• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

We Need Site Staff (Front Page and YouTube)

Lex

Administrator
Why hello,

I don't know if you've noticed but we're kind of leaking staff all over the place. In the past year Pixel has left and our YouTube activity has been nil. The podcasts have died off, and now Flint has left (Flint was working on a number of things).

Consider this an open letter to TLS:

Who wants to take ownership of these areas and push content? Or just get involved? We need you.

I'd like to take this opportunity to offer a full and unreserved apology to Vyzzuvazzadth, who had expressed an interest both in appearing in the podcast (we haven't had one since January) and joining a YouTube team for TLS, which I haven't recruited for yet. I was poor at getting back to you because in these areas we've been aimless without our main drivers present. It's time to find new ones.

People, TLS needs your help. We have a lot of fresh blood around here and I want you all to know that you're wholeheartedly welcome to contribute content and ideas to the site. It's time for us to get back to who we are and create the way only TLS can.

Please post here to discuss even if you don't want to get involved in front end stuff. TLS has always been a scrum and everyone's ideas are valued.

We need:

- People to drive YouTube content (ideally a team)
- Someone to manage the podcasts
- Technical front end staff
- Writers (editorials, submit your own content/ musings)

Thanks for listening <3

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I've already expressed what I want to do, but I actually have to learn, so that starts tonight actually. If you have any recommendations on a starting project to orient myself, that'd be appreciated. And of course I'm open to full time podcasting duties now that school is over, though we'll need Tennyo and likely a third person incase either of us have our hands full. My window of freedom basically ends in September.

On the Vyzz front, he's been awal for a while. We collabed (Well, I helped a little anyways) on a project, but he's been quiet on it since I submitted my part for him to work with. I think it's time I give him a poke.

Last edited:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I&#8217;d like to be part of a team for the Youtube front, whether with Vyzz, Chip or both. I helped Pixel put together summaries on the previous Lets Play VII entries on the channel as well as played around with a chronological trailer when we got that most recent remake gameplay. I fancy myself a pretty good editor and writer but my mic is standard at best on the laptop (and I detest my voice) :monster:

I&#8217;d like to put together some new content and work with someone on ideas and hopefully get someone else with a nice voice to provide.

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
Good stuff already folks, please keep chatting (and get involved new folk!). I'm heading to bed for the night so don't think I'm ignoring anything, I'll be on this as soon as I've finished work tomorrow <3.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Exactly the same as Channy. I wouldn't mind throwing myself back into this and being integrated into a YouTube Team.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
@Chip: If you want to collab on converting some "The Potential Of" articles into a YouTube content format like you'd mentioned before, I'd be up for working on that with you in little bits even though that's not a format that I'm too familiar with. Hopefully it'd make for an easy way of linking content back to the site to kick things off if that's a thing you're still interested in doing.

X :neo:

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
@Chip: If you want to collab on converting some "The Potential Of" articles into a YouTube content format like you'd mentioned before, I'd be up for working on that with you in little bits even though that's not a format that I'm too familiar with. Hopefully it'd make for an easy way of linking content back to the site to kick things off if that's a thing you're still interested in doing.

X :neo:

Absolutely. Until I get the hang of the software, having specific goals is gonna be best.

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
I have no real knowledge of anything more than the basics of YouTube, know nothing about technical stuff, and lack the equipment for podcasts, but I pride myself on being a damn good writer. With Summer having officially started for me today, I'm going to be having quite a bit of free time for quite a while. I'd be more than happy to help out with articles and such.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I know nothing about video editing or writing long articles but I do have a mic and time on my hands if you need another opinionated voice on the podcast.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
I approve, Roger has one of those voices you're likely to hear on an ambient music station. :awesome:

Anyway, I can't commit to any project that takes more than a few hours at a time but if you need an extra body for anything, gimme a shout. Probably best if I don't do verbal stuff; the Brummie accent can be a shock to the delicate of demeanour. :monster:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I know nothing about video editing or writing long articles but I do have a mic and time on my hands if you need another opinionated voice on the podcast.

Yes please.

I took a class on Adobe Audition CC on skillshare in part to help out with the editing of the podcasts and I have a lot free time on my hands.

And speaking of skillshare, for people that want to be involved making or helping out with content but feel they don't have the necessary abilities skillshare is wonderful platform for that with a wide variety of classes. If you want to try video and/or audio editing they have the first month free or I could refer anyone interested and you will get two months free.

I'm open to helping out with the youtube channel too, helping out and reviewing conent and maybe doing some myself in the future.

Can I suggest if it is possible we set up a Creative Cloud account for TLS? That way everyone who would want to create content for the youtube channel would have access to things like premiere pro, after effects and audition.

Last edited:

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
I'm open to offering technical help if needed, assuming it falls into my area of expertise. I'm a PHP developer, very familiar with WordPress, been doing it to make a living for 10+ years, etc. I'm decent with photoshop, too, but not astoundingly talented when it comes to artwork.

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
I don't really know how helpful I can be. The only things I'm really capable of are editing and writing. I don't know how much good an editor would be to y'all, but I'd be very happy to read over stuff as and when it's needed. In terms of writing, if anyone has an idea/a thing that needs to be written but not the time, I can do the research and writing as long as I have the idea/vision set out, if that would be in any way useful? Probably not but hey, use me if you so desire :monster:

Lex

Administrator
Chip made a content creator server on discord, I don't know if we'll use that or just make private sub chats for content people on the main TLS server, but can I ask those of you who've indicated an interest to contact me on Discord so we can all chat in one place? We can decide from there who's doing what/ how we're moving forward. I'm active on Discord whenever I'm home, so just @ or PM me if you need to get a hold of me.

Carry on in here too, I still need people to commit to the podcast. We're at a stage where we might go back to sporadic fulfillment of that but I'd rather we got a routine output back on track.

I'd also like to have a meeting with everyone at some point on Discord so we can chat about assigning roles.

New TLS people are also more than encouraged to join in <3

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
I've been lured in by the gentle tugging of Chip, speaking of which. :awesome:

My skills are a bit eclectic and all of them are self-taught. I've demonstrated that I'm not shy with Photoshop (whether it's manipulation or digital art), I have some experience in video editing and audio-mixing and a little bit in animation. I have a working mic of decent quality and have a knack for putting on voices if there was ever a project that, well, needed that sort of thing. :P My motto when it comes to the creative process has always been this: dream up an idea and then do whatever I need to do to make that a reality, even if it means learning a new skill.

Oi, and I'm very much a team player, haha. I think I'd be good with brainstorming processes and pitching ideas with others and figuring out how to make things work. For now, I think I'd contribute the most to the YouTube team, but I'll always do whatever I can to help in other areas if it's so needed.

Also, just wanted to add that I'd love to hear Minato on the podcast. I've always enjoyed hearing him talk about Final Fantasy in voice chats because, well, he definitely knows his stuff!

Radigar

Pro Adventurer
I'm open to offering technical help if needed, assuming it falls into my area of expertise. I'm a PHP developer, very familiar with WordPress, been doing it to make a living for 10+ years, etc. I'm decent with photoshop, too, but not astoundingly talented when it comes to artwork.

Similar in my case, I've been working as PHP developer for 1 year with Wordpress CMS. Part of my knowledge as designer and front end developer is self-taught and I love research related with FFVII. If I can help to the community it will be an honor for me.

Lex

Administrator
OK so here is what I have so far based on what everyone's said:

YOUTUBE

- Chip
- Claymore
- Carlie
- Channy
- Fancy

WRITERS/ EDITORS

- Jecht
- Crash

SITE DEVS

- Kionae
- Radigar

ARTIST

- Fancy

PODCAST

- Tennyo
- Minato
- Carlie

And Mage said she's happy to help with whatever is needed, which is cool. Have I missed anyone?

I'll obviously be involved in everything, but I'll appear in the podcast when needed and I'll be involved with the YouTube stuff just from a QA/ management standpoint. At least initially :)

Fancy I put you down as "artist" because I'm hoping you'll be able to dig into the site graphics if you're willing. Flint was the last person who did this and prior to him was Pixel, so we need someone to deal with that/ create new TLS style stuff aswell if needed.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I'll just add that also we should consider our social media. Lith and I discussed it. I can handle keeping our presence in Reddit, and Lith suggested she can help keep our presence on facebook. Either of us are twitter junkies that can also spread there.

SeaDragon

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Sjödraken
If there need help for some graphics for events, news, social media or something else I could help.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I'm happy to guest-appear on the podcast when needed, but I don't want to create a too many cooks in the kitchen sort of thing, but if you're short a person some month or need a hopeless homer/fanboy, let me know :monster:

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Fancy I put you down as "artist" because I'm hoping you'll be able to dig into the site graphics if you're willing. Flint was the last person who did this and prior to him was Pixel, so we need someone to deal with that/ create new TLS style stuff aswell if needed.

That's absolutely fine with me~! :joy:

Lex

Administrator
I've invited everyone to a server chip created while we sort things out (on Discord). Please check your discord PM's. If you didn't get one, PM me on discord. I'm waiting on Kionae, SeaDragon, Radigar and a few others to accept and join. I've split people by responsibility and we can get underway chatting about how to proceed :)

Top Bottom