• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Vote for the most memorable moment of the Compilation of FFVII.

What is the most memorable moment of the Compilation of FFVII?

• The DC ending with Vincent and Lucrecia in the cave

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • The death of Aerith in the Forgotten Capital

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • Cloud throwing Sephiroth into the Mako pit in Nibelheim

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Tifa helping Cloud piece together his memory in the Lifestream

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Zack's death and Cloud inheriting the Buster Sword

Votes: 37 35.9%
  • Cloud snowboarding through the Gaea's Cliffs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cloud and the others meeting Vincent the first time and him speaking of Lucrecia

• The crossdressing escapade in Wall Market

• The final battle in FFVII between Cloud and Sephiroth in the Lifestream

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • The firing of the Sister Ray while it's hooked up to Midgar, killing Diamond WEAPON.

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • The final battle between Cloud and Sephiroth as shown in ACC.

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • Sephiroth's revival in ACC.

• Zack's DMW destruction during the final battle against the MPs in CC.

Votes: 11 10.7%
  • The Kalm Flashback battle with Cloud and Sephiroth, where they both fought the green dragon.

• The scene where Barret watches Dyne commit suicide in the Corel Prison.

• Red XIII learns the truth about his father in Cosmos Canyon and sees Seto cry tears while petrified.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • The ending of FFVII where Red XIII appears 500 years later with two cubs looking on a Midgar.

• Cid and the others finally launch into space and save the Huge Materia from the rocket.

• The rescue of Aerith from the top floors of the Shinra Building.

• The scene where everyone returns to the Highwind after being ordered to determine a reason to fight.

• Cloud falling from the No. 5 Reactor and crashing through the roof into Aerith's church.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
I don't understand how Aerith's death isn't in the far lead. I'm not sure everyone is considering the word "memorable" fairly. It doesn't mean "which scene still makes you cry?" or "which scene was the most cinematic?" or even "which scene did you like the best?"— all factors that most of the replies on this thread are speaking to.

What makes a scene memorable then?

If that many people truly found Zack's death more memorable than Aerith's death, then I have to wonder how many people voting actually played CC before FF7. If you played FF7 first, and played it when it was new, Aerith's death was a tragic shock, and Zack's death was a nice portrayal of something we already knew happened for 10 years.

Not everyone should or would feel this way. Like in my case -- I've played FFVII when it first came out, same as CC -- and I still consider Zack's death more memorable. Even though I knew it was going to happen, it was still a great deal of shock.
I didn't cry at Aerith's death, even though I was only 12-13 back then.

sheens

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Sheens, Mooglet
I don't understand how Aerith's death isn't in the far lead. I'm not sure everyone is considering the word "memorable" fairly. It doesn't mean "which scene still makes you cry?" or "which scene was the most cinematic?" or even "which scene did you like the best?"— all factors that most of the replies on this thread are speaking to.

If that many people truly found Zack's death more memorable than Aerith's death, then I have to wonder how many people voting actually played CC before FF7. If you played FF7 first, and played it when it was new, Aerith's death was a tragic shock, and Zack's death was a nice portrayal of something we already knew happened for 10 years.

Aerith's death is one of the most memorable moments from any RPG. If it wasn't, you wouldn't be so tired of seeing/hearing about it. And the poll really isn't asking which scene is the freshest and most novel approach to depicting a death scene.

Or it could be that people are treating it fairly, and just find something more memorable.

Anyway, I'm choosing Zack's DMW destruction. Because I connected more with him, and it, as I'm sure someone said before, was clever to used the DMW as a device that actually reacted to emotions and kept him alive. That and I cried at this death and not Aeris'.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Okay, the initial voting is done.

The top 6 winners are:

Zack's death and Cloud inheriting the Buster Sword

The death of Aerith in the Forgotten Capital

Zack's DMW destruction during the final battle against the MPs in CC.

The final battle between Cloud and Sephiroth as shown in ACC.

Tifa helping Cloud piece together his memory in the Lifestream.

Cloud throwing Sephiroth into the Mako pit in Nibelheim.

Now, I'm going to make a new poll for the other moments that didn't achieve a significant number of votes to fully rank them in order of their popularity. I'm going to leave that poll open for 3 days. So please everyone, VOTE so we can get this done properly and not have anymore ties and shit. :monster:

S and G

FFVII books and stuff
AKA
MJ Gallagher

Aerith's death is one of the most memorable moments from any RPG. If it wasn't, you wouldn't be so tired of seeing/hearing about it. And the poll really isn't asking which scene is the freshest and most novel approach to depicting a death scene.

Hear hear.

Aerith's death got my vote too. I reckon this would have been a tad fairer if the vote was made ten years from now when the dust had settled on the Crisis Core scene just as it has with Aerith.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and that's fair enough, but I agree with Ravynne that some voters have maybe not thought about their answer as much as they perhaps should have.

But, in the grand scheme of things, what does it really matter? We all know that Ondore will lie about the outcome anyway...

I knew Aerith's death was coming, and I didn't cry.
I knew Zack's was coming, and I cried anyway.
I also cried at the scene between Dyne and Barrett.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom