Warframe

Not expecting this thread to really go anywhere, but fuck it.

Always saw this hanging around, but never really looked into it any. Recently I've been hearing a lot about it though, so I decided to check it out. I'm... kindof shocked at how well it does things, and how much interaction the developers have with the fanbase.
They have devstreams every fortnight, where they talk about future updates, interact with the fanbase, and in general just be pretty damn open about what's going on. The game is a completely different beast from what it originally started out as, since they pay attention to the players, and make adjustments accordingly. For example, someone found a bug which allowed them to zip across the map at lightning speed, the devs saw that people were really responding to that, so they added in a hyper mobility option. They also do a stream every tuesday where they answer questions, do giveaways, play with fans, and (in the case of this weeks) talk about the newest update that dropped.

The actual game tho, is a loot shooter. You work your way through planets collecting resources, blueprints, parts, etc in order to build new Warframes (different classes basically), weapons, and gear. The more warframes and weapons you upgrade, the higher your rank, the more stuff you gain access to.
It's a grindy type game, but it doesnt really feel like it. Most missions, outside of defense where you can choose to opt out after a set number of waves, or do another set, shouldn't take much longer than 10 min, or less.
It tells you the basics, but there's a LOT of stuff you're going to have to look up, or figure out for yourself. It's not the best system, but once you learn things it's not that rough.

I dunno, I've just been really into this the past 2 weeks. My only real complaint, is that it's kindof difficult to find out what warframes you're actually able to get. Like, right now I have access to just under half the planets, more or less. I have to look up each warframe online, check the components that make them, then check to see if those materials are available to me on the planets I have access to.
But I'm loving playing this. It gives me that "just one more mission" mindset.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
That... sounds properly awesome. I know some friends who've been into it, and (Overwatch notwithstanding) I've never really done many shooter games, but I might check it out, or at the very least float it by the missus since that genre was always her jam.

I do have to say that everyone I've heard talk about it only ever has WONDERFUL things to say about it, which is definitely telling after such a long time being out.

X :neo:

If you or the missus does check it out, think about watching a (recent) beginners guide on YouTube. It can help you from feeling overwhelmed by things you don't understand. Especially the movement. It changes how the game is played.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yeah, just play it, it's self explanatory :monster:

I played a bit of it, it's a bit er, depressing? in terms of style, but maybe that's just me trying to get used to the somewhat outlandish style.

This one's not too bad. Gives you a decent summary of some stuff I wish I had known going in. The sequel video is also very useful

I never got a depressing vibe, but it does do things quite different than most games. In terms of art style, and what narrative is there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom