• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Wait for the Wheel (BlazBlue/FFVII)

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
This is just the first draft of an idea I mentioned in the "What Makes Your Day" thread. The basic premise is that the characters from the BlazBlue universe get dumped in post-Dirge FFVII.

This initial match-up is Cloud vs. Terumi
AKA Hazama
. Finding a reason for him to launch straight into combat was hard... *shrug*

Future match-ups include Cloud vs Ragna, Tifa vs Bang, Vincent vs Valkenhayn, Yuffie vs Noel, and Nanaki and Rachel having tea.

Feel free to count the references Terumi makes.

The wheel of fate is turning... rebel one... FIGHT!

==================================​

“Aww, c’mon, blondie! Don’t give up on me. This is getting fun!”

Cloud gritted his teeth and glared at the man in front of him. A predatory grin was visible below the peak of his hat, splitting his face from one side to the other. Bangs of green hair hung like a curtain around his face.

The man’s lips pursed with exaggerated reflection. When he spoke, his voice dripped with false disappointment.

“Aww, is that it? Are you even less of a bitch than Raggy the wonder pup?”

The man had appeared out of nowhere in the middle of Edge. This soon after the Omega Incident, tensions were running high amongst the WRO troops patrolling the streets. If their natural reaction hadn’t been to raise their guns to cover him, suspicious of Tsviet involvement, Cloud wasn’t sure how things could have gone. However, the moment they had raised their guns, the man had by all reports chuckled to himself, and begun slaughtering them. Cloud was the first of the ‘heroes of the Jenova War’ (and how he cringed to be called that…) on the scene, and so had the dubious misfortune of challenging the stranger.

The man’s twin butterfly knives flickered through his hands again, compulsively. Cloud’s eyes narrowed as he remembered a half-forgotten former ally. The long black coat fluttered in the breeze. That brought back less pleasant memories.

Realising that he couldn’t fight his opponent freely in the middle of the populated city, Cloud drew him out towards the ruins of Midgar. They had just reached the slums of sector four when the man landed a telling hit on Cloud, driving him to the ground.

“Just getting my breath back,” Cloud muttered, before launching a scorching fire attack at the gangly man. For his part, the man tumbled out of the way like a rag doll acrobat.

“Ooh, an Ars!” the man said, the vicious grin back. “I don’t know how you did that… there isn’t that much seithr here. Tell me, go on.”

“I don’t know what an Ars is,” Cloud said, swinging his blade at the man, who once again dodged the attack like it was a game.

“Not an Ars, huh?” the man muttered to himself, parrying Cloud’s swings with flickering movements from his butterfly knives. “So I’m not on Earth any more… hmm, yes, it makes sense. No settlement would be this close to the ground, because of the seithr-- and there’s no seithr! But wait, there’s something like it…”

His lips sneering, Cloud brought his sword in under his foe’s guard with as much force as he could muster. The man facing him was hurled backwards, a puff of dust marking his terminus.

Cloud watched, tensely. He knew this wasn’t over; the ease with which that man had countered his blows before made it clear that he wouldn’t be beaten so easily.

There was a gasp from the plant-covered rubble.

“O-- oh no…” the man said, aghast, before his voice filled with fake anguish. “I do believe you killed my hat!” The dust billowed again as the man sped from the building wreckage he had landed in, and Cloud felt a small amount of vindictive pleasure at seeing he had nicked his opponent’s hat.

Cloud side-stepped the attack, and began drawing him deeper into Midgar, towards the few spires still standing after his last clash with Sephiroth and Vincent’s clashes with Deepground and Omega. It was the lattermost of those threats that accounted for all the greenery around him. Not for the first time, Cloud regretted that Aerith wasn’t here to see the transformation that had happened.

A clod of earth flew up beside him, as one of his opponent’s attacks narrowly missed him. Cloud pulled his thoughts back to the immediate.

“GET OVER HERE,” the man growled deeply, before cackling.

Cloud leapt up into one of the high-rises still standing, his opponent following.

“Ouroboros, extend!” he cried, a metallic snake head appearing on a long chain. Cloud gaped and dodged, just as the jaws of the snake gouged into the floor where he had stood.

Cloud blessed Reeve’s decision to re-equip the Jenova War veterans with materia in the aftermath of Deepground’s atrocities. His opponent let out a little ‘whoa’ as he dodged behind a pillar away from a bolt of thunder magic.

And so the confrontation continued throughout the building, slowly gaining altitude. Occasionally, one or the other of them would land a glancing hit on their opponent, but the main victim of the attacks was the skeletal tower. The structural damage from Meteorfall, along with the damage sustained during the skirmishes with Deepground, was compounded by this latest assault on the building’s integrity. It began to creak ominously.

Cloud scowled as he reached the roof.

“Aww, run outta building?” the man taunted as he bounded up behind Cloud. “Where ya gonna run now, champ?”

Cloud took a deep breath and leapt towards a neighbouring building. He wouldn’t make it, he knew, not unaided.

Twirling in midair, Cloud faced his grinning opponent, who was already flexing his knees in preparation to follow him. Cloud had had enough. The annoyance of this man, coupled with the minor injuries he’d suffered during the fight, had pushed him to his limit.

The man’s face changed slightly as Cloud’s blade began to glow, freezing in mid-crouch.

“NYAAAHA!” Cloud cried as he brought his sword down in an arc, unleashing a Blade Beam too quickly for his foe to dodge. It impacted into the roof of the building as it impacted with the man, and sent him down several floors. Cloud narrowly reached the neighbouring building, the recoil of the attack managing to propel him a couple extra yards.

As the rubble began to settle on the third floor below the roof, the creaks and groans of the building reached a crescendo.

“Oh, crap,” the man muttered, glaring up at Cloud as he detangled himself from the rubble. With that, the floor gave way, followed by the floor below, followed by the floor below. One of the collapses destroyed a load-bearing wall, causing more debris to fall inward. Some of the outer walls began to cave in.

Cloud watched dispassionately as the building collapsed in on itself. It made more of a memorial than his opponent deserved.

Top Bottom