• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

VII Best... Supporting Characters in Final Fantasy || ROUND 1-7

Of the following, which three characters should continue onto the next round?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
And we're off! I encourage everyone not only vote, but to champion the characters that you're voting for. You have 7 days to state your cases. ;)

Link to Previous Poll
Link to Next Poll

For Round 1-7:

zhuyu voghfau byot.png
> The light of the Vermillion Bird. Can freely wield fire!

vs

carla ayatsugi.png
> An entrepreneur who blindsides customers with her sweet disposition.

vs

shelke.png
> A shell of her former self who develops a sense of loyalty. Is older than she looks.

vs

cid haze.png
> An eccentric, airship owner with a dank beard.

vs

wedge.png
> Subservient half of the Biggs and Wedge duo.

Last edited:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I'll go with Shelke, TBH. Her interactions with Vincent were entertaining. She had the glowing blue eyes of SOLDIER that too few in the Compilation do, she made use of Materia in story that way too few in the Compilation do.

Where is the line drawn between "main character" and "supporting character"? What is the actual distinction? I can't determine whether Shelke should be counted as a main character or a supporting character.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Difficult bc it’s a 3rd person shooter. I think of main character as “party member that isn’t a guest” so Larsa and Beatrix would be “supporting.”

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Difficult bc it’s a 3rd person shooter. I think of main character as “party member that isn’t a guest” so Larsa and Beatrix would be “supporting.”

Well Thunder God Cid isn't a guest, but since he can be dismissed, he kinda stop getting scenes the moment he becomes a partymember.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Where is the line drawn between "main character" and "supporting character"? What is the actual distinction? I can't determine whether Shelke should be counted as a main character or a supporting character.

I jotted down the distinction between Protagonists and Supporting in the first thread made about this event.

Protagonist
  1. Must be a main party member/member you can control in battle.
Antagonists:
  1. Must fight at least one of the main party members (aka protagonists).
  2. Must have relevance to the storyline in some significant way (so don't be nomming random encounter enemies please lmao).
  3. Would prefer that they are not underlings of any sort (So, making the distinction between Rufus vs the Turks or the President vs Scarlett).

Supporting Characters:
  1. Basically everyone else haha. So your Dons, your Johnnys, etc.

I went on to state...
When I find time, I'm going to group everyone who's been nominated into the category that they belong to. We can continue to discuss the distinction between these categories and make arguments for who belongs to what. Thank you for your patience.

...before giving posting lists of all the character's current standards.

Did you spot this? Feelsbad to have the categories that characters belong in contested now with the event being live considering we've had nearly a fortnight to discuss this, haha. It's too late to reset the polls for supporting now, but please state your cases for any Protagonists or Antagonists that you see in either list that you think deserves to be moved before this event is over as I'll immediately be working on Antagonists after this event. :)

Note that Jecht and Cidolfus from xii have been moved to antagonist since that list was updated last. :joy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom