• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Vote for the Most Memorable Moment of the Compilation of FFVII, Round TWO

Which is the most memorable moment in the Compilation of FFVII?

• Zack's death and Cloud inheriting the Buster Sword

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • The death of Aerith in the Forgotten Capital

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Zack's DMW destruction during the final battle against the MPs in CC.

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • The final battle between Cloud and Sephiroth as shown in ACC.

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Tifa helping Cloud piece together his memory in the Lifestream.

• Cloud throwing Sephiroth into the Mako pit in Nibelheim.

• The crossdressing escapade in Wall Market

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • The ending of FFVII where Red XIII appears 500 years later with two cubs looking on a Midgar.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Red XIII learns the truth about his father in Cosmos Canyon and sees Seto cry tears while petrified.

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • The scene where everyone returns to the Highwind after being ordered to determine a reason to fight.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Split between his actual death and the DMW breaking down, probably.

In any case, Cloud throwing Seph's ass into the mako pit needs more votes.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
This whole thing needs more votes, tbh :monster:

I don't see how hard it is to click a box and hit vote.

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
i'm suprised that i've written the most about my moment ;.;
TAKE THAT FANBOYS

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
i'm suprised that i've written the most about my moment ;.;
TAKE THAT FANBOYS

To be honest, I wish you had been the one who nominated that moment so we could've put that write up on the frontpage.

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
If you put the pictures, you can include my awesome write up.
you know you want to

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Well, it'd be nice to have another set of write ups for the results of this tier of voting like yours, but given how many people couldn't even get the write ups done in time, let alone commit to a nomination, I'm afraid of trying it again. Member input is great when they can be reliable and write something that's actually good :monster:

I haven't even heard back from anyone save Ryu, regarding the requirement of images for the moments each member nominated. So yeah. The whole members-contributing-to-the-frontpage idea doesn't seem to have too much going for it save for a few good ones amongst well...the others.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
...Where were you when this project started?! :monster:

Oh well. This won't be the last vote moment we'll be having. We'll be looking at other popular things once this is over. So hopefully you'll be arsed to write something memorable and interesting then too. It'd be great to have your caliber of writing on the front page as well.

As for this one, I'm still waiting on what do with it. Members say they want input but then don't do anything :awesomonster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
As for this one, I'm still waiting on what do with it. Members say they want input but then don't do anything :awesomonster:

Rather accurate picture of the world at large, really. :monster:

As for mine...I'm not sure what other pictures I would get besides the one you did...its like a minute-long scene. The only thing I can even think of is maybe the close up of him looking old.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I haven't even heard back from anyone save Ryu, regarding the requirement of images for the moments each member nominated. So yeah. The whole members-contributing-to-the-frontpage idea doesn't seem to have too much going for it save for a few good ones amongst well...the others.

I'd have gotten with you sooner if I knew the mako pit nomination was actually going to make it into the final four. It's been tied for fourth place for the last several days.

NoenGaruth

That Guy With The Midgar Model
AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada

I'm sorry! :( Just happened that I had a lot of RL shit going down when you wanted the last writeup. If my beloved Wall market scene needs another writeup I'll gladly do one.

pESCAbAdA

Lv. 25 Adventurer
I know my vote didn't really count for much, but the writeup said it best. Tifa helping Cloud piece together his memory was the climax of the game for me. It's when we realize why Cloud wasn't who he was pretending to be thoughout the first half of the game. It's when we find out that Sephiroth was simply putting on a farce at the Northern Cave, maliciously trying to weaken Cloud even further with his lies and making us hate him even more. And it's when we realize Cloud had feelings for Tifa all along, and what probably provided the spark for their moment under the Highwind and then living together after Meteorfall.

Also, the way the Main Theme starts up in the middle during the flashback at the Nibelheim reactor and finally climaxes when Cloud throws Sephiroth into the Lifestream was done absolutely perfectly, the peak of the climax.

Maybe I should've nominated a moment and done one of the writeups lol.

Anyway, I've said my part. And apologies for not breaking the tie, but I'm not gonna let that be up to me haha.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Also, the way the Main Theme starts up in the middle during the flashback at the Nibelheim reactor and finally climaxes when Cloud throws Sephiroth into the Lifestream was done absolutely perfectly, the peak of the climax.

Hell. Yes. I forgot about that and you're absolutely right, that was awesome. Suddenly I wish they had used that in Crisis Core's version :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I wouldn't say CC's version sucked, it was just different.

When compared to the rendition of the *original*, of course it's gonna not measure up. Those are pretty damn big shoes to fill (unless they just did it again), and they were obviously trying for a different depiction and look. Not a copy-paste of it. They wanted to do something new.

On its own I love the CC version. The quiet yet melodic and frantic piano piece that accompanied the carnage was very eerie and fitting for the whole scene. It felt disjointed, foreboding yet peaceful and serene. Which basically fits Sephiroth's entire persona during the Nibelheim Massacre. Disjointed mentally, completely nuts, yet at the same time happy, and at peace, because he's found "mother."

I thought it was a perfect piece to showcase Sephiroth's darker, and insane side. It's not as ZOMG EPIC as FFVII's, but on its own, its very good.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
The foreboding piano fit very well with Sephiroth tearing off the Jenova statue and stuff, but it didn't really fit the more actiony/epicy parts that followed.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I think the piece fit the situation's violent, and utterly insane depiction. You've got Sephiroth going out of his mind, trying to kill and dismember an alien as he calls it "mother," and just when he's about to do his thing, Cloud comes a long, mad with rage and anger, and skewers him.

But that isn't enough, and he lives through a Buster Sword to the back, and then stabs Cloud in the chest.

But THAT isn't enough, and Cloud lives through a Masamune to the chest...AND LIFTS UP SEPHIROTH BY THE VERY SWORD IN HIS CHEST AND FLINGS HIM INTO A MAKO PIT.

I mean, if that isn't utter insanity, and disjointed chaos, I don't know what is.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
You're right, Mako. I guess it just sucks by comparison. XD

The original depiction really caught me up in the moment, though, and the music was part of that.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Damnit, we have a three way tie for fourth place. And it just won't break >_<

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Oh, I just voted. =]
I voted for the DMW destruction during Zack's fight with the MPs.

Zack just seems so indestructable in CC. His DMW started breaking and he experienced all of his most cherished memories, and you knew what was lurking just around the corner...

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
We really need to break this fucking tie, and I don't want to have to put it to another vote.

So if anyone has a quick, fair, and easy way to determine how to break this, it'd be greatly appreciated. I don't think we're gonna get to the 40 mark, and I don't know if it'll even break the tie. So I'm tempted to close this and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom