Vote for the most memorable moment of the Compilation of FFVII.

What is the most memorable moment of the Compilation of FFVII?

• The DC ending with Vincent and Lucrecia in the cave

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • The death of Aerith in the Forgotten Capital

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • Cloud throwing Sephiroth into the Mako pit in Nibelheim

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Tifa helping Cloud piece together his memory in the Lifestream

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Zack's death and Cloud inheriting the Buster Sword

Votes: 37 35.9%
  • Cloud snowboarding through the Gaea's Cliffs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cloud and the others meeting Vincent the first time and him speaking of Lucrecia

• The crossdressing escapade in Wall Market

• The final battle in FFVII between Cloud and Sephiroth in the Lifestream

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • The firing of the Sister Ray while it's hooked up to Midgar, killing Diamond WEAPON.

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • The final battle between Cloud and Sephiroth as shown in ACC.

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • Sephiroth's revival in ACC.

• Zack's DMW destruction during the final battle against the MPs in CC.

Votes: 11 10.7%
  • The Kalm Flashback battle with Cloud and Sephiroth, where they both fought the green dragon.

• The scene where Barret watches Dyne commit suicide in the Corel Prison.

• Red XIII learns the truth about his father in Cosmos Canyon and sees Seto cry tears while petrified.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • The ending of FFVII where Red XIII appears 500 years later with two cubs looking on a Midgar.

• Cid and the others finally launch into space and save the Huge Materia from the rocket.

• The rescue of Aerith from the top floors of the Shinra Building.

• The scene where everyone returns to the Highwind after being ordered to determine a reason to fight.

• Cloud falling from the No. 5 Reactor and crashing through the roof into Aerith's church.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
So, I really think that Zack's Death should be combined in with his DMW decay, because they're really all part of the same scene imo, and it prevents the large possibility of it taking up 2 places in the finals.

X :neo:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
So, I really think that Zack's Death should be combined in with his DMW decay, because they're really all part of the same scene imo, and it prevents the large possibility of it taking up 2 places in the finals.

X :neo:

The two moments are near each other, but both things speak to different ends, really.

Drake says the truth. Even people who have never enjoyed the epicness of Final Fantasy VII know the tragic death of Aerith.

Sure - the Crisis Core when Sephiroth becomes the main antagonist, the moment when Vincent says "Lucrecia...Sephiroth's dead." because the old Sephiroth Anakin-like dead and became Vader-like the villain Sephiroth (and of course because Vincent didn't want her to worry about Sephiroth anymore),

I'm not sure what you're smoking but I gotta start selling it.

the firework scene when Aerith says "Cloud...I want to meet you." or Cait Sith's "That's not fair. Poor Tifa...Cloud's star and Aerith's star!" - all this is epic. But nothing is as famous as the moment when Aerith dies in Cloud's arms because of Sephiroth's judgment.

I really wouldn't call those scenes epic. The only one that comes close is Aerith's death and that's an act of atrocity, not an epic moment.

Last edited:

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
Voted for Zack's death. I haven't seen the CC version yet, but I remember walking into the Shinra basement on the third disc the second or third time I played the game and triggering the scene. I was just wondering around and didn't know there was a scene, so I was really surprised.

That's one of the most awesome memories I have of the game.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
This was tough for me. It came down to 4. Zack's death for making me cry, but theyw ere man tears damnit! Aerith's death because it shocked the hell out of me, being five I wasn't very used to death scenes. Sephiroth's revival, because that sense of 'Oh Shit!' you get when the big bad finally shows up for the big showdown is awesome. Then of course theres the ACC fight between Cloud and Sephiroth, easily the most epic one on one fight I've ever seen.
In the end I couldn't pick one because they were all so good to me, so through a series of coin tosses I voted for Aerith's death.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
For me, it falls between Zack's death (CC version), Sephiroth's advent in AC/ACC, the scene where everyone returns to the Highwind near the end of FFVII, and Cloud beating Sephiroth in Nibelheim -- original FFVII presentation of said scene, thank you very much.

The first and last of those in particular is hard to choose between, but I think I'm going to go with the revelation from Nibelheim. It solved the game's big mystery, and was just such an all around well-directed scene, despite how many limitations there were for the developers then.

I agree with Ryushikaze -- they're separate events, just like Sephiroth's resurrection in AC/ACC is separate from the final battle of AC/ACC, despite one leading directly into the other.

By the way, Mako Eyes, small nitpick: Cloud and the team snowboarded at the Great Glacier, not Gaia's Cliffs.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
The 500 years after, most def. This is probably THE scene that overlooks the entire compilation. I say this because thematically, it also is the scene I feel represents FF7 the most. Midgar being covered in forestry, children laughing, Nanaki (who despite outliving his comrades) looking over this spectacle proudly with his cubs - everything conveyed in this scene can be attributed to each of the titles in one way or another.

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
Nobody votes for DC's ending scene... including me.
Not that I'm very sad over it... :awesome:

Neutron Ronnie

From The Front of Armament
AKA
Powerslave
I voted for Aerith's death... and am just a little surprised that it is being overtaken. I thought Aerith's death would win hands down. :monster:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Well I have to go with Sephiroth revival in ACC, biggest "oh, **** me" moment ever. I just realised we don't have Tifa finding Cloud in Mideel frankly, that made me cry more then any of the other stuff combined.

ZakuReno

Lv. 1 Adventurer
The only scene which made me cried was the whole ending of CC including the DMW scene of Aerith but I think I'll still stick to Zack's death scene

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
It's funny, when this whole thing started, I also thought Aerith's death would easily take it. Reading the list of options though, it really struck me: there are a lot of truly memorable moments aren't there?

I was trying to decide between Red XIII and his father, the lifestream event, Cloud throwing Sephiroth in the mako reactor in Nibelheim, and the party coming back together to strike Sephiroth down. I made my decision, but still I think any other event could still qualify. Lots of good memories here :awesome:

Cetra29

Final Fantasy Freak
AKA
Cetra, cetra1, Cetra29, Sephiroth
I'm not sure what you're smoking but I gotta start selling it.

Yeah, that's your only possibility to answer me.

What's epic in Final Fantasy VII is my own opinion and you can't do anything about it, my dear friend.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
I wonder if people are voting for Zack's death over Aerith's just to spite me...

In all seriousness though, Zack has an advantage over Aerith called "time". It's been 10 years since Aerith died in those blockly graphics, Zack died a few years ago in high-quality graphics.

Cetra29

Final Fantasy Freak
AKA
Cetra, cetra1, Cetra29, Sephiroth
In all seriousness though, Zack has an advantage over Aerith called "time". It's been 10 years since Aerith died in those blockly graphics, Zack died a few years ago in high-quality graphics.

Time is an advantage for Aerith as well.

Aerith's death is more famous than Zack's. Of course Zack's death scene - the Crisis Core scene, not the original - was made very sad, but before Crisis Core came out, Zack was just a side-character - you don't know that much about him. You know something about him when you understand all of the story, but Aerith is the female main character (whoever thinks Tifa is the main character - I don't care, for me both are the female main characters) and (usually) people have seen her dying before Zack.

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
Come to think of it... you're most probably right, Drake.

I still hope for SE to remake FFVII so we'll get Aerith's death in better graphics.
And if they do, then we'll have another poll. ;)

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Yeah, that's your only possibility to answer me.

Yes, because you're rambling incoherently.

What's epic in Final Fantasy VII is my own opinion and you can't do anything about it, my dear friend.

Epic is not synonymous with 'I like it', Cetra.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Epic

All the scenes you mention lack epic elements.

And drake, it's not the graphics, but the expectations. In the case of CC, Zack's death if a foregone conclusion. Secondly, his death is his perspective. A person reflecting as they lay daying tends to be most memorable.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
You know, with the hugely skewed results we're getting now, we my have to have a run-off just to find the top 10. Too many nominations are only getting 1 or zero votes.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
I voted the very end of the game, where Red XIII and his two cubs are running up to the edge of the cliff overlooking Midgar grown over with new life. Consequently, also the beginning of Advent Children (Complete).

Zack's death and the inheritance of the Buster Sword by Cloud is a close second.

There are many scenes that are very eventful and memorable - Aerith dying, the crossdressing escapade, the final battle between Cloud and Sephiroth. Many others listed above, as well as some not listed, too.

Still, I decided the very end scene because of the hope it represents.

Smaddy

Green Mage
I voted the very end of the game, where Red XIII and his two cubs are running up to the edge of the cliff overlooking Midgar grown over with new life. Consequently, also the beginning of Advent Children (Complete).
They even subtly reference the '500 Years Later' scene in Red's OTWTAS story, which I thought was a cool little touch.

NoenGaruth

That Guy With The Midgar Model
AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
The fact that I'm the only one so far who has voted for the cross-dressing scene makes me lose faith in the members on this forum :monster:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom