Wait Guys, WE STILL WANT TO REMAKE IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Yeah I didn't see it either. But I always felt like I'd enjoy XII a LOT more with the job system.
Btw, the ZJS for the int. release of XII suuuuucks.

Kinda like the Expert Sphere Grid in FFX Int.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Nope. Never even crossed it. If they were making one, I expected they'd tell us so we'd know to be excited or pissed off about it well in advance.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Yeah, I forget what the difference was, but I remember reading about it because I was thinking about getting XII Int.

From a guide on gamefaqs (Differences/Extras Guide by Split Infinity):

"Shortly after accepting Rogue Tomato hunt from Tomaj, you can start tinkering
with learning the licenses in order to improve your chrs. But what's that...
instead of one big LB there are *twelve* LB! Each LB represents a job in Zodiac
Job System (also note that shape of each LB is roughly the same as respective
zodiac sign).

The jobs at your disposal are: white mage, dragoon, machinist, red mage,
knight, monk, time mage, breaker, archer, black mage, samurai and thief.

Once you choose a job, *you cannot change it*! This is very important to take
into consideration, so think twice before choosing a job. Of course, you can
choose not to select any job and play the game that way, but it'll be extremely
challenging and you'll be missing out on bonuses from jobs."

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Also, c'mon. They could have just been saying that. Which is what everyone figured was the case.

Vendel

Banned
Nope. Never even crossed it. If they were making one, I expected they'd tell us so we'd know to be excited or pissed off about it well in advance.

Please. Like a remake would be a big deal. Now a press conference about the final answer to the LTD? And the Q/A session afterward where they give their in depth reasoning? THAT would be big news.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
They likely believed that themselves at the time.

In any case, a statement about whether their primary product -- that they're pouring most of their resources into -- won't be appearing on a particular system is rather different from denying the existence of their primary product that they're pouring most of their resources into.

Again, though, did we really have a reason to think they weren't being straightforward? Seems like if they wanted to dangle the possibility in front of us they'd have said nothing and just gone on with the rest of the show.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Well, that much we agree on. XD

Around that time, I actually saw quite a few people posting links to reports that "We have no plans to do a remake at this time" and interpreting that it meant one was in production. Not joking.

'Course, that was on GameFAQs, so maybe I shouldn't be too surprised.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I like GameFAQs. :monster:

There, I've actually had some of the best discussions and debates that I've ever had anywhere.

Man, if it doesn't draw out the stupid, though.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I'm with you, Tres. They said they weren't remaking it so I also assumed they weren't. xD Seemed like common sense to me... that they would torture fans a bit. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom