• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Updating the way we greet newbkins

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
After greeting Vanuria on her intro thread the other day, I realised that I wasn’t sure what helpful information to give her because I wasn’t aware of the way new folks are greeted when they first sign on and what information is already given to them.

We now have an opportunity to update that greeting for the new year and possibly incorporate any new, bright ideas that this community has to offer. ?

But first, Lex is gonna grab the greeting as is for us. :megusta:

@Lex do yo thang!

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
I have the welcome message, give us a sec (wow I just misspelt that as sex TWICE)

Welcome to The Lifestream Forums.

Feel free to make an introduction thread in our Introductions, Departures and Birthdays subforum, or dive right into the discussion. Keep it friendly and be respectful.

Check out the rules and remember our number one mantra: Don’t Be a Dick! This means heaving respect for your fellow posters and thinking before you post. Now go do some of that :monster:

Here's a brief summary of the various roles we have here on The Lifestream:

:Shinra logo badge: Administrator

Admins have access to everything in the backend from a technical standpoint and are also a level above moderators, making them the bosses around here with the ability to run things and fix issues. However, the hierarchical part is a little bit meaningless to us here on TLS because we’re small and friendly and all interact with each other on an even keel as much as possible.

:SOLDIER logo badge: Moderator

A moderator is someone who has the ability to moderate the whole board, with permissions that allow them to ban users, lock threads, delete posts, etc. If you are having any trouble, you can report any user, thread or individual post for review by a moderator. Also, if you see someone who appears to be in a crisis, you can use the report function to alert site staff to them and make sure they get the help and support they need.

:Fenrir badge: Community Manager

Our Community Managers are responsible for organising and running events for the community. From annual events like the TLS Awards to monthly movie nights and community playthroughs, they are always dreaming up new ways to bring us closer together and have fun at the same time.

:Jenova badge: Great Old One

Great Old Ones are beings who have been around since the beginning of time – perhaps even before time. They are all-powerful, all-knowing creatures of strange and disturbing origins. Also, they have made more than 9,001 posts :monster:

:Buster sword badge: TLS Creator

A Creator is someone who makes content for the site, whether it’s art, videos, translations, written articles or anything else. You can see what the Creators are working on – and even pitch any of your own ideas – by heading over to the Content Creators Domain.

:FFVII finger badge: Supporter – here to listen

Supporters are always happy to listen to anyone who is having a tough time or just needs someone to talk to. They’re a friendly bunch who want to do what they can to raise everyone else up. If you’re having a hard time, please feel free to drop one of these members a message.

:Meteor badge: Donator

A Donator is someone who supports The Lifestream financially and keeps the site running smoothly. This grants them access to the Donator’s Domain, a separate, private part of the forums. For more information on how you can donate to TLS, please head over to [INSERT LINK TO MAYBE PATREON OR SOMETHING HERE???].

:Masamune badge: Staff Emeritus

Anyone with this badge was a former staff member at some point and we honour their hard work and dedication with this badge and title.

It was just updated and approved by this here forum less than a month ago, in case you were wondering

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
LOL NO!!!!

I mean, I think this is informative, but like we never discussed it from a friendliness point of view, which is what I assumed this thread was about? And like, I love the casual chill tone of the first bit (the bit I didn't write lmao) but like ...? Do you think it's worth there being anything else? Is there any info you wish you'd known when you were brand new that isn't here? Does it seem welcoming enough? Etc, etc, etc.

Like, the discussion we had about it before had a very specific 'yo, is this okay' kinda deal, that doesn't mean we can't all discuss how we wanna be greeting our babies, innit!

Is it the case even with the new forum that new members have to make ten (or is it five?) posts before they can post links and edit their posts? Is there any point when new members are informed of this during the registration process?

Lex

Administrator
The FAQ's desperately need an overhaul for sure. The vast majority of forums will just point a new member to them with a link when they join. Happy to help with updating them.

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
Same! I haven't looked at them in forever but they were useful when I couldn't figure out wtf was up hahaha.
Cool when I'm home at some point let's dig them out and take a look!

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I've seen this message of Crash but I didn't do anything with it beacause I'm lazy and don't really want to be responsible for things like this anymore, :monster:

Carry on, let me know if you need anything from me.

Top Bottom