Ultimania Alpha - Story Mode Summaries (Spoiler Warning)

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=72.msg1605#msg1605 date=1229031752]
So you think Cloud should totally not react at all at having to face the same fucker he's killed three times already and has made it his life mission to make miserable? You don't think a slight feeling of frustration would be natural at seeing him again, doing the same old shit he did on Gaia, except this time in another world?

I mean, really. It's kind of a no-brainer Cloud's gonna wonder "WTF is this fighting for?" if he's gonna constantly have to fight Sephiroth over and over again. And considering he's being the natural leader he was at the end of FFVII, I don't see what the complaint is about.
[/quote]

No, I think I'd rather he go around making corny jokes and being goofball like he used to. He can be frustrated, but it doesn't have to his chief characteristic in the game. The complaint is that I'm sick of Cloud being everything but what I liked about him in FFVII. He wasn't quiet, or reserved in that game, but that seems to have become his current personality.

I'm sorry that displeases you mako fart.

Also, are these people the same as they are from their respective games? With their history and memories intact?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
[quote author=Dacon link=topic=72.msg1626#msg1626 date=1229035835]
So you think Cloud should totally not react at all at having to face the same fucker he's killed three times already and has made it his life mission to make miserable? You don't think a slight feeling of frustration would be natural at seeing him again, doing the same old shit he did on Gaia, except this time in another world?

I mean, really. It's kind of a no-brainer Cloud's gonna wonder "WTF is this fighting for?" if he's gonna constantly have to fight Sephiroth over and over again. And considering he's being the natural leader he was at the end of FFVII, I don't see what the complaint is about.
[/quote]

No, I think I'd rather he go around making corny jokes and being goofball like he used to. He can be frustrated, but it doesn't have to his chief characteristic in the game. The complaint is that I'm sick of Cloud being everything but what I liked about him in FFVII. He wasn't quiet, or reserved in that game, but that seems to have become his current personality.

Also, are these people the same as they are from their respective games? With their history and memories intact?
[/quote]

Yes, it displeases me a lot Bacon. :duhard:

And who knows? He might pull off a dorky joke or two as well. The game's not even out yet so we don't know. However, we already know Cloud seems to get along quite well with the others. The fact that the qualities that are being touted regarding him are, his strong sense of judgment, his cool-headedness, and dependability pretty much shows this is the Cloud who rose to be a leader at the end of FFVII. This is Cloud at his best, and not the one who was saddled with sadness and depression and ran away from his fears during AC.

And yes, these are the FF characters pulled right out of their worlds with all of their memories and characteristics.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=72.msg1628#msg1628 date=1229036496]
[quote author=Dacon link=topic=72.msg1626#msg1626 date=1229035835]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, it displeases me a lot Bacon. :duhard:

And who knows? He might pull off a dorky joke or two as well. The game's not even out yet so we don't know. However, we already know Cloud seems to get along quite well with the others. The fact that the qualities that are being touted regarding him are, his strong sense of judgment, his cool-headedness, and dependability pretty much shows this is the Cloud who rose to be a leader at the end of FFVII. This is Cloud at his best, and not the one who was saddled with sadness and depression and ran away from his fears during AC.
[/quote]

Cloud did not rise to be a leader at the end of FF7, he was a leader the minute they left Midgar.

I doubt they would have mentioned the "depression" if it wasn't a real factor in the game's story. But we'll see, I still think this damn game is taking itself way too seriously.

Schala-Kitty

Pro Adventurer
Okay, just to get everyone away from the word "depression," the literal translation is "His heart beings to sink."

I used the word depression because it was the simpler way to sum things up. As I said, I regret using it now because of how it's been so terribly focused on and agonized over.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Cloud's feelings about having to fight Sephiroth again are as much of a factor in his story as him being a dependable leader, a damn good fighter, and someone who's respected amongst the group.

To fixate and agonize on that one point is completely blowing it out of proportion and minimizing the facets you apparently want to see portrayed in his character. Especially when they mention those positive qualities first and the conflict he feels internally last.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
[quote author=Schala-Kitty link=topic=72.msg1641#msg1641 date=1229040537]
Okay, just to get everyone away from the word "depression," the literal translation is "His heart beings to sink."

I used the word depression because it was the simpler way to sum things up. As I said, I regret using it now because of how it's been so terribly focused on and agonized over.
[/quote]

I actually didn't get that from your translations, but some guy's blog. He might have ripped it from your shit though, so meh.

Cloud's feelings about having to fight Sephiroth again are as much of a factor in his story as him being a dependable leader, a damn good fighter, and someone who's respected amongst the group.

To fixate and agonize on that one point is completely blowing it out of proportion and minimizing the facets you apparently want to see portrayed in his character. Especially when they mention those positive qualities first and the conflict he feels internally last.

Seems to me you're blowing it out of proportion, jeez. It's not that big a deal. If he actually IS depressed in the game, then it'll be disatisfactory for me, if not, cool. If I find it bothersome that's my prerogative.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
[quote author=Dacon link=topic=72.msg1655#msg1655 date=1229046953]
[quote author=Schala-Kitty link=topic=72.msg1641#msg1641 date=1229040537]

[/quote]

I actually didn't get that from your translations, but some guy's blog. He might have ripped it from your shit though, so meh.

Seems to me you're blowing it out of proportion, jeez. It's not that big a deal. If he actually IS depressed in the game, then it'll be disatisfactory for me, if not, cool. If I find it bothersome that's my prerogative.
[/quote]

Well it's my job to. I'm the resident FFVII geek :monster:

And yeah, we'll see, but I highly doubt it's gonna be that way.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
[quote author=Dacon link=topic=72.msg1655#msg1655 date=1229046953]If he actually IS depressed in the game, then it'll be disatisfactory for me, if not, cool. If I find it bothersome that's my prerogative.
[/quote]

I will actually be amazed if you like this game.

And taking itself too seriously? Maybe, but if it weren't, I GUARANTEE that somebody would bitch about it being empty and mindless.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I will actually be amazed if you like this game.

Pretty sure I'll like it more than Dirge of Cerberus. Simply for the fact that Kefka is in the game, and I can beat the crap out of Sefiros with Zidane.

And taking itself too seriously? Maybe, but if it weren't, I GUARANTEE that somebody would bitch about it being empty and mindless.

Sometimes just having fun is more important that telling some bloated dull story. I don't know if the story of Dissidia is such a case or not, just saying. People are always going to complain about something, so that's a non issue for me.

Top Bottom