Unannounced GeForce game listings

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
Has anyone seen this / is there a thread already discussing this? If so, apologies if this is old news.

An internal list of games that use GeForce technology came up here, and it alludes to a number of interesting titles; the FF pixel remasters show up here (they’re called “dot remasters” because pixel art in Japanese is known as “dot art - ドット絵”), which did come to fruition. That makes me really wonder about the veracity of some of the other listings of note! Most prominently, a PC remaster of Chrono Cross is listed - as is a Final Fantasy IX Remake. (Not just remaster!) Another remaster for Final Fantasy Tactics shows up, too, alongside an apparent PC port for VII Remake. (potentially delayed because of Intergrade?)

I’d be curious to hear everyone’s takeaways on the list. I really only scratched the surface by mentioning a few relevant Square Enix titles.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
From my understanding, the meaning of these games being listed here is ambiguous.

Here is an interesting masterlist of all the games leaked from Geforce servers.

It's interesting because yes, some of these have come to fruition. However, some of these clearly are either tests, placeholders, or just mysterious in their existence. And several publishers simply don't even release games on this streaming service. That includes S-E and Sony.

So this leads me to believe that while they may not be publishing their games to be streamed there, they might be somehow using Geforce technology or infrastructure to either test build, game develop or just...Something internally within their companies that utilizes their software in regards to development. And that development data got inadvertently revealed by this leak.

Meaning, these titles were simply proposals, tests, games already developed, or games already in progress.

But it's simply unknown. However, for S-E it certainly reveals some interesting future plans. I think it's safe to say FFIX's resurgence in popularity is now no longer being ignored by Square-Enix. We might be getting more of it to come.

EDIT: There's even more to this. There's weird shit on these servers. Here's the original Medium post that revealed all this. Someone's getting fucked up over this breach. This is some serious confidential info here from private servers getting leaked.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
A Chrono Cross remaster is everything I wanted.

FFIX Remake sounds so unlikely and out-there that I can only think of it as a mislabeling, assuming this leak is legit.
Depends on the graphical fidelity they want to achieve, if they want to change it into an action-RPG, and so on.

I doubt they would want to turn it into a realistic game, but who knows...

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I only know about FFVII Remake, so I'm going to comment on that: the PC port is actually the only one I expect - I do not expect this title to be ever released on XBox, soooooooo... At least it fits that belief lol.

I wanted to try one of these days FFIX, but now I'm going to wait (forever) just in case lol.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
FFIX Remake sounds so unlikely and out-there that I can only think of it as a mislabeling, assuming this leak is legit.

I don't care if I am 80 years old, and shitting in my hand. I would definitely play a 9 remake. I hope eventually there will be one

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
But it's simply unknown. However, for S-E it certainly reveals some interesting future plans. I think it's safe to say FFIX's resurgence in popularity is now no longer being ignored by Square-Enix. We might be getting more of it to come.

I agree. I know the remaster for switch came out not too long ago, but it seemed pretty random to make those Bring Arts figures. I guess it was around the 20th anniversary

Top Bottom