• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Valkyrie Anatomia: The Origin

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/04/11/valkyrie-anatomia-origin-announced-square-enix/

20160411_070832_thumb.png

This being a "Valkyrie Profile" game, I had to take notice of it!

Lots of people suggesting this will be a Mobile game, but I don't really care! It's been so long, any news would be good.

And besides, didn't Tri-Ace mention they were doing more Mobile games now?

Let's make this a "catch-all" thread for discussion/optimism/news/info of any kind for this game.

It may not be VP3: Hrist, but it's something! And Launching in Spring no less! :joy:

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
What a rollercoaster!!

I got all excited just seeing the title. It all went down when I saw the logo because it totally looks like a mobile game (sorry folks, I don't like those). Besides, mobile games generally do not come here and Valkyrie Profile is obscure enough to hinder those chances.

I'll be happy they do something else with it but... I was hoping for something really cool on the PS4. *Sigh*

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
the way they worded it sounds a lot like a mobile game, but there's an off chance it might still be a download-only but regular game

i mean, a small chance

given what happens to old revived franchises nowadays

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
At the very least, it may convince me to buy a Tablet, if nothing else. ;)

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
20160414_070411_thumb.png

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/04/1...igin-announced-smartphone-gets-first-trailer/

"Gods…
How long do you plan on continuing such a thing…"

"Do you wish to die?
Ending it… as it is?"

"Then come.
We shall walk ahead of death, together."

"To the strongest heroes out there.
I shall take you in, as an Einharjar."

(I'm not passing judgement until we get some gameplay vids and determine whether or not this has any Pay-to-Play features or not.) :square:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
to be needlessly optimistic, the fact it is subtitled 'the origin' and the trailer showed 'valkyrie automana' on its own sans subtitle makes me think it might be related to another title that's not a smartphone game

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Poop on you Mobile Haters.

There's Mobile emulators for PC you know.

And you guys can always buy a tablet otherwise.

TerraBranfordStrife

Terra + Cloud forever
Do you think this will come out in English? I'm a diehard VP fan and I'll play this on my Android enabled tablet/laptop/thingie if I have to.

Cereal for Dinner

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Sorcerologist
So I've been watching some footage of it on Youtube - yes, I haven't so much as glanced at since it came out in 2016, probably for fear of disappointment, and also because it's in Japanese - and I think it looks fun, but I dislike certain aspects as well.

It has a strong anime aesthetic to it (GET THE ORIGINAL ARTISTS PLEASE), and some gross anime tropes that I don't like: breast physics, panty shots, teen characters, squeaky-voiced women and girls (I was pleasantly surprised that Silmeria doesn't have one). I think this game is an alternate continuity to the original series, and I'm fine with that, since I don't think I'd like the changes they'd make anyway lol.

The combat looks fun, but mostly I get to play lots of my favorite characters from the original games, so I'd play it if it were released in English. I think they're making the same mistakes they've been making for a while now (here I'm referring mostly to the sexualization of the characters; Valkyrie Profile didn't have too much of that and you made this game anyway, so why are you putting that crap in there?) BUT I would overlook its flaws to play as my favorite characters.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
You can't really base impressions on Anatomia alone, I'd wager.

The original VP1 and VP2 are the best of the series, excluding Covenant of the Plume which was a side story to VP1.

Cereal for Dinner

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Sorcerologist
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/656/1656146/

Courtesy of Google translate and a video I saw, here are some things I can guess about The Purged Wizard:

It takes place after Lenneth becomes the creator. Loki did not die, but is sealed in Lenneth's body. Freya and Frei survived and are now assisting Lenneth in her reign. Frei's powers were sealed by Odin and unleashed when he died, and her true appearance is starting to emerge (I hate her redesign, btw.) Hel waged a war against Odin and lost Niflheim as a result. I think Jormungand wants to revive Loki.

Aria was an Artolian war hero who Arngrim served alongside, but Gandar discovered a crime she committed and she was killed as a result. Not sure where Lezard fits in all this.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I'd put that under spoilers, but since it's not translated material, I guess we'll leave it for now.

I see someone put up some videos of Purged Wizard on YouTube. I'll have to watch it.

Just to be on the safe side though, put this info in the generic Valkyrie Profile SERIES thread, so people don't miss out.

Top Bottom