Weiss VR battle strategies

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Here's my strategy for beating Weiss. This is all from my observations, sorry in advance if I get something wrong.

Weiss has three phases he can switch between. In his first phase, Weiss only deals physical damage and none of his abilities can be blocked. Dodge these instead to leave him pressured, then punish him with 'Focused' abilities. This is easy enough once you learn his attack patterns.

Weiss will move to his second phase after being staggered or if enough time passes. Most notable about this phase is Weiss's ability to restore his stagger gauge. To counter, cast magic. Lots of magic. Firaga will interrupt his actions and raise his stagger gauge a decent amount.

If you fail to deal enough damage, Weiss will switch back to his first phase and open with Immaculate End, his super move. Immaculate End dealt 8,000 damage to each of my party members even with Barrier active. Yikes.

Weiss will switch to his third phase to heal once his health is low enough. In this phase, Weiss summons Rosso's unique gunblade and gains Regen. This is an absolute nightmare of a phase and I have no idea how to counter it. My strategy is to beat Weiss before he gets here.

The secret is Parry materia. With it, Tifa can move fast enough to dodge most of Weiss's unblockable abilities with little effort. For his second phase, use Aerith's Arcane Ward to overwhelm him with magic. You should be able to prevent Weiss from ever using Immaculate End or healing.

As for equipment, I went with Hardedge for maximum attack, Feathered Gloves for maximum speed, Mythril Rod for maximum magic, and Force Bracelets for maximum number of materia. Healing Carcanets for Cloud and Tifa to get the most out of their restorative spells and a Circlet for Aerith to give her more MP.

Materia is mostly self-explanatory. Skill Master helps prolong the Firaga spam.

Materia (Cloud & Tifa)
Fire - Elemental
Parry
Healing
Revival

Materia (Aerith)
Barrier - Magnify
Fire
Magic Up x 2

Materia (everyone)
HP Up x 2
MP Up x 2
Skill Master

Last edited:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
The only one of his moves I can consistently dodge is his stab move, the other two I don't know how. Any advice?

For stab you dodge into him, and I think for Evisceration you dodge right when he does it.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Weiss said:
They shall be slashed, strangled and slaughtered. Beaten, stabbed, and crushed. Garroted and impaled. Shot and executed... Without mercy.

....Ohhhhh... He was talking about us. The players challenging him....Haha! Now I get it! :awesomonster:

Sonofabitch created his own fucking tutorial to explain there's no blocking his attacks.

Hard Mode only, no Gotterdamerung.

I was executed without mercy. This is.... Challenging to say the least. I will have to dig in on this. Because this fucker is as serious as a heart attack. And from what I know, that's quite serious.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
The secret is Parry materia. With it, Tifa can move fast enough to dodge most of Weiss's unblockable abilities with little effort.

This 100%

You absolutely need this materia. Parry gets around his unblockable bullshit and allows you to dodge. Some of his attacks I don't think can be dodged, so you absolutely need a party with this.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I'm glad to hear that Weiss is challenging because all the videos I watched made him look too easy :lol:

Weiss massacred me so badly in my first few attempts that I seriously pondered if I would ever be good enough to beat him.

I can actually get through the first phase just fine without it now. I can't figure out how to stagger him in the Azul phase though, he can heal his own pressure meter there.

Aerith's Arcane Ward with -aga magic. Cast enough and you can offset his pressure healing and even stagger him.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Ah, I forgot she could do that. My current strategy is to let Cloud get the shit beaten out of him in phase 1 so ascension is ready when he gets staggered, then do that and have Aerith use divine judgement and Tifa use star shower. This gets him to half-health. Then I guess I can use arcane ward to stagger him in phase 2 and hopefully kill him.

Last edited:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I just can't get the luck you had with hitting him with magic over and over. He keeps summoning his black hole super fast which ruins the arcane ward.

Also, the lack of HP up materia makes it harder to not die lol.

Last edited:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
You rock, @Odysseus Congratulations!

I took a break and will return to it in a bit.

Any advice to share now that you've conquered the Immaculate Asshole? :monster:
Oh I just PM'd you lol.

If you're still trying to beat Weiss, here's a tip. Make the Arcane Ward very close to him. That way you can go punch him to regain ATB while the other members are casting magic and stunning him. The black hole causes some issues so try to lead it away with the party leader.

Also, save Cloud's limit for the second stagger, that way you finish him off for sure.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Love to see it! Congrats Ody!
I probably didn't make it look "easy" did I? Looking back at it a lot actually went wrong on my successful run. I had Aerith use sorcerer storm instead of ray of judgment on accident when he was staggered, never had Tifa use star shower, and Cloud just barely got off infinity's end. I'm almost disappointed that was my successful run because a lot of the previous ones went better in the first half lol.

Also, sorry for spamming this thread so much. I can delete all those messages if you guys want.

Top Bottom