• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Weekly roundups

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Here is the first one!

Please take a look and share your thoughts on the format, contents, whatever.

It took me hours - a lot longer than it should have, mainly due to wrestling with Wordpress. The visual editor seems to run under the twisted concept of "what you see is what you won't get". But now the first one is up, it shouldn't take so long. People, keep sharing whatever interesting articles you find and making threads about Final Fantasy and you'll be contributing to future roundups :)

AvecAloes

Donator
This looks great, Flint. I love that you include the links to the discussions of each topic on the forums. I'm really loving all of the new front page stuff, and I really can't wait to see more. The weekly round-up was a great idea to keep things active on the front page.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
*Actually copies and pastes stuff people have said*
Looks great. Well done!

Love the format of it too. =)I really really like it. Looks professional and interesting and all that good stuff.This looks great, Flint. I love that you include the links to the discussions of each topic on the forums. I'm really loving all of the new front page stuff, and I really can't wait to see more. The weekly round-up was a great idea to keep things active on the front page.Love the weekly round up format to help encourage activity and discussion.*Copy and paste of stuff people have already said multiple times*I love it, well done!!

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
^ Huh, didn't see your post :huh:
May be useful for the next roundup:

New XIV: A Realm Reborn Trailer (cool song)
Thanks, I was already planning to include a story about XIV shutting down and XIV:RR launching, and I can add that.

I saw that, but I wasn't sure it was significant enough to make the roundup. It's an opinion piece, and as you said, it's just moaning.

Not a huge story, but I'll include it if I don't have enough material otherwise.

I also notice you didn't mention the recent quote regarding Type-0? Was there a particular reason for this?
What quote was that? I didn't see one. I did see this, however, which only broke today.

Everyone, feel free to share any interesting things you've seen over the past week! I'll be posting the next roundup tomorrow evening. And thanks for all your positive comments :)

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
This week's roundup might have to wait a while. I was planning to do it during my train journey this evening, but the internet on board is dial-up slow, so it's too much hassle. It will be done this weekend though.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Excellent poast; suddenly, it turns out we have a shitton more stuff to do for the front page than just the main articles. I do particularly like you linking people to the forums for various reasons.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
The next roundup is up, but something very weird is going on with the featured image. It has replaced the entire banner. Or maybe it's because I am at work and using an old version of Internet Explorer. Fangu, what's up?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
That's weird and shouldn't happen, unless you replaced the image (it's somewhere in the WP-content folder / as an upload iirc) somehow.

Fangu

Great Old One
Huh. That sounds extremely weird, and shouldn't happen. It sounds so weird I don't even know if I can reproduce that bug. Looks like you fixed it, did you have to reupload the banner in Appearance > Header?

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
That's weird and shouldn't happen, unless you replaced the image (it's somewhere in the WP-content folder / as an upload iirc) somehow.
I didn't touch the banner, and I don't believe it was overwritten, as it still showed up correctly on the forum and the rest of the front page. It was only the roundup that had the problem. Weirder still, it didn't happen in previews, only when I actually published the post.

Fangu

Great Old One
Yop fixed it, it was some weird settings in header.php - featured images can be set as headers, apparently. He commented out that piece of code :)

Lex

Administrator
May be of interest to this week's roundup:

Square Enix lists 5 elements that make a Final Fantasy game.

Final Fantasy Superfan to be credited in Lightning Returns, decided by fans etc.
Now it's the turn of the community members who must pick the entry they feel displays all the attributes of a Final Fantasy super fan. Head over to ff25th-anniversary.com to view the finalists and select your winner no later than December 7.

The winner will have their name credited in Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, two tickets to the Final Fantasy Distant Worlds concert in January 2013, Paris, France and an Official Final Fantasy goodie bag.

Agni's Philosophy conference featuring SE's new game engine.

Interesting how the official Square Enix SuperFans page uses fan-edited Cloud/Zack art. See the shot to the upper left which blends a shot of Zack from Crisis Core and adds Cloud's head on top. :monster:

I just find that highly amusing and amateurish.

Lex

Administrator
Wow 0_0. I probably wouldn't have noticed that, i tend not to look at artsy backgrounds.

My vote would be on Ryu or Tres. From what I've observed, they are the most well-versed in the greatest range of FF titles. FFVII is my only specialty. Flintlock, Prince Lex or a number of other members on this forum would qualify better than me to be a SuperFan.

No offense to anyone who is not Ryu or Tres btw. :monster: I could have simply missed which other members have the greatest repertoire of FF knowledge.

Top Bottom