• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Uncharted Movie: Hollywood ruins another game

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
XnDq80f.gif

i hope they're only filming wide shots with few actors and a small crew and no one dies of covid making this film no one wants

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
Wait, is he going to play adult Nate too?

Wol

AKA
Rosarian Shield
Definitely still a weird casting decision, but I think he suits a teenage Nathan pretty well. Maybe he plays like an in-between young and adult version of him?
That's what I think. Great for young Nate segments, but as the main actor I dunno...

Wol

AKA
Rosarian Shield
Neither I. At best it looks like a decent flick... we'll see.

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
I'm more against the plot and wahlberg tbh, neither looks good and I'm pissed they didn't stick to the source material.

Wol

AKA
Rosarian Shield
It seems video-game adaptations are moving from terrible to decent, in general.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
Maybe it's because modern games are becoming more like movies anyway, lol...

The movie seems entertaining at least; that second trailer has some set-pieces that got my blood rushing. Blockbusters are starting to feel like theme park ride experiences, which probably isn't great in the long run, but a part of me can at least have fun with the experience.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Some video games (Uncharted, MGS, etc) are written more like movies, that's one. You'd think it would make movie adaptations easy, but alas.

On the other hand, movies are being made "safely", that is, mainstream and international appeal - and if they can make it so it passes Chinese censors, that's even better because big audience and a lot of revenue to be made.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I'm not really thrilled that the movie pulls scenes/plot points from all the games, but I am still going to go see this. If we get at least a trilogy, this would be the modern day Indiana Jones, for me.

Top Bottom