Tried of FFVII.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I just want to say that I like you and I hope you stick around TLS. ;_; However I also want to point out that
Hate me, mark me down whatever.
Is not a good thing to say when you make a thread. That's basically asking people to be hostile towards you. In any case, you just apologized and clarified that you meant no harm with the thread so just go on discussing. I'm sure we've all made threads that we regret making before. At least I think so... xD

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
How the hell did you guys talk about this for 4 and a half pages?

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Idk, the same thing basically happened in FFVI too... Except that Rachel was never in love with a guy that was similar to Locke in her past. Because let's face it, Locke is too sexy to be copied. BD

tumblr_lmuaw42Wjm1qksh8go1_500.png

Yummy 8D <3

Yeah, he just Copies Firion.

In short- Yes, UBERFANDTARDS are fucking irritating and annoying. Raging at a thing for the fans of said thing is unhealthy. Don't do it. Hate the ever loving fuck out of those tards, though.

And no, we don't hate you, no more than the general level of undirected hatred that flies around here, anyways.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
How the hell did you guys talk about this for 4 and a half pages?
hi I'm the god knows how many LTD threads there have been on this forum here to point out the irony

im7Dv.png

btw I'd go back and quote the post about how IX fans are upset and feel like their game is ignored because only Zidane and Kuja made it into D2 to point out that the fact that two of the main characters are in D2 sort of makes this a fallacious argument but the OP probably will never come back to the board because the trollthread to justify leaving forever and feeling bad about herself (which was unjustified to begin with) was a success

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Ya think?

Yet you fail to mention this when you make your comment about FFVII having a negative effect on the franchise due to an intentional attempt to recreate FF7 when X and Thirteen do not follow that trend at all.

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
IIRC every FF game represented in Dissidia 012, that didn't had a new character in the game, had a new stage about it. So it wasn't really unfair.

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
btw I'd go back and quote the post about how IX fans are upset and feel like their game is ignored because only Zidane and Kuja made it into D2 to point out that the fact that two of the main characters are in D2 sort of makes this a fallacious argument but the OP probably will never come back to the board because the trollthread to justify leaving forever and feeling bad about herself (which was unjustified to begin with) was a success

I admit that what I did yesterday was really stupid, but it wasn't meant to be a troll thread, just a rant thread that went terribly wrong. If I've hurt anybody's feelings yesterday then I apologize. Friends wanted me to stay, so I've deiced to come back, and hopefully this thread will be just noted as a huge error and regret and everything will just be a memory that will be quickly forgotten.

AerithLives

Pro Adventurer
I'm so tried of Final Fantasy VII and fans saying that it's the best Final Fantasy ever, and fanboys going crazy over Zack, Cloud, Sephiroth and Vincent. Cloud was a decent character, but that was in the original game. These days Cloud talks slowly with annoying gaps and he is the most boring character. I'm tried of people saying that Sephiroth is the best villian ever, and fanboys insulting the original game and other Final Fantasy games, because they are not VII. Okay, Final Fantasy VII used to be a fun game, but that was over eleven years ago. These days FF VII is just fanboys on youtube liking Sephiroth because he's badass. It's just annoying. These days anything FF VII just gives me a giant headache. And Crisis Core makes that headache ten times worse.

Hate me, mark me down whatever. But these days going around the pubs with Fairs, healing people with Minwu, crystal hunting with Luneath, listen to Squall say 'Whatever' ! and watch Zidane chase around Garnet like a stalker sounds more exciting. Yeah, all the unpopular Final Fantasies.

On most people's Dissidia's wishlist, it was usually Zack, Yuffie, Genesis, and Vincent. FOUR VII characters. While the other Final Fantasies, 1- 3 got skipped, and V- VI had spelling mistakes " Farrs ". Okay, X got alot a overload of characters as well, but at least FF X fans don't go around saying how Seymour is the best villian ever, and " FF X is teh best. "
Quiet you!

Final Fantasy 7 in my opinion was the best game ever made. However i am not an obsessive fan boy who runs around DESTROYING people who disagree (usually! lol). Especially thanks to the sequels the story line is so in depth and actually has a whole world with its own ecosystem, science, laws of physics and biology. It has sucked me into a world which even till this very day i never tire of. No game has done this. Cloud himself was boring yes but its his muddled up mind which makes him interesting. Especially as it brings out the beauty of the other characters that try to help him. Anyway Squall was the most boring character...jeeze!
Its materia system wasnt perfect and....well thats about it. For its time it was ahead of all games out then by far. I have been following the story lines to this game for 13 years and i am still learning. Incredible! The amount of joy this game has given me for the price of a PS1 platinum game too is uncountable...1000's of hours?
I am rambling. Im tired.

Smaddy

Green Mage
First off, it's kind of brazen to post a very negative post about FF7 on a fan board for FF7. It's kind of asking to start trouble.

Anyway, I can partially agree with you. I do like FF7 itself, and I think it did wonders for Square and the Final Fantasy series. I think FF7 is definitely a classic game that has replay value over the years - I just recently replayed it, and got more out of it even though I've played it plenty in the past.

At the same time, I do agree that FF7 is getting so much attention- a movie, merchandise, action figures, spinoff games, etc. Meanwhile there are others in the series that really get very little in comparison - specifically FF6.

(As a side note, I find it really, really weird that no additional FF6 characters were added to Dissidia. Practically anyone on the cast would be awesome, and I thought Celes would be a pretty obvious choice. She's only the semi-protagonist of the 2nd half... but what do I know? Edgar, Sabin, Shadow, and Locke would also make excellent choices.)

The thing is though, FF7 will always get the most attention. It was a big deal back in 1997 when it came out. There was a shitton of expensive, widespread advertising for it, and for a lot of people it was their first Final Fantasy. So the popularity and nostalgia are built in, it's an easy buck to make in a difficult market.

Doing things with the other FF titles would probably be considered a risk. It's sad because most gamers just overlook everything before 7 because the games are sprite-based and looks silly and archaic to those who only play 3D, HD games that consist mainly of cutscenes.

I wish Square would get off their butts and do something with FF6, but I've basically given up on them doing anything more than what they did with the recent retranslation and port.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Smaddy said:
First off, it's kind of brazen to post a very negative post about FF7 on a fan board for FF7. It's kind of asking to start trouble.

Only if the FFVII fans on here are dicks with a lack of empathy for non-FFVII fans.

I mean, I don't particularly fangasm over FFVII (it's an okay game imho), and I started and own this place, :monster:.

anyways, nothing else to add.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I wish Square would get off their butts and do something with FF6, but I've basically given up on them doing anything more than what they did with the recent retranslation and port.
The nostalgic part of me wishes this, but then the more rational part of me looks at what they've put out recently and realises that it's probably for the best that they're leaving FFVI alone. I'd hate to see it soiled with a string of inferior sequels like FFVII has been.

Anyway, yeah, I haven't made a serious poast yet in this thrad, but I agree to a certain extent that FFVII's been getting a bit too much attention. It's not the best game ever like a lot of people say it is. That said, it's hardly bad or anything; it's an above-average RPG that just happened to be released at the exact right time to make a gigantic impact on the gaming community. But it has some significant flaws; the translation is awful and the presentation of the story isn't done particularly well, which has led significant portions of its fanbase with incorrect assumptions about what actually happened, even fourteen years later. My general feeling is that the game up until the point where the party leaves Midgar is basically flawless, but after that point the game kind of loses focus and meanders a bit. It started out presenting surprisingly deep commentary about the effects of greed, totalitarianism, and corporate control, but after that it couldn't really decide whether it wanted to be a political allegory or a sci-fi story, and never really managed to decide whether it was either. There were still interesting moments after the party left Midgar, but I didn't find them to be as consistent, and the genre hopping didn't really seem to be particularly well-thought-out or coherent to the game's themes.

Anyway I'd probably give the game about a 90% rating, which is still pretty good, because objectively its flaws don't keep it from being enjoyable to play through. However there are other games in the series I enjoyed a lot more, because their flaws are a lot less noticeable.

I don't "fangasm" over FFVII either.

I have an insane obsession with researching the game, yes, but I am not fond of doing normal playthroughs anymore. The low difficulty of the game and its broken battle system cause the game to be boring to me and I don't care much for scenes that I've already watched a hundred times. It's a good game, but even better for its time.

My taste has changed plus I've played the game to death. All that is left is to analyse it.

Smaddy

Green Mage
Only if the FFVII fans on here are dicks with a lack of empathy for non-FFVII fans.

I mean, I don't particularly fangasm over FFVII (it's an okay game imho), and I started and own this place, :monster:.
I didn't intend my comment to sound offensive like that. Sorry. I just mean it's asking for trouble to post an 'I don't like this' message on a board where fans congregate on. At least this board is relaxed & relatively mature, and this didn't turn into a warzone...

And I definitely agree with Captain America's post altogether. When I most recently replayed FF7, just reading the script/text at times was painful because of how it was translated. It's a shame because so many details fall through the cracks because of ambiguous translation.

Ch00b

The Doomsayer
Overall I wouldn't exactly say that FF7 is overrated; there's clearly a reason why the hype is up. That is, the fanbase is just huge. That should not really be a reason to go against FF7 just because of the overwhelming fanbase.

I don't hate FF7, I actually slightly like it. There are many flaws in FF7 and superior protagonists, antagonists, storylines, whatever compared to FF7, but owell. The game came out in a perfect time to make such a huge impact to the gaming community, that's it.

You ultimately decide on whether you like or hate FF7. Though, a big and retarded fanbase is NOT a good reason to dislike the game.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
It seems to me that what we're discussing is at least in part a simple case of Hype Aversion. Or something closely related at least. And no, I am not linking this to the Hype Aversion page at TVTropes, I do have some mercy... though I know many of you will end up there soon enough anyway, so there's that. :monster:

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
Why is this silly thread still open ? This thread was a huge mistake and it was created without thinking.

These days I just ignore the sequels, prequels, cellphones, cups, shampoo etc and just focus on the original game. Since then, my love for FF VII has grown massively, and I couldn't be happier. <:

Expect for that fact that OG Cloud doesn't look like he has a boner, that is something that the OG could do with. :awesomonster:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom