Was Tifa ever a Turk in early Drafts? 3 Saints of the Promised Land?

waw

Pro Adventurer
Hey all. I've once read in an early development page that Tifa was once meant to be a Turk/spy in the party. It was once on the FF wiki and I can't find it since. Is this somewhere in the Ultimania I'm missing?

In addition, you've likely seen the Early Character Relationship Chart. Reno was bald, Rude had an eye patch. It seems in that chart that Vincent's avatar was used for Sephiroth. There's three beings there that lead to the Promised Land. Were these the same 3 Saints that were once planned in Nanaki's story?

I find it funny that one was named Gandalf/Gandof and we later get G- running around....

You can see the chart here:
https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII_development

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I don't think so? She was one character with Aerith (with Tifa design) and they split them and their roles in 2, she was always meant to be Cloud's childhood friend from the start. I've never seen that claim anywhere, but I may have missed old interviews.

Sephiroth had Vincent's design and was meant to be Tifareth's lover or brother in early development, that is why they both have red eyes and look kind of alike. Then Vincent became his own character detached from Sephiroth, Aerith or Tifa.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I don't think so? She was one character with Aerith (with Tifa design) and they split them and their roles in 2, she was always meant to be Cloud's childhood friend from the start. I've never seen that claim anywhere, but I may have missed old interviews.

Sephiroth had Vincent's design and was meant to be Tifareth's lover or brother in early development, that is why they both have red eyes and look kind of alike. Then Vincent became his own character detached from Sephiroth, Aerith or Tifa.

IIRC, it went Brother, then Ex, then how we now know it. Also at one point the plot had more in common with Parasite Eve than FF7.

Top Bottom