• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Uncharted Movie: Hollywood ruins another game

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2010/11/24/mark-wahlberg-uncharted-movie-nathan-drake/

On the subject of how the "Uncharted" movie is progressing, Wahlberg confirmed that David O. Russell has started writing. "David is one of the best writer/directors I've ever worked with," said Wahlberg. "The idea that he has is just insane. So hopefully we'll be making that movie this summer."
Recently there have been rumors that O. Russell was interested in casting Joe Pesci and Robert De Niro in the film, and Wahlberg confirmed those, as well. "That's who he wants to write the parts for. I talked to Pesci about it and I know David's people have talked to [Robert De Niro]."
And now for the juicy bit: How would Joe Pesci and Robert De Niro fit into the storyline?
"I'm obviously in whatever David wants to do but the idea of it is so off the charts: De Niro being my father, Pesci being my uncle. It's not going to be the watered-down version, that's for sure."
At this point, it's clear that O. Russell will be exploring "Uncharted" mythos beyond what we've seen on the PS3, given that none of Nathan Drake's family members have appeared in the games before. Even if they don't manage to secure Pesci and De Niro, Wahlberg basically confirmed that he'll be the central character of the film, which is big news. Sorry Nathan Fillion, better luck next time.

SON OF A BITCH. FUCK EVERYTHING I DON'T WANT TO LIVE IN THIS WORLD ANYMORE.

HOW CAN YOU CAST A FUCKING ACTOR WHO HAS NO FUCKING PERSONALITY AT ALL AS A CHARACTER WHO IS ALL ABOUT PERSONLITY.

HE WAS INSPIRED BY FUCKING NATHAN FILLION FOR FUCKS SAKE.

Thanks for ruining another game adaptation Walfag.

Film is gonna be fucking terrible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
happening-trailer-wahlberg.jpg

ForceStealer

Double Growth
The film was a dumb idea from the get-go anyway. It doesn't have a unique plot, its Indiana Jones - the characters are great fun, but that's because of their actors and writers, not the plot. What makes Uncharted unique is that it has set the bar for combining interactive cinematic moments. Allowing you to PLAY moments that would normally only appear in cinema/cutscene. Sticking those moments BACK in cinema will not be unique at all.

The only scenario I saw myself being at all interested in this move was if they cast their real actors (all of which look similar enough to pull it off, ESPECIALLY Emily Rose - Elena), but I knew they would never do that as you can't get funding for movie unless you have "big name" assholes.

Bleh.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
The film was a dumb idea from the get-go anyway. It doesn't have a unique plot, its Indiana Jones

Eh, I disagree here. But yeah, the whole premise of the games is to capitalize on old adventure films in game form. A film would never have the same impact.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I'm not surprised. No video-game movie adaptation is that good anyway. ; v ; So Bad its Good quality would be street fighter.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
No video-game movie adaptation is that good anyway
The Silent Hill movie begs to differ.

Its still not a great movie, and doesn't come close to the high standard set by the first 4 games. But still its by no stretch of the term, a bad movie.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
anyone else think mark wahlberg has goddamn weirdly short arms? leik he's actually a dwarf and cgi makes him look normal? Anyone? Anyone?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Eh, I disagree here. But yeah, the whole premise of the games is to capitalize on old adventure films in game form. A film would never have the same impact.

Well, I was oversimplifying a bit, you're right. It packs all the old school adventure tropes into a game and makes them playable. In a movie it'll just look like...all the old school adventure tropes.

...I don't know if I see that Aki. Are you sure you're taking into account the fact that his belt is not at his waist but rather halfway down his thighs? :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
It really pisses me off because the guy has no charisma at all. It perplexes me how he became a "respectable" actor when he's been playng the same shit no personality character since Boogie Nights.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
It really pisses me off because the guy has no charisma at all. It perplexes me how he became a "respectable" actor when he's been playng the same shit no personality character since Boogie Nights.
he was in things besides the happening?

because really that was his most memorable role for me

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Geezuz christ the happening is a terrible film

Alessa Gillespie

AKA

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Remember when they fired Ryan Gosling and cast him in the role of Mr. Salmon in The Lovely Bones? Yeah, I still haven't seen that movie pretty much for that reason.

In some defense of Walhberg, he's not really that bad when he playing his typical typecast roles. Which is basically any movie where he seems to be playing himself. But this does not a good actor make.

This looks like it's going to be another fail video game adaptation movie.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Remember when they fired Ryan Gosling and cast him in the role of Mr. Salmon in The Lovely Bones? Yeah, I still haven't seen that movie pretty much for that reason.

In some defense of Walhberg, he's not really that bad when he playing his typical typecast roles. Which is basically any movie where he seems to be playing himself. But this does not a good actor make.

This looks like it's going to be another fail video game adaptation movie.

Is he really that bland and boring a person in real life?

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Is he really that bland and boring a person in real life?

I don't really know, I've heard people say he's quite nice in person. I know he had a pretty rough past though - didn't he beat up some guy so bad to the point of blinding him? In that case, I can sort of see why he's typecast in asshole tough guy type roles.

Dee

sweet dee
AKA
Bun, Academic
I actually like Mark Wahlberg and I think this is horse shit.

Ditto. I can see where Mark might look slightly like Drake, but that seems to be the only aspect of the character they were going for. Unfortunately, what defines Drake is his charisma and humor, something that Wahlberg does not really mirror within this character. I'm rather disappointed knowing what kind of actor he is, but also curious to see how badly they're going to fuck it up.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
I actually like Mark Wahlberg and I think this is horse shit.

This is where I stand on the issue too. He's good in this own way, but this isn't really going to be his type of thing at all.

Ghost X

I haven't played the games, so watching the movie I guess wouldn't spoil the game for me, eh? Sort of like that other game-based movie this guy starred in.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
http://movies.ign.com/articles/113/1137651p1.html

The big screen version of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is starting to sound less like Raiders of the Lost Ark and more like National Treasure. Director David O. Russell says his upcoming game-to-film adaptation will focus on treasure-hunting hero Nathan Drake (to be played by Mark Wahlberg) -- as well as his extended family.

The writer-director, who said he is now halfway done with his script, told The Los Angeles Times, "This idea really turns me on that there's a family that's a force to be reckoned with in the world of international art and antiquities ... [a family] that deals with heads of state and heads of museums and metes out justice."

"We'll have the family dynamic, which we've done in a couple of movies now," said Russell, whose past films about dysfunctional familes include Flirting with Disaster and The Fighter. "And then you take that and put it on the bigger, more muscular stage of an international action picture, but also put all the character stuff in it. That's a really cool idea to me."

Russell also called the urgency of the Uncharted production, a high priority for Columbia Pictures who wants the film out sooner than later, "a locomotive."

What the fuck

this isn't Uncharted. Jesus Christ why do people ruin everything that people love? This is literally going to be nothing like the games.

ForceStealer

Double Growth

Dacon I want your Treize Khushrenada macro right about here...

Why bother calling it Uncharted? I don't get it. You're just gonna piss off fans of the game and dissuade people who don't play the game from even seeing it in the first place.

Top Bottom