• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Undertale

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
So, I know a bit about this game that got me convinced that I absolutely NEED to get it, and play it while my partner's off'n away in Sweden, so I figured I'd make a thread for it in advance, and see if maybe it'd popped up on anyone else's radar since it's apparently hit maximum hype levels on some parts of the internet, and given what my little sister showed me this last weekend... holy shit, I can see why.

It's one of those things like if you want an Earthbound-like RPG, just go for it. Don't read about it, don't hesitate, just go. I can't wait to just immerse myself into it and figure it all out on my own.

Also - the game's soundtrack is AMAZING.

X :neo:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Unfortunately I spoilt the experience for myself by watching the entire Steam Train playthrough...but even then, it was an amazing experience.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
It's pretty good!

I keep getting drawn away from it to other games, but I like it a lot. I have no emotional attachment to the Mother series so I'm not that deep into the Undertale hype machine like the rest of the internet seems to be, but it's clever, got some good jokes and incredibly endearing characters.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
@Tets: I just got those endings
at least I got TO the Pacifist ending. I'm still wandering around and talking to everyone.

I really wish that Photoshop Flowey's battle wasn't so photoshoppy, and was still done with proper pixel art - since that'd've been as terrifying as all the shit in the True Lab, which was like the FFVII Gelnika.

I've had some REALLY interesting chats with my sister about it, and how little ways that you change things differently, the game notices (like accidentally killing Toriel and restarting and it remembers).

Also, the fact that Flowey is following you from the start is quite creeptastic.

But yeah, it's REALLY interesting, and gets exceptionally interesting upon your first completion, and there's a bunch tucked away behind the scenes, and it's REALLY cool to see a game that actually has changes and consequences for your choices that feel concrete and meaningful -- especially in an RPG.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I'm glad the game is punching above its weight for The Game Awards nominations! Still not completely buying into it, but I'm still having a good time with the game. Pacing can get a bit wierd at times so far but its strengths like character and humour are definitely consistent

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
@Hisako - where're you at in the game right now. I've been relentlessly theorycrafting the past 2 days, and might start a third playthrough to try and pick up some of the stuff that I missed on my last Pacifist run.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Currently at Undyne's

I'm going pacifist as well, mostly because it's the more niche approach to the game that sets it apart from other RPGs. If I wanted to kill things I'd probably pick any other RPG I liked

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Looking forward to seeing your thoughts as you keep going. I think that the pacing feels odd on your first run, but it sorts itself out when looking back at it (if that makes any sense).

Having seen it, the tone and experience of a Genocide run is VASTLY different from the Pacifist run, and the interesting thing is how each reveals little bits and pieces of the story in vastly different ways.

I have a question. If I opt for "Buy Undertale" on Steam at CHF 10, do I get the soundtrack? if yes, then why does Steam also offer me a "Buy Undertale - Game and Soundtrack Bundle" for CHF 17? And what's in the downloadable content for this game, cost CHF 10? Is the actual cost of the full experience CHF 27? Thanks!

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
…I'm fully confused.

• If you but the Game & Soundtrack bundle for 17 -- you get both the game and the soundtrack.
• If you buy the Game for 10 -- you just get the game.

That's it.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Only a little, :monster:

I never did it, but apparently it's a thing nowadays to be able to buy a video game's soundtrack separate from the actual game. Off course, if you've got some basic skillz and if you cba, you can get the soundtrack out of the game for no extra charge, but why get basic skillz when you can just spend moar monies?

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Well that and most devs that do it are Indy devs, and I dig pitching a little more cash their way for their efforts as appreciation.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
There's that too, making a little on the side.

Some end up hitting it big time though, and end up making billions off of merchandise (see Minecraft, Angry Birds, etc).

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Still haven't gotten the game, instead I just watch LPs obssessively. :wacky:

I'm watching jackspecticeye's run atm. Always fun watching people play who really dig this :monster:

Also, they're doing a Genocide run on the Game Grumps channel and they just reached
Sans and jesus criminy that looks ridiculously tough :lol:

Megalovania is such an amazing boss theme btw

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Toby Fox in the art book said:
Originally [sans] was going to tell more skeleton puns, but it wasn't as funny as I thought it would be.

Ok I demand a puns DLC. Sans doesn't know any unfunny puns.

Top Bottom