• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Now with a separate thread since it was confirmed The Lost Legacy is a full game.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
God bless Naughty Dog. Their games are always fully curated ("on-rails") and that means they have a level of polish and punctuality that other AAA games lack. I can't believe this is being released tonight! Seems like just yesterday they were announcing Uncharted 4.

Fangu

Great Old One
I pre-ordered! I'll be able to play at midnight, I probably won't but at least the game will be ready for me tomorrow :joy:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
God bless Naughty Dog. Their games are always fully curated ("on-rails") and that means they have a level of polish and punctuality that other AAA games lack. I can't believe this is being released tonight! Seems like just yesterday they were announcing Uncharted 4.

And yet, Uncharted 4 had lots of open(ish) areas allowing for lots of exploration and shit. The storyline was linear and whatnot, but it didn't feel like it forced you down a single path.

Mind you, I don't mind that at all, and I don't really like the trend of making everything open world lately. Horizon was all right in that regard, but Skyrim overdid it and it just turned into chaos. Just tossing quests at you left and right is not the same as a good open world game.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Oh right, it's ancient by now isn't it? How taimu flies :monster:. Still impressive I guess that it's still getting games compared to it.

gibe TES VI already, and please, new engine.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I mean that's kind of been Elder Scroll's gimmick from the getgo eh?

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Guys it was so good, I had so much fun and the banter is gold. Chloe and Nadine work amazing together, I need more.

Sam shows up halfway through the story and at first I wasn't sure how that was going to work out but it was pretty damn funny. He spends most of his time bickering with Nadine and is great because is Laura and Troy. Being a butt monkey and the game poking fun at the fact that he just suddenly appeared in UC4. The game sets up the potential to continue the story with Chloe and Nadine partnering up at the end and I'm pretty sure they will, I want a full game so bad. It also would not surprise me if Chloe and Nadine end up romantically involved in the future considering how close they get to each other as the game goes on.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
tumblr_ov8z1lmio91qbow3do1_1280.png

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
The game is about 8 to 10 hours long (story + optional stuff). I did it in two days.

Lex

Administrator
Just a non-spoilery comment: I infinitely preferred the Chloe/ Nadine partnership to Nate/Anyone in the first 4 Uncharted games. It was getting to a point where Nate was basically Flanderised by the end of U4 and the Chloe/ Nadine dynamic is just so much more muted and believable.

And now for some spoilers

Initially I was a bit disappointed with "oh look, jungle", it's the most overused Uncharted scenery. That's not to say there isn't gorgeous scenery, because of course there is. It's just that since U1 I tend to roll my eyes every time I see a bloody tree in Uncharted. Sadly the entire thing is set in one location, but that works for it rather than against it. It's just a personal preference thing for me.

They more than made up for it with everything else. That final chapter was the best final chapter in all of Uncharted. They completely nailed the pacing of this game from start to finish.

Positives: Chloe and Nadine were awesome, the game felt great to play, and they fixed a lot of stuff from U4.

Negatives: Meh villain, too much junguru

Might be my favourite Uncharted game tbh. My major negative from U4 was the lack of Chloe - now that we have this it actually makes that game feel better for me. Like I can go back and play it without feeling like I'm missing her too much, because she has this all to herself.

People playing: if you find yourself losing touch with it in the beginning, persevere. It gets better and better as the game goes on (not that it's bad to begin with, but it does continue to get better).

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Finished at the 8 hour mark, was such a good game!

I really hope the mid-credits scene was an indication that we'll see more Uncharted, the series could definitely continue with Chloe and Nadine - they were such an amazing highlight of the entire game. Throw in a cheeky cameo or two from Sam and Sully, you got a deal from me <3

Fangu

Great Old One
I finished the game! (@Chloe Frazer!) Overall I loved it and I think it's the best Uncharted game so far. It might not be my personal favorite, but everything felt so polished and well done. Chloe is amazing and she definitely works as a main character.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I finished the game! (@Chloe Frazer!) Overall I loved it and I think it's the best Uncharted game so far. It might not be my personal favorite, but everything felt so polished and well done. Chloe is amazing and she definitely works as a main character.

happy.gif

Thank you thank you thank you thank you! <3

Top Bottom