• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Until We Meet Again

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Simply put, I think it's time to take a break. At least, from this game. I wish I didn't have to leave this community (you guys are awesome)... But yeah, being around here right now... It's not a good headspace for me to be in and it's not right to take it out on anyone else.

Simply put, I do want to know about the new FF7 game (and analyze it to hell and back), but less from the perspective of someone who likes it and more from the perspective of someone identifying failure modes by watching slo-mo car crashes. And that's... really not fair to anyone on this forum. You guys love this game and don't deserve the masochistic toxicity I'm currently feeling towards it at the moment.

You guys have collated some of the best FF7 info on the web and I wish you luck with compiling all the info on this new game! I hope this game grows this awesome community even more! It has been a blast hanging out with you all!

You can find me on Discord at @0bsidianFire#8957 or on Tumblr at https://0bsidian5ire.tumblr.com/. I hope to be back someday.

-- 0bsidianFire

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
from what I am hearing about the ending, I am probably gonna be a negative nancy too

we can be grumps together when that time comes if you want :sadpanda:

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
I think I have recently... figured out a large part of why I don't like Remake... and it's... unfortunately not the kind of thing that I can reason myself out of. Visceral emotional reactions due to bad memories don't really work that way. Especially when they kinda blind-side you out of nowhere because you thought you dealt with that particular thing ages ago. And then it hits you that if you play a game you wanted to play... you'll end up playing a character in the scene that caused you to remember all that... and your mind/brain/gut pulls a hard "hell no, we are not doing that!" about it.

Which of course means it's now really hard to think about anything else when I look at the Remake. It's... probably not too much a stretch to say that I dread the idea of playing parts of it now.

So I'm kinda back trying to actively ignore this game exists for the foreseeable future and am doing the media equivalent of curling up with my favorite flavor of ice cream and coffee in an effort to forget that stuff happened (and why I remembered it in the first place).

Here's to hoping I'll be back sooner rather than later. I'm still on Discord (very often) if anyone wants to get in touch.

-- 0bsidianFire

Top Bottom