• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Vincent x Yuffie - A Laborous Love

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Let's be honest, though I love the thought of Yuffintine, if it were to be - both sides would have to work very hard at making a relationship work, at least, at times.

Vincent Valentine and Yuffie Kisaragi are opposites in their personalities; as someone I cannot recall once stated: "...Seriousness meet Spunk." That sums up Vincent and Yuffie alright. Where Vincent is reticent and hesitant, Yuffie is outspoken and quick to action.

Still throughout it all, I can't help but see that Vincent seems to be very concerned over Yuffie and Yuffie shows great enthusiasm about helping Vincent. Granted while nothing canon has come from Square Enix, if ever will, this group is dedicated to the fact that Vincent and Yuffie are in each other's lives - be it friends or more.

Welcome to the group; if you wish to enter, just state your intent and you'll be in. :)

Rules:

~ Have fun!!! Yes, we're serious about our fandom, but we haven't forgotten this is a video game story, right?

~ No flaming - Please, just be civil, even if there's something about someone you don't like. We all have traits someone else doesn't like.

~ No spamming - Nothing overtly offensive or vulgar. Getting off topic with a 'how are you?' or 'Today, I...' is fine every once in a while, but not constantly.

~ No one word posts - These are fine every once in a while, but not constantly, like with some off topic-ness. Please try to put some substance into your replies.

~ Share any fanarts and fanfiction you've made and/or have found via internet; all submissions are welcome.

Members:

~ Arianna
~ Spirit_chaser
~ Manti
~ YACCBS
~ Aniron
~ Lynn.Reist
~ Celes Chere

* Important!

Posted as a separate message, but also here for future members. Please read!

:monster:

If I may interrupt our regularly scheduled discussion for this announcement:

MakoEyes987 has posted about club thread content, and I wish to just emphasize and make sure everyone knows that I will have to bump up the importance of the 'no one word posts' rule.

We have to try to have some content in these clubs. While I agree discussion is fine, it's not exactly what the moderators and administrators wish here, so we're going to have to keep on topic as much as possible.

If you wish to discuss something off topic, or share fan arts or whatever, that's still fine by me - but I'm going to have to stress on topic dialogue too. Meaning, if you wish to say 'hi' to someone or the group, fine, but please follow it up with something substantial.

Thanks for reading guys. I appreciate it, and please now return to your regularly scheduled (on topic) discussion in progress. ;)

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I used to think this pairing was creepy but then I read a fairly decent fanfic about them and I thought, "Eh, it's not too bad."

Also I liked Sunshine in Winter. :(

spirit_chaser

Pro Adventurer
Yuffentine FTW!

Sing me up, Im a huge fan =D

I used to wonder just how some people could see those two as a couple... before DC came out.
This pairing was just to strange to imagine, but many things in DC made me change my mind about them. I loved the flirting scene and other where Yuffie was stressed out.
I believe SE is going to make them a real couple in the next game ;)

Also I liked Sunshine in Winter. :(

Why a sad "smile"? It was a nice fic I think.
The best one I read, though, is "Sink to the bottom with you". There is also a manga for this fic, which is also fantastic.
Alas, those are both unfinished :(

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Spirit_Chaser, you are in! :) Thanks; sadly, the manga version of Sink is no longer being pursued. :'( The gentleman who was doing it got a break with other original projects and he wishes to endulge in them. As for the original author, she's still going, and actually has worked on some 'fix ups' to the story starting back in chapter one. It's on Fanfiction.com; http://www.fanfiction.net/s/89067/1/ .

Tennyo, do you wish to be a member. I didn't really read any intent in your reply, though I know some people intend when they reply. Just let me know and I'll put you in the member's list. :)

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
I'll admit, I'm largely uninterested in pairings (i.e., I'm not a fanatic fan), but I'm a big fan of both characters. Sign me up. :)

Hmm... I have a funny youtube video somewhere... I'll have to check my links...

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Thanks. :) Well, here it is. I knew I had the link saved in a notepad file, but I couldn't remember which of the youtube links in the file it was. Oops.

The Vincent/Yuffie date scene: [ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DL9WMvUgIPQ&feature=related"]YouTube - Yuffie/Vincent Gold Saucer Date Scene[/ame]

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
:monster:

If I may interrupt our regularly scheduled discussion for this announcement:

MakoEyes987 has posted about club thread content, and I wish to just emphasize and make sure everyone knows that I will have to bump up the importance of the 'no one word posts' rule.

We have to try to have some content in these clubs. While I agree discussion is fine, it's not exactly what the moderators and administrators wish here, so we're going to have to keep on topic as much as possible.

If you wish to discuss something off topic, or share fan arts or whatever, that's still fine by me - but I'm going to have to stress on topic dialogue too. Meaning, if you wish to say 'hi' to someone or the group, fine, but please follow it up with something substantial.

Thanks for reading guys. I appreciate it, and please now return to your regularly scheduled (on topic) discussion in progress. ;)

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
We have an on-topic discussion? Hell, we have a discussion??

Hm, well, one thing we could start with: how did y'all become fans of this pairing? I'll be honest, and say that when I started my FFVII fandom, this was my least favourite pairing, mostly cos it was the most common Yuffie one and I had such a huge crush on Yuffie it's embarrassing to look back on (I believe I once even threatened Vincent when the topic of Yuffentine was brought up in the Yuffie fan club on ACF *cringe*).

However, due to my own maturation (helped by falling in love) and repeated exposure to the pairing in good Yuffentine fanfics (they do exist, I was surprised to learn...), I came to the conclusion that, first, if the characters wanted to be together, all power to them, and later, they could be good for each other.

Sarcasm Orgasm

Lv. 25 Adventurer
If there's a couple I'd die for over Cloti, it'd be Yuffentine. If people take a real good look at it, they would see just how dynamic and capable this pairing is.

Hell, before DoC came out, I had an inkling that Yuffie would have the biggest part of all the pre-existing FFVII characters when it came to interactions with Vincent. I can't really count Reeve because he's very cliche.

I jumped for joy when I heard Yuffie had her part in DoC. Ever since the mysterious ninja girl scans came out, I knew it was her. Absolutely no questions. No doubt in my head.

I never read more fanfiction that those of Yuffie and Vincent.

'Sink to the Bottom With You' anyone?

Anywhoo, pro-Yuffentine for life. <3

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
So, over in ChaosBringers, Reborn!, we were having a discussion regarding various pairings dealing with Vincent Valentine. I ended up typing this out, and thought that I would copy and paste over here for explanation of my views on Vincent x Yuffie. :) ...

"Yes, Vincent Valentine fell in love and still deeply loved Lucrecia Crescent. I understand that.

Still, there's just something about Vincent Valentine and Yuffie Kisaragi, their interactions. Love in some form or not, there's a - flow, for lack of better term. I would say spark, but I know I'd probably get some slack for that. :P I can't say it wouldn't be fitting to think that such a spark is their totally opposite personalities. ;D

In and of herself, I do not have any qualms with Lucrecia. I think she was probably a really decent person, to say the least, and I would have liked her, if this world and the characters were real and I lived there.

Personally, I believe Dirge of Cerberus could have done a lot better with the characters, at least as far as Vincent, Hojo and Lucrecia. This is me, but those three come out bland, at the very least, and irritating. It's hard to place my finger on reasons.

Hojo's nuts, we all know that. Still, he was Lucrecia's husband; like it or not, to me, that's a sacred bond (even if this is one bond made in hell.) Vincent comes across as a busy body, clueless dork who just seemed to have an issue with timing and action. I really didn't like how his younger self was portrayed in DoC.

I don't know - I actually like the idea of Sephiroth being Hojo's son (and am glad it's official.) I guess I felt bad for Hoho, because he is so insane, and he's not the 'looker' of the two men in Lucrecia's life. Two things that are very personal in my life, as well. I find that the only reason people state why Sephiroth could not possibly be Hojo's son is because the former is 'hot' and the latter is 'not.' That thinking pisses me off so much!

Vincent loved Lucrecia, but I guess he never really got to tell her just how much and in what ways he cared for her. I'm glad there was resolution there, at the end of DoC. I am also glad that Lucrecia got to state her own feelings; that she didn't have to keep a lie going forever. I am really happy that it's okay now, between them; I hope Vincent will always come and check in on and keep Lucrecia company for a while, but I pray it won't be as the depressive mopey beanbag he was shown to be in DoC.

I also agree with what some other people (here? I don't think so, but...) have stated: at the end of FFVII, Vincent seemed to be okay with everything. DoC backtracked that a great deal. :(

Personally, I do not believe that pairing Vincent with Yuffie would 'piss on' his character at all. Maybe piss off his character every once in a while per day, but not piss on. ;D I think Yuffie is someone who Vincent needs - that drive to his belief. He needs that! While a calmer personality, such as Lucrecia and/or Shelke, may be more his type in overall comfort, Vincent has to be uncomfortable to get anything done.

So yeah, long live the Yuffinetines! :) I'm gonna copy and paste this onto my Vincent x Yuffie board."

I'm joining this as well. And I've read Sunshine in Winter. I have to admit, it's a real good read. I loved it. Besides CloTi, this is my favortie paring.

Sarcasm Orgasm

Lv. 25 Adventurer
[quote author=xCloud.Skyex link=topic=231.msg23599#msg23599 date=1235667981]
I'm joining this as well. And I've read Sunshine in Winter. I have to admit, it's a real good read. I loved it. Besides CloTi, this is my favortie paring.
[/quote]

Good ol' Sunshine. That fic made me tear up. Definitely on my top 3 fave fics of all time.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Sweet Lord, I'd forgotten this place existed... actually, I'd wondered if I'd killed it...

Anyhow, welcome Sarcasm, CloudSkye. Hope ya both enjoy your time here.

Gotta admit, I never read "Sunshine in Winter". I'm hearing it's good, but how long is it, may I ask?

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
*revives*

Oh, Yuffentine. I love it. I write it, I read it, will occasionally watch youtube vids of it and I could probably write a thesis paper on it. It had never even really occurred to me as a pairing after playing the original game - and then I read Sink and Sunshine in Winter and I was gone. It's a pairing with awesome amounts of potential, having two such different personalities. When it's done right it becomes even more plausible to me than CloTi.

But I have never read a pairing that is so often terribly written. People have a tendency to lock these two in a closet for five minutes and have them coming out all lovey-dovey. Nevermind that Vincent has issues the size of Russia or that Yuffie is, well, Yuffie.

So sign me up! :D

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
*revives*

Oh, Yuffentine. I love it. I write it, I read it, will occasionally watch youtube vids of it and I could probably write a thesis paper on it. It had never even really occurred to me as a pairing after playing the original game - and then I read Sink and Sunshine in Winter and I was gone. It's a pairing with awesome amounts of potential, having two such different personalities. When it's done right it becomes even more plausible to me than CloTi.

But I have never read a pairing that is so often terribly written. People have a tendency to lock these two in a closet for five minutes and have them coming out all lovey-dovey. Nevermind that Vincent has issues the size of Russia or that Yuffie is, well, Yuffie.

So sign me up! :D

Wow! I so second this! :awesome:

I'm a Yuffentine fan (though I kinda appreciate V/L too, but not as much), but it's hard to even discuss it here at TLS because everyone neither indifferent or dislike them as a pairing.

I could't even imagine them together after FFVII and AC, but while playing DC I've started to notice hints here and there, and then my friend recommend me to read "Sink" and then... well, I was gone too. -)

I can understand why people can't see them as a potential couple, but there is a whole army of Y/V fans and it def means something.

Well, going to end the bubbling, I'm just glad there is a fellow Yuffentine fan over here. ^_^

lynn.reist

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Dude. Duuuuuuude.

I'm in. I'm so far in I'm almost out. Like for serious. I've read/written/fantasized about/discussed/argued/fangirled this pairing until I just about killed them (and in a couple of fics, I actually did).

Sure they aren't 100% compatible, but I think that makes it astoundingly womderful and real. Who is really lucky enough to go through life without falling in love with some one who is completely and utterly wrong for them? Not many, thats for sure. I'm a big believer in the concept that even if the relationship falls to shit in the end, the ups and downs and dramas of the time being are devistatingly fun to write for these characters.

Anyway, to sum it up:

SIGN ME UP PLZ K THX.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Count me in, too. While I'm a Vin/Luc fan at heart, I do think this pairing can be quite cute at times. Do I think it's canon? Nope- but when it comes to fanon it can be a really great pair depending on what you yourself imagine, or read from others. I remember reading a really fabulous Yuffentine doujinshi, that had lovely art and a great story to tell between the two of them... I wish I could find it again. U_U If I ever do, I'll post it here.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
While I agree the pairing itself definitely isn't canon, DoC does have some onesided Yuffie/Vincent that could be argued.

As for Lucrecia, I can't say I'm a fan. Not because she's the dread!canon love interest, her character simply annoys me. I blame this on DoC making her bland and irritating (I get it, you're sorry. You can shut up now and do something useful).

Celes, was it the one based off Sink to the Bottom With You? Because that one was very well done, and I think I have a link to it kicking around somewhere....

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Hey, I've been looking for that site, thanks! I read their Tserith one awhile ago and lost the link, but no, this is not the one I am talking about. I actually never got around to reading this one, so now I will! <3

I have always loved Lucrecia and felt bad for her... but her saying sorry constantly in DoC DID get pretty annoying. xD

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Welcome to the club, *deep breath* YACCBS, aniron, lynn.reist and Celes! ^_^ Hope you all enjoy your time with us. *pant, wheeze*

I have to agree at how badly written the pairing can be, which was part of what put me off it at first (along with my own desire for Yuffie...). The worst just have them together with no explanation, which, considering how little they interact in FFVII, is a little off.

However, the good stories can be awesome. Um, I can't remember the exact name, nor do I have a link, but "A Love Story for Manic Depressives" on fanfiction(dot)net

Smaddy

Green Mage
I have to agree at how badly written the pairing can be, which was part of what put me off it at first (along with my own desire for Yuffie...). The worst just have them together with no explanation, which, considering how little they interact in FFVII, is a little off.
Agreed. I think a lot of fanfic writers just have this attitude of "lol, opposites attract!" and think it works.

But then again, it's extremely difficult to find a well-written Vincent fanfic, period, let alone a pairing, and ESPECIALLY in a pairing as odd as Yuffie. I think I've found exactly one fanfic of this pairing that I can tolerate.

Top Bottom