU are tired of FFVII? I've been researching this m*thaf*cka of a game since November last year, and I'm stuck for the remainder of this year and probably more.
I'M GOING CRAZY OVER HERE AAAAAH!
(Edit: Yes I enjoy what I do, but it easily becomes too much :awesome: )

That said, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I find it a great energy saver to not care in the slightest about the fanbase and who does or does not like said game. That's their business, not mine.

FFVII is not a love story, it never has been. And I'm happy that it has stayed that way.

QFT

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I prefer watching these two any day than see how Cloud's stupid love triangle works out. :lol:

The thing about Cloud's stupid love triangle is that it is completely irrelevant to the game. Even in the new titles, it has barely come up.

FFVII is not a love story, it never has been. And I'm happy that it has stayed that way.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Find another fandom? we got lots!

GIRLS FANDOM
HOWCOOLIAM FANDOM
YAOI FANDOM
DESTRILLIANS FANDOM
LESBIANS FANDOM
EVANGELION FANDOM
GEARS OF WAR FANDOM
AVENGERS FANDOM
GIRLS FANDOM

Viva TLS! Viva Destrillians! Viva Avengers!!!!

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis

I agree with you there. xD
I prefer FFIX to FFVII, so it's not just the romance part that I care for more but the game entirely. Anyway, I was just saiyan. . . :awesome:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I don't think the problem is FFVII itself but the effect it's had on the franchise.

FFVII did nothing but wonders for the franchise, if anything it's the fans who are the issue.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
Nope. I'm talking about the franchise, not just the Compilation cash-cow. Squenix have got it into their heads that they have to create 'the next FFVII' instead of doing something original. It's no coincidence that the two best games since VII (IX & XII), deviated from that dynamic.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Nope. I'm talking about the franchise, not just the Compilation cash-cow. Squenix have got it into their heads that they have to create 'the next FFVII' instead of doing something original. It's no coincidence that the two best games since VII (IX & XII), deviated from that dynamic.

FFXIII isn't really like FFVII at all man. Neither is X.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I don't think the problem is FFVII itself but the effect it's had on the franchise.

I don't think the problem is FFVII but the effect that the compilation has had on the fans......wait a minute....what were we talking about?

But...I think FF7 is the best final fantasy... D:

But yes, I agree. It is being milked beyond oblivion and a lot of it's sequels/prequels are garbage. But the original FF7...that game was something else. I've played most FFs and quite frankly, none blew my mind away quite like FF7 did. They came close, sure. But, in my personal opinion, they couldn't top it.

Is Sephy the best villian? Uh. He was pretty screwed up but I think I'd give that title to Kefka. Sephy would be a close second, though! :D And, to me, Cloud was the best FF character. From FF7 anyways. I loved him. He was such an anti-hero and yet, here he was, saving the world and some shit. :awesome:

It was the first time I ever came across a character as three dimensional and complex in any RPG. He wasn't perfect, he screwed up, he couldn't save the girl and he didn't even really save the planet after all. But, he tried. It made him human in my eyes. Well, as human as a videogame character can get. :P

I quite liked how his story ended, too. We see him happy after everything (despite the guilt thing from AC) and it sort of showed how that even after so much tragedy and such a hard life, happiness is still there.

I don't know, but to me, FF7 had the most meaning with the best characterizations I've ever seen. I guess it can be argued against and of course it's terribly overrated, especially today. I guess I don't care though. That game was amazing and I doubt I'll ever change my mind about that. :)

Pretty much this. FFVII is always going to hold a special place in my heart because of how I felt when I first played aged 15. Obviously playing it now it isn't the same, its a little dated, the plot is a little bit stupid in places, even cliched sometimes :lol: I'll never be able to appreciate it the same way I did years ago, but damn it was a good game!

@ Kyrie: I agree with you that SE have been disproportionate with their focus on FFVII characters in Dissidia and KH, personally I am not interested in these titles but I do think that SE should focus more on characters from other titles as there is a lot to explore there. From an economic standpoint though, the characters from popular titles are going to sell more.

I can understand the frustration if you don't think FFVII that good, and how it is annoying if it keeps cropping up on 'best of' lists etc when titles you liked better get overlooked.... but really, you like what you like for its own sake. You don't need to seek some justification for that from the internet.

I can quite honestly say that even if FFVII hadn't been as popular as it was I would still love it as much. I don't think there are many FFVII fans that would say otherwise.

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
All who said that FF7 is not a love story deserve a kiss.

There is so much more to the game than the stupid LT. And there's so much more to the characters involved other than their romantic feelings, it boggles my mind why anyone would think of it as a love story.

It's something I appreciated of FF7; it wasn't romance focused, unlike all the other FFs :awesomonster:
Like FF8 or FF10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom