Wait Guys, WE STILL WANT TO REMAKE IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
In a new interview, Final Fantasy XIII director Motomu Toriyama has expressed his interests in creating a Final Fantasy VII remake. Although Yoshinori Kitase, producer of Final Fantasy XIII has already expressed his concerns in bringing the game’s towns to high-definition, and Nomura has said development hasn’t begun on a remake, it looks like Square Enix staffers still want to create it.
“I’m really interested to see this more complete form of Final Fantasy VII portrayed more realistically with the voice and animation and all the suttle expressions there,” Final Fantasy XIII director Motomu Toriyama said. “I’d be interested to see that and to make that, it would be a great experience. I don’t get tired of people asking that question, so I’ll continue to answer my thoughts as long as people keep asking.”

http://scrawlfx.com/2010/02/toriyam...see-a-more-complete-form-of-final-fantasy-vii

lol?

Althea

Pro Adventurer
AKA
myfinalheaven
^^Awesome, if they made a remake I would definitely buy it. Although, it seems that the main creators are against the idea. It really seems so counter intuitive, AC introduced a plethora of new fans to the game and I can't speak for all the old fans, but I would definitely buy it if it became available. I would love to freely explore the FFVII world in that graphic quality..

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
SE needs to stop acting like a bride choosing between the pink and lavender flowers and just say 'YES THIS REMAKE WILL BE MADE' or 'NO FUCK YOU'.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I want Toriyama to stay the fuck away from my FFVII. He can go direct another FF and do what he pleases.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
So some staff members want to remake it some don't. This doesn't mean it's going to be remade any time soon .

Ghost X

Well, I'd say a remake is still at least 2 years away if they haven't even started work on it. Hopefully it'll become like Duke Nukem Forever.

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
I want Toriyama to stay the fuck away from my FFVII. He can go direct another FF and do what he pleases.

BAWWWWWW.

I just want a yes or a no.
Actually, I'd rather have a no, because by the time this would come out, I wouldn't be dossing around with my life.

Smaddy

Green Mage
"it's a woman's prerogative to change their mind..."

I'll stick to my opinion of: I would like to see it be remade, BUT I would want it to be mainly a graphics update. Then they could retranslate and correct grammatical errors, but I wouldn't want them going back and retconning the hell out of it. (Though that's highly possible.)

Finally, adding in some additional sidequests and dungeons would be interesting. I had said in another thread that, just as an example, when you go to get the Materia with your special Chocobo, rather than just walking into the empty cave and picking up the materia, perhaps it could be a dungeon to explore instead?

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Then they could retranslate and correct grammatical errors, but I wouldn't want them going back and retconning the hell out of it.

Wouldn't it be irresponsible to not update the current narrative to at least allude to all of the shit that SE has added to the setting/timeline/events in the Compilation?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Although I have to say with all this buzz about a remake happening or not happening... it does make me wonder if something's up.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
This shit is hilarious. That is all.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Wouldn't it be irresponsible to not update the current narrative to at least allude to all of the shit that SE has added to the setting/timeline/events in the Compilation?

I think they could probably do that with only some minor changes from the original version.

This shit is hilarious. That is all.

Which part, the article, or our reactions?

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
Seifer Almasy, DanielReturns
The main issue I have always had with ideas of "remakes" is that they can sometimes destroy the game. Twin Snake's did everything I did not want it to. With graphical power comes responsibility and I honestly can't see them sticking to a proper remake with a few improvements. What we will get is 100 hour cutscenes with Sephiroth and Cloud flying through the air. Some might like that but I think that kind of thing destroys a game. They also won't altar some of the translation errors which have now become canon. The only good thing from my pov would be the better dialogue translation, but by the time they get round to doing it, we will have done it and in parts much better than they ever will. I just hope that if they do remake it, that they stick to the main plot. No retcons, no messing with the core plot or make up. ---if this post is in 1 huge mess, again that is not my fault.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
I just don't care.

Maybe I will once they make up their fucking mind.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
It's pretty damn ridiculous, really.

They should just shut up about the issue instead of being like "We're not making a remake. BUT MAYBE WE WILL. But actually it's too difficult. BUT WE STILL LIKE TO DO IT. Fans and staffers alike want it. BUT IT'S NOT GONNA BE MADE ANYWAY."

The remake has become a running joke. :P

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
The worst part about this whole thing is that Japanese developers pretty much make themselves unavailable to their Western audiences, so we can't call them out on their bullshit.

At least with games like Mass Effect (where the writers/character designers/art directors/gameplay editors sometimes DIRECTLY ANSWER fan questions on their message boards), or games like Assassins Creed 2 (which, due to listening to their fans and the players, is an improvement on almost every single flaw in the first game to the point of crazyness), or Fallout (the first two games had an Ultimania like book(s) comprised almost entirely of written in, fan questions about the game world, setting, and characters) we can't voice our opinions to them at all.

I'm not expecting direct answers to the mysteries of FFVII on a message board from Nomura or whatever, but at least make yourselves available to your western audiences, considering we drop cold hard cash on your games just like your Japanese audience does.

It's part of the reason why Western games are becoming more popular, because the people who make the games aren't so fucking inaccessible.

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I'd rather they remake it and improve upon an already great game rather than not out of fear of butthurt purist fans.

You can't "ruin" what FF7 was. It will always be FF7, a remake won't change that.

That said I can live without, especially if it'd go the way of 13.`

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I'd rather they remake it and improve upon an already great game rather than not out of fear of butthurt purist fans.

You can't "ruin" what FF7 was. It will always be FF7, a remake won't change that.

Agreed. However, a legitimate fear with remakes is that their 'canon' logically overrides the canon for the original game. A badly botched remake of a game, film, or whatever has the potential to seriously fuck the canon of a fictional world/setting up.

It's one thing it a remake was feared because the battle system might be bad, but it's entirely justified if fans are wary of a remake because of the possibility of SE fucking up the canon irreversibly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom