Weiss VR battle strategies

SilverArrow20XX

Pro Adventurer
Just beat him for the first time.
Time was 1:28.
Went with a full magic power build on Aerith with lots of ATB helping stuff on everyone.
Just dodged around with Tifa, building his stagger.
Then as soon as he's staggered I place an Arcane Ward and spam Thundaga with Aerith and Cloud, while Comboing him with Tifa to get his % as high as possible. Got him down to <20%.
When he Phase shifts, I just stay in the Ward and throw off 1 -aga spell at a time while building ATB with another character, and he died before the healing phase.

The key was the tip I got for the best Tifa combo, which made a pretty huge difference. Cause I was only getting him to around 50% before.

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
Started to break my teeth on this Immaculate guy yesterday. I think my issue is that I have a problem spamming -aga magic during the Azul phase, namely because my MP Up materias are not fully levelled up and I end up... running out of MPs :doh: I also realized I only one Parry materia, not even levelled up. Maybe a bit of grinding for levelling up materias is in order (and I agree that Tifa equipped with Parry is MVP on this fight). I need MOAR POWER!
I came close a couple of times - his Rosso phase-shift is insane, only way to deal with it is to put a Limit Break on his face and stagger him asap. I'll get there eventually.

ph14basicbitch

shinra merch buyer
AKA
koda
Parry doesn't need to be leveled for Weiss. Leveling it increases the damage Parry does and how much stagger it builds. If you're using it to slide away from Weiss's moves, you aren't doing much damage with it or building stagger to begin with lol.

If you are trying to get the most out of spamming magic in Azul phase, more important to get both Magic Up materia and max them out if you didn't do that already.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
For anyone looking to level up their materia, I've deduced that the best way to grind AP is to repeat the Bugaboo x 16 fight in the VR room. It's the fist battle in the "Two-Person Team vs. High Flyers" challenge. Cloud with Triple Slash on a shortcut makes quick work of them. As soon as the next battle loads, pause the game, give up, then rechallenge.

Each battle gives you 48 AP and takes just over 30 seconds. Previously I was replaying the beginning of Chapter 16 to grind AP, but the Bugaboo method is a lot faster. I presume this is the best method in the Yuffie DLC as well.

One thing to note, AP is tripled on all difficulties as soon as you beat the game, so go ahead and select Easy.

Last edited:

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
Update - I finally kicked his virtually-projected-butt. I went to 100% the rest of the game to level up the materias (I did not import my PS4 saves). Getting those extra levels in HP Up and MP Up gave me an edge (being able to survive Immaculate End without activating Reprieve helps). Not the prettiest of fights, I did not do great on the Azul phase, I just unloaded 2 Limit breaks when he entered the Rosso Phase, staggered him, and finished him while staggered.
*Victory fanfare*

Top Bottom