True Blood [HBO]

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
You guys gotta tell me you watch this. I can't be alone on this fandom boat, can I?

I haven't finished my way through season three yet, but season four episode one premiered last night and I almost died just watching the previews. GAH. I ADORE THIS SHOW. *_*

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
I watch it! I haven't watched the season premiere yet though. I'll probably do that tonight.

ERIC COME TO ME. Eric... so much hotter than Bill. TV show, you've failed. You make me like Eric more than Bill :awesome:

I haven't read the books. Have you?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I've read the first book but have yet to start watching the series. Something tells me I'd probably enjoy the TV series more than the books, which are entertaining enough but clearly not directed at my demographic :monster:

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
YAY! ANOTHER FAN! :D

I own the first book but no, haven't had a chance to crack it open yet. I heard it's vastly different from the TV series.

OMG I LOVE ERIC MORE THAN BILL, TOO. :O He's just...so much win. The only thing I like about Bill is the hilarious way he says, "Sssssookeh' in his thick accent. Cracks me up all the time.

But Alcide. Oh dear, that man. He's just...*O*

EDIT:

HI AARON. :D

It's hard to say because they're so different. I know people who started off preferring the show and then stopped watching it because the books were better. Then there's the fans who just love the show period. BUT THERE'S TONS OF SEX/VIOLENCE/DRAMA/MYSTERY IN BOTH SO EITHER WAY.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I've read the first book but have yet to start watching the series. Something tells me I'd probably enjoy the TV series more than the books, which are entertaining enough but clearly not directed at my demographic :monster:

There's sex in every episode :awesomonster:

Bill just... gives off a "dad" vibe. Not a boyfriend vibe. It's awkward.

umm.... I'm not a fan of their accents at all :awesome:

I watch it. Certainly entertaining, but I don't fangasm over it like some people. :monster:

I don't fangasm over the show, just of the dude who plays Eric XD

He was also briefly in Zoolander :awesome:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I watched up to season 3 and I am pretty sure I am done. Sookie's tv stupid, beel's constant stupid, egg licking, the prospect of the show spikifying Eric so he can be with Sookie...

NOPE

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I will not argue that Sookie is dumb.

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I like Sookie. She's a whole lot better than that Bella crap and other annoying female lead in vampire novels. Anita Blake had her moments but then she turned slutty-o and I got over that fast.

At least with Sookie what you see is exactly what you get. She may be a dumb blonde, but I think she's supposed to be. You only get good plot with stupid characters. :D

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I like Sookie. She's a whole lot better than that Bella crap and other annoying female lead in vampire novels. Anita Blake had her moments but then she turned slutty-o and I got over that fast.

At least with Sookie what you see is exactly what you get. She may be a dumb blonde, but I think she's supposed to be. You only get good plot with stupid characters. :D
But Sookie was awesome in the first season. Thereafter she became beel's simpering girlfriend and she did things that were just stupid for her character (taking him back after he assaulted her).

it's like once it went off of the books it just completely gave up on sookie having any cool characteristics.

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
^True enough. I don't like her with Bill. Heck, I don't like Bill period. That relationship dynamic is just unhealthy. I'm hoping things change in season four since, apparently, there's supposed to be more sexy time with Eric. Maybe she'll come to her senses and leave him. :D

I think the books lead towards more Eric/Sookie, too. Not to mention, she has sexy time with Alcide, too. Hmm.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
^True enough. I don't like her with Bill. Heck, I don't like Bill period. That relationship dynamic is just unhealthy. I'm hoping things change in season four since, apparently, there's supposed to be more sexy time with Eric. Maybe she'll come to her senses and leave him. :D

I think the books lead towards more Eric/Sookie, too. Not to mention, she has sexy time with Alcide, too. Hmm.
She leaves him in season 3 at some point cause... idk it was something to do with some stupid bullshit about her blood or something.

I JUST

I DON'T TRUST THE SHOW TO BE LIKE 'oh yeah eric is still totally badass while he goes for this lady' BECAUSE IT JUST SEEMS SLIGHTLY OOC AT THIS POINT GIVEN HOW FREQUENTLY HE RAGS ON HUMANS. I JUST FEEL LIKE THEY WON'T DO IT RIGHT

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
There's sex in every episode :awesomonster:
This is part of why. Reading the sex scenes in the books made me feel a bit awkward. Then again I was reading it at work which could have had something to do with it. Maybe if I wasn't reading it in public I could have enjoyed it more :monster: But yeah, seeing sex scenes seems like it'd be a lot more enjoyable for obvious reasons, especially when they star Anna Paquin :awesomonster:

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Yeah but she goes back to him like, not even an episode later. Despite all the bullshit he pulled.

I think it can go both ways; they'll either fuck it up and ruin Eric completely OR they could work magic and make it absolutely spectacular. It depends on how much Eric really pursues Sookie. Since, you know, he ain't the pursuin' type.

Yeah, higher chance of them mucking it up. But who knows? Despite the Bill/Sookie bullshit, I still quite like this series so maybe they can keep it fresh. Although the Jason storylines drive me more crazy than any of Sookie's shenanigans. HOW CAN IT BE POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THAT STUPID?!

Even though Ryan Kwanten is hot shiz.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
I love this show. I don't mind Sookie so much (I'm glad she told BOTH Bill and Eric to fuck off tbqh) but my favorite characters are Lafayette, Pam, and Jessica.

Also I'm loving Tara's new relationship but I want it to be like...fully fleshed out and not just HURR HURR HERE'S SOME LESBIANS KEEP WATCHING
I want Tara to actually finally be happy even if these lies are gonna blow up in her face eventually :x

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
But yeah, seeing sex scenes seems like it'd be a lot more enjoyable for obvious reasons, especially when they star Anna Paquin :awesomonster:
She's hardly in any of them :monster:

I don't get Bill. Like, every episode I'm like, "What's this guy's deal?" She should have stayed away. It's was weird in the beginning, it's even more awkward now.

Jason, at least, is actually stupid. So he does stupid things, it's aggravating, but not surprising or ooc.

LAFAYETTE IS AWESOME AND HE'S SO HOT, OMG. DEM EYES. He may easily be the coolest character on the show. ngl.

Tara is a bit too... aggressive for me sometimes. idk. I like her most of the time, but other times I wish she would calm down ;.;

BECAUSE IT JUST SEEMS SLIGHTLY OOC AT THIS POINT GIVEN HOW FREQUENTLY HE RAGS ON HUMANS. I JUST FEEL LIKE THEY WON'T DO IT RIGHT

Technically, Sookie isn't human :awesomonster:

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
LAWL. Gotta admit, fairy was one I definitely didn't see coming.

OMG I LOVED EGGS. <3 But Lafayette is a fave character for sure! The AIDS burger scene. <3 Loved how he handled that situation; classy.

But if Sookie stayed away from Bill, we'd have no story. D:

Jason always ends up in a romantic/sex fest with the weirdest/most dysfunction/annoying female characters I've ever witnessed in a TV show. How he does it, I've no clue.

Agree about Tara; she has her awesome I love her to bits moments and then she has those really annoying moments where she does need to calm down a bit. :\ Overall, I do like her and her relationship with Sookie. :D

Jessica...Did not like. Also, Alcide's crazy ex gf. She needs to die. Preferably soon.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
There's a group of people on base who get together for True Blood-a-thons in some guy's apartment. I've been meaning to check it out myself. The first time I've seen the show some chick was getting the shit fucked out of her and I was like 'awww yeeaaahhh son'. But I also assume it has a legit interesting plot, so I'll check it out.

Top Bottom