Warcraft “Reign of Chaos” series

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I loved the RTS Warcraft games, and I’m very jealous of WoW’s luscious cutscenes — especially the expansions scenes, which unfold like great movies. You can’t do that with Warcraft III without doing a full playthrough. Apparently I’m not alone in lamenting that, I know some ppl gearing up for WoW classic who are hungry for the lore and characters without having to watch lengthy lets plays. Looks like our prayers have been answered:

Introducing Warcraft: Reign of Chaos by José Barrios Villarroel, a fan-made machinima of the Warcraft III storyline in the style of WoW’s cutscenes, using the original voice tracks and SFX from the 2002 game but with 2018 tech (and over a decade of WoW music to imbue its scenes with drama and scope). ‘Season 1’ is actually a 30-minute episode that encapsulates the first few missions of Warcraft III, originally released as 10 shorts (he released them scene by scene, then as a batch when the episode was done).

Sharing partly because I am impressed, and partly because I want this guy to reach as big an audience as possible so that he can finish it :) He’s already two clips into “season 2” and I’m hot with anticipation. You don’t need to know anything about Warcraft, this show is actually the perfect starting place for anyone who wants to get into the world.

What do y’all think?

Top Bottom