Video game music

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
There used to be a thread for this, but it's gone with my old account.

Bring me your favorite music!

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
insert every track from CC and most of every Silent Hill game

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
insert just about every track from CC, CT, FFVI, FFIX, Secret of Mana and Seiken Densetsu 3

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
All of the Jet Set Radio Future soundtrack. Theme of Laura from Silent Hill 2. Chou from Fatal Frame. The castle theme from Legend of Dragoon, though that's mostly for memories. Main theme from Metal Gear Solid 3. Reach out to the Truth from Persona 4. Gerudo theme from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

I could go on for two years, but I have homework to get to. :awesome:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
oh, I also forgot Shadow Hearts and Star Ocean

till the end of time might just have the proggiest soundtrack ever

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
HELL YES. Shadow Hearts has some awesome music.

Also, Lost Odyssey has some epic music... my faves:

My absolute favorite:

Resonance of Fate:

Last edited:

Gabranth

Banned
"The One Who Bears Fangs at God" seems to just be a slight reworking of the true final boss theme used when you battle Deus.
I like Awakening more.

Anyway, I fould fill this thread with pretty much every track froM Xenogears, Xenosaga (I and III) and a few other JRPGs but there's some other game sthat need more recognition.

Time for some Onimusha.

And if you really want to experience the epicness of the above track, here's the Onimusha Warlords ending where it plays.

And to round it off, how about the theme for the Badass Out of Hell Nobunaga Oda.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
all right time to get some arranged music up in this bitch

I can't believe I forgot Sugiyama. The man may have repulsive political views but damned if he isn't one of the best VG composers ever.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
derp, I forgot the Marathon soundtrack. I can't find any videos of the OST so here's a link to my remixes which you can download from or listen to on last.fm - they're a lot closer to the sound of the original versions than most of the other remixes out there. If you want to label them with the name of the original composer his name is Alexander Seropian. If you want recommendations my favourites are probably New Pacific (Reprise), Splash (Marathon) and What About Bob, although embarrassingly enough the first two of those are two of the most clipped in the entire collection. I may see what kind of magic Audacity's Clipping Repairer can do and see if that makes them sound any better.

Last edited:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
The whole of Lost Odyssey felt to me like this one massive celebration of JRPGs from the past, and Uematsu's work on that game was even more so than anything else in Lost Odyssey.

The tunes are shamelessly contrived but whenever I hear this in the game it's almost always involving Kaim or another main character getting their life completely fucked over (usually someone dying), and WELL YES IT MADE ME CRY. Not quite as powerful out of context, but hey that's how it goes. :monster:

Also, Tekken 6. Tekken music is usually samey, but it does what it does best and keeps it really well-paced and just fun to listen to.

And it's nice to see them taking it in a different direction other than constant kinetic techno (and Hitoshi Sakimoto's work on the campaign mode is also great fun to listen to):

And then there's most of the Final Fantasy soundtracks. I'm a sucker for Gregson-William's work in the Metal Gear Solid series.

By god if this wasn't the most epic thing I've ever heard:

EDIT: Speaking of epic,

This.
For great justice.

Last edited:

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
From the top of my head:

Last edited:

Gabranth

Banned
Oh and since we were talking about RE in the SH thread, Resident Evil has some memorable pieces.

For one, the Outbreak theme. I love it.

Then there's one of my favorite boss music tracks in any horror game

And while RE4 probably had the weakest soundtrack of the main series, this is one of the best area themes in the franchise's history.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Listen to the Biohazard Orchestra pieces, the orchestral arrangements performed at a concert and recorded for an album.

Those are fantastic.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
My favorite Silent Hill tracks. :3

I get chills just hearing this song:

For some reason I love this dude's voice. XD

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I think the obligatory mention of FFVII's Main Overworld theme is in order here. One of the best tracks from the game, imo.

Also, FFIX's overworld theme, "Over the Hills" is one of my favorites as well. Fucking love it to pieces.

Oh, and "Those Chosen by the Planet." The real theme of Sephiroth's that gets overshadowed by One Winged Angel, being blared in almost every single fucking Compilation title ever made. It's a great theme, but Christ. Give it a rest, maybe?

This theme inspires so much foreboding fear, tension, and subtlety than his other theme, which mostly is used as his boss fight music. I so wish they'd included this theme in AC at least. But oh well.

Gabranth

Banned
A bit more obscure but not any less awesome.

Ariel's Lament which is a song I would use to sum up the series. It's majestic, gives you the feel of being on an epic journey and invokes a multitude of emotions. At least for me.

And ya know, even though it is a Final Fantasy, FFII doesn't get a lot of recognition. And when it does, it's usually bad.

But it has some lovely tracks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom