Unique Compilation Content in Crossover Titles

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
Not really sure what to call this thread, but for those who might not be aware, there are several games, especially mobile titles, where Final Fantasy VII characters appear as guest characters, which often necessitates creating various unique weapons and abilities for them that don't originate directly from the main Compilation titles.

I have toyed around with doing a proper write-up to catalogue all this stuff, but frankly I'm not sure I can muster enough enthusiasm about the topic to actually properly format lists for all the various characters in all of the various games, so instead I thought I'd just type up some things I personally find interesting or telling.

Now, various Compilation characters have appeared in these games, but I find Record Keeper, Dissidia NT, and Dissidia Opera Omnia to be the most interesting because the nature of those games necessitates that these characters have access to a wide variety of character-specific equipment, which means that for characters who did not have that variety in the source games, they need to create completely new weapons and armor for them.

For example, Sephiroth. In Dissidia NT and Opera Omnia, several new weapons were designed for Sephiroth:
  • Mako Katana, an industrial blade bearing the Shinra logo which was designed as a counterpart to Cloud's Hardedge.
  • Cetra Blade, a black rapier with a wing motif, resembling Genesis's Red Rapier.
  • Second Coming, a jagged blade modeled after the midgardsormr, or perhaps Jenova DEATH.
  • Essence Shard, an angelic weapon designed to pair with his Safer Sephiroth costume.
Record Keeper goes even further, giving him even more new weapons, plus new versions of recurring FF staples. These includes: One-Winged Angel, Yoshiyuki, Chirijiraden, Heaven's Cloud Nexus, Ashura, Kusanagi, Dragonslayer, Fire Blade, and Shinuchi (Trueforged) versions of the Masamune, Yoshiyuki, and Chirijiraden. Perhaps most notably, they also created a full set of FFVII-themed Genji gear for him, with the Genji Glove, Genji Armor, and Genji Blade.

In the same vein, Record Keeper somewhat recently added Genesis, and in addition to his canon weapon, Red Rapier, they gave him Blood Sword, Evil Slayer, Deathbringer, Astral Sword, and Rune Rapier. Several of those are recurring FF weapons, and peg him pretty firmly in the Dark Knight category. He also gets both CC and DC versions of his armor, called "Genesis's Guise" (typical naming scheme for FFRK "costume" armor).

There are lots of others: https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/game/951/wiki/Character_FF VII

Just thought this stuff might be interesting to some of the other people here.

Top Bottom