• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Usernotes?

[quote author=Tennyo link=topic=123.msg1962#msg1962 date=1229216138]
I think someone should implement usernotes post-haste. :monster:

yes/yes?
[/quote]

Agreed. I miss the usernotes...

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
There is one mod for that feature on the SMF mod site, but it's not (yet?) suitable for this version of SMF. I'll aks in the forums if it's going to be made suitable for this version, but don't keep your hopes up.

Also, pay me the $180~something for a vB license and make vB awesome (code and functionality-wise) and I'll install that on here instead, :monster:.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Uh...

Maybe you should set up a PayPal account instead and let everyone donate in little bits. :)

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Perhaps I should, but I cba right now, :monster:. Besides, this site costs me lyk €30 a year on its current host, and unless it gets busier, it'll remain that way for quite a while.

Although I should note that bandwidth consumption for this site is up to 5 GB for this month alone, FFOF got locked out at 13 GB (which was quite a while ago btw, might be quite higher nowadays, but I dunno). But we'll see.

Right now, I can manage financially, so there's no need for donations just yet, :monster:. If a financial injection is needed however, I'll first try to get it done by donations, then if that isn't enough, I'll add ads and whatnot, fgj.

Also, this topic doesn't belong in Active Projects, it's reserved for TLS projects and not forum-specific feature requests, which belong in Suggestions & Questions. movéd.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I was wondering why it hadn't been moved earlier. I didn't noticed the suggestions section when I made this post. :P

But I dunno, setting up donations beforehand might be a good idea. You don't want to find yourself to suddenly be stuck in a bind and desperate. There might not be enough cash flow. Best to save up now IMHO. *is paranoid of another SY repeat*

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
There is that, I'm sure TLS will continue to grow for quite some time, wouldn't be bad if some financial backing was thar.

On that, do you lot want full openness about TLS.net's financial status if this goes through, or do you simply not care? I don't care, that's for sure :monster:.

I'd only care if it was going to be a problem and if you needed help, like Tennyo was saying. I also agree with her that getting donations now might help for problems in the future, cause you never know when money might suddenly become tight, and a whole bunch of us would have wished we could have given a little each to help out.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I don't remember who it was (maybe it was you Yop?), but someone I remember kept offering to buy AC.net. Depending on who it was it may or may not have worked, but why didn't SY ever go for it since she didn't really seem to care by the end?

But yeah, without usernotes people will just be forced to flirt with Tenny on the open forums :-\

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
That was Edman, he's actually got the whole internets businessman act going on.

I'm not sure why she declined his offer(s) though (both buying it and offering his programming / maintenance services at no cost earlier on), I think he explained the buying thing back on FFOF (should look that up), but I'm fairly sure it comes down to SY not trusting anyone with 'her' ACF and Edman being a Latvian cunt that has been involved in quite some dramahz through the years, at least the early ones - he quit caring about the later ones. If the abbreviations LFF or LOCP ring a bell, that would be Edman & co. Past tense btw, relations between the LOCP crew and Edman went down the shitter a few years ago due to I can't remember what.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
[quote author=ForceStealer link=topic=123.msg2353#msg2353 date=1229461870]I don't remember who it was (maybe it was you Yop?), but someone I remember kept offering to buy AC.net. Depending on who it was it may or may not have worked, but why didn't SY ever go for it since she didn't really seem to care by the end?[/quote]

I don't know who this Edman person is that Yop was talking about but I remember Gabriel making many offers as well. He was quite obsessed with the idea for a while.

But yeah, without usernotes people will just be forced to flirt with Tenny on the open forums :-\

I haven't seen you flirt with me yet.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Oh yeah, there was him too. Edman made the offer later, I think.

Either way, both of 'em purchasing the site would lead to better leadership, but probably also the adding of more advertisements (at least Edman would). I'm also inclined to believe that Edman would probably sell it for profit again within a month or so - at least that's what he did for FFRepublic.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Edman's not on horrible terms with LOCP anymore btw, but he barely posts there these days. Then again he barely posts anywhere, and everyone barely posts at LOCP these days.

also, usernotes would be nice.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Plx keep an eye out on this thread, there's a profile comments (=usernotes) mod, but it's not compatible with the current version of the software.

'course, we could just go to vB, fgj.

Top Bottom